Stephen Hunt Signs (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

Really don't get the signings of Ramage and Hunt and Rose.

Are they likely to play?? I doubt they will be ready for a couple of weeks.

Yes they they used to be decent players. And please don't compare these two signings with Sam Ricketts who was playing regular football at decent level albeit on loan at Swindon. And captained winning the league just couple years ago.

These chaps Haven't played in months. ( Yes I don't count the Indian premier league as any benchmark).

I'm not impressed by their past. It's about the here and now and future.

im very sceptical , I hope I'm wrong but really not impressed but will reserve judgement and trust in Mowbray.

Yes word for word what I think. I mean rose and ramage make no sense really. Even hunt. When will they play? How good are they even these days? Rose has played mls and ramage in India hardly a good yardstick? Cole and hunt haven't played for months and are both 34 and lots of mileage there and let's face it cole hasn't pulled up any trees yet has he. I'm all for experience especially in the dressing room and training pitch mind you.

I just don't get the playing time and reasoning? Sam ricketts is 33 but he was brought in to play every week and be our captain. Hardly come from the Indian league did he?

I respect and repeat also in TM I trust and he has the knowledge and experience to know what's what.

Samo

Yes they they used to be decent players. And please don't compare these two signings with Sam Ricketts who was playing regular football at decent level albeit on loan at Swindon. And captained winning the league just couple years ago.

These chaps Haven't played in months. ( Yes I don't count the Indian premier league as any benchmark).

im very sceptical , I hope I'm wrong but really not impressed but will reserve judgement and trust in Mowbray.

I think TM is signing players for short and long term... Ramage and Hunt are short term as back up for when the season/injuries get difficult. Others may be with an eye on the Champ... Lorentzson and Rose perhaps, players of the right age but with something to prove given the chance. In TM we trust.

ccfc92

I think TM is signing players for short and long term... Ramage and Hunt are short term as back up for when the season/injuries get difficult. Others may be with an eye on the Champ... Lorentzson and Rose perhaps, players of the right age but with something to prove given the chance. In TM we trust.

Mowbray would be a fool if he wasn't planning for next season, regardless of if it's League 1 or the Championship.

Luckily, he's not a fool :)

Perryccfc

Yes word for word what I think. I mean rose and ramage make no sense really. Even hunt. When will they play? How good are they even these days? Rose has played mls and ramage in India hardly a good yardstick? Cole and hunt haven't played for months and are both 34 and lots of mileage there and let's face it cole hasn't pulled up any trees yet has he. I'm all for experience especially in the dressing room and training pitch mind you.

I just don't get the playing time and reasoning? Sam ricketts is 33 but he was brought in to play every week and be our captain. Hardly come from the Indian league did he?

I respect and repeat also in TM I trust and he has the knowledge and experience to know what's what.

Ramage makes no sense? Have you seen some of the makeshift back fours we've been playing with? A former premier league centre half has come in to add a bit of experience to a young, inexperienced back four and you think it makes no sense?

Kingokings204

Ramage makes no sense? Have you seen some of the makeshift back fours we've been playing with? A former premier league centre half has come in to add a bit of experience to a young, inexperienced back four and you think it makes no sense?

Well no way is he match fit and has had no competitive football for a few years. That's more what I meant.

SlowerThanPlatt

Both make sense for me.

Ramage - currently 1 centre half (one who's played RB for the majority of his career) available to play

Hunt - only 2 out and out wingers in our squad (O'Brien and Murphy), currently no wingers on the bench

idm1975

Healthy competition for places is good. You cant have guys playing knowing even if they have a cpl bad games their name is going to be on the team sheet regardless. Our players have to buy into this, they should all know this anyway being pro footballers, it should keep everyone on their toes and at the top of their game.

simonregis

When Mowbray was at Boro they had many young players but the older ones were 'footballers' not hardened pros. As Ramage said he is here to 'look after' Armstrong and that's what the youngsters will need. You watch over the next few games against some of the top teams we will be in for a battle. I don't think it's coincidence that these guys have been signed before two of our most difficult games.

fernandopartridge

You ain't got a clue tbf

covcity4life

Bookmarked to fuck you up when time is right

Grendel

Well no way is he match fit and has had no competitive football for a few years. That's more what I meant.

He played for Barnsley in league one last season.

higgs

We sign players with experience and quality and people moan and if we were signing unheard of kids people would moan and if we didn't sign anybody people would moan. The club are showing ambition tony is building a strong squad we could have 20 good squad players strength in depth for the run in and nobody on stupid long contracts that need to be bombed out in the summer if things go tits. It's a good time to be a sky blue let's enjoy while this lasts

dongonzalos

To be honest I was at the point where i was going to throw a hissy fit. 16 hours without a signing I was one unhappy bunny!!

Last edited:

dongonzalos

If TM gets SH's head where it should be. He is a player well above this level of footy.
Managing Joe Cole correctly will not have gone unnoticed by some players

Last edited:

vow

We sign players with experience and quality and people moan and if we were signing unheard of kids people would moan and if we didn't sign anybody people would moan. The club are showing ambition tony is building a strong squad we could have 20 good squad players strength in depth for the run in and nobody on stupid long contracts that need to be bombed out in the summer if things go tits. It's a good time to be a sky blue let's enjoy while this lasts

Careful, far too positive and sensible a post!

Covstar

So just to keep up we have signed Rose, Lorentzon, Ramage, Cole, Hunt so far this transfer window and we are barely 10 days into Jan. How long has it been since we have been this busy in a January Window?

TM is not messing around and reportedly in for another striker and defender too. Exciting times at City and this sort of recruitment will only strike fear into the rest of the league. We are starting to have great strength in depth for the run in and when the going gets tough, these sort of players are the ones that could potentially step in and help us grind out the results we need to challenge for the top 2 places.

Gotta love this season, can't remember being so excited and counting the number of days till our next game straight after our last game has finished. The desire and commitment from the team is great to see and I hope it continues till the end of the season to hopefully see us crowned as champions of 2015/16 League One Campaign!

Brylowes

Living in Suffolk I have a lot of Ipswich mates &family.Acording to them Hunt has never let them down when called upon.They are strong down the left and have two good youngsters knocking on the door.
Also remember TM has a massive Ipswich connection,fans love him there.Im pleased they are doing ok.
If McMad left or was sacked I think they would be in for TM like a shot.I also think it's one of the only jobs
he would leave us for.

eedyut

If McMad left or was sacked I think they would be in for TM like a shot.I also think it's one of the only jobs
he would leave us for.

That's a horrid thought. Shit, it's going to happen isn't it? Shit. Although he couldn't dictate much to their bulbous owner, could he? Shit. You rotter!

Londonccfcfan

Both make sense for me.

Ramage - currently 1 centre half (one who's played RB for the majority of his career) available to play

Hunt - only 2 out and out wingers in our squad (O'Brien and Murphy), currently no wingers on the bench

Yes we do need a winger...which is why any day would like to see a young lad ,Edson hooi or whatever his name get a months contact over Hunt.

Someone who could potentially have a longer term future.

As for Ramage he does make a bit more sense as a back up defender in emergency only.

He won't get a sniff in as the makeshift back four haven't done too badly. And now Martin should be back also.

Londonccfcfan

If TM gets SH's head where it should be. He is a player well above this level of footy.
Managing Joe Cole correctly will not have gone unnoticed by some players

I think spot on. TM man management seems fantastic, just don't need anybody rocking our ship at this point in the season.

mechaishida

Yep, another quality signing, not one you'd expect for a L1 side but well, we're clearly paving our promotion path with the many millions of quids we have at our disposal. ;)

Cometh the hour, cometh the Mowbray. I might copyright that, it's gold.

Gazolba

<snip> Rose, Lorentzon, Ramage, Cole, Hunt <snip> We are starting to have great strength in depth for the run in <snip>/QUOTE]

Of the players you mention, only Cole has played for us so far, so whether the others will provide 'strength in depth' remains to be seen. And I'm not sure you'd classify a player unable to last 90 minutes in any game adds 'strength'. One vital position where we have no strength in depth is goal-keeper, and that could well cost us in the end.

Grendel

I agree about the keeper. We need another defender as well. We need to get back to Martin and another centre back and Ricketts and stokes as full backs.

stupot07

I still think we need another striker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

H

Huckerby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Agree. If Armstrong gets cropped or rolls over on his ankle our goals are gone.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Otis

Most definitely. To pin all your goalscoring hopes on one player is a precarious thing to do for sure. Injury, tiredness, suspension, loss of form. Any of those are possible over a 19 game stretch. We most definitely need another striker without doubt.

Samo

Most definitely. To pin all your goalscoring hopes on one player is a precarious thing to do for sure. Injury, tiredness, suspension, loss of form. Any of those are possible over a 19 game stretch. We most definitely need another striker without doubt.

Precarious is the word. There is so much at stake, we have to have realistic cover.

letsallsingtogether

Happy Days..........

Got my ticket today for Tuesday Night constant stream of people in the queue at tesco shop all buying more then one ticket hopefully this drags a few more along:)

Users who are viewing this thread