Stephen Ireland (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Facebook rumours that he is due to sign for us after leaving Bolton

Otis

Oh.

I thought he used to be decent. Was he decent and then lost his way then? Or have I got it wrong.

Saw him play for Man City and he always looked pretty good.

Has he ever played L1 level before?

Otis

138 appearances for Man City. Where did it all go wrong?

Either as back up to Doyle, or Doyle's injury is a lot worse than we have been letting on.

vow

Wasn’t he in the stoke team against us last year?
Yes, subbed off in 2nd half.

Not sure what to make of this, we do need some quality in midfield, time will tell if he's the answer (if he signs).

rondog1973

Think his footballing mojo went long ago. Was in media outlets flaunting the spoils of his wealth and he's been shite ever since.

oucho

Facebook rumours that he is due to sign for us after leaving Bolton

Ah Facebook, that reliable source of transfer bullshit.

He must be about 34

You know someone's career has gone down the toilet when you think they're older than they are or that they've retired altogether when they haven't. It's a bit like that crap sitcom e.g. Last of the Summer Wine where you think it finished years ago but it's still limping on past its best years without you noticing.

Either as back up to Doyle, or Doyle's injury is a lot worse than we have been letting on.

Or this is baseless bullshit.

We need pace and power in the midfield not a passenger

You get a like there for the alliteration.
Think his footballing mojo went long ago. Was in media outlets flaunting the spoils of his wealth and he's been shite ever since.

Maybe he had a bad injury and never recovered. I do think that's the usual explanation when a player peaks in their early 20s and is then a shadow of themselves thereafter.

Had it not been for his first hundred games or so, I doubt he would have had any pro contracts as the rest of his career didn't justify one, he was dining out on his reputation built in the first few seasons he played. All a bit too Stephen Hunt for me, let's steer well clear.

Grendel

Don’t get the Hunt comparison as he was playing fairly regular championship football until the season he joined us

He’s nothing like Doyle as a player so he’s not replacing him

stay_up_skyblues

Yep, a bright pink Range Rover and a marble framed snooker table with his name and squad number woven into the felt if I recall correctly.

Pete in Portugal

Merry Xmas everyone. I briefly wondered whether Doyle might be on his way elsewhere and now this rumour has resurrected that thought. (If indeed a thought can be resurrected, but let's not go there.)

Or Oucho is right and this rumour is baseless bullshit and not the total terrible truth.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

If it's the Stephen Ireland I'm thinking of it bodes well

vBB_Ah.gif

Grendel

Yep, a bright pink Range Rover and a marble framed snooker table with his name and squad number woven into the felt if I recall correctly.

Didn’t he lie about someone dying to get out of a game?

higgs

He lied said his grandmother had passed away but when the news circulated in Ireland his grandmother rang the local radio station to say she was alive. He wouldn't have the hunger to get stuck in to life in league one a luxury player That would offer nothing to us. His career is over we don't need another passenger

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

No thanks. Why would any team want him?

stevefloyd

I think he said he was sorry about all the lies and was now seeking professional help ......but sadly he also lied about that too

no_loyalty

He has been garbage and injury prone since leaving Man City, so he will fit in here well.

Magwitch

Let’s be honest none of us know if this is true and even more if Ireland is any good now, thought he was okay years ago at Man City but not really followed him since, would probably be a short term signing and let’s remember we are third division. I would love us to go out and buy an established younger midfield player who will strengthen and improve our midfield for two or three years and we build a team around but we ain’t got that sort of finance either for fee or wages. Don’t think we should make judgement yet, I remember the outcry when we signed Dennis Wise who rammed the dissenters words right down their throats.

Users who are viewing this thread