Stating the Obvious...Need to Keep Winning (1 Viewer)

hill83

giphy.gif

SkyBlueCRJ

Has Maddison actually gone? Thought he'd backed out of Charlton...

Oh missed that one? Although bizarrely Darren Ferguson has said that Maddison has no future at Peterborough so I'm guessing that as long as he agrees personal terms then he's gone. Although according to Ferguson that's 50/50 at the minute.

Tommo1993

All the futile maths and theories and speculations make me laugh. Just need to win our own games. We have no control over anything else, the rest will sort itself out.

covcity4life

Just done a quick gut test verdict on our rrmaining fixtures.

39 pts

Ehich give us 83

Enough for playoffs. Prob not enough for autos?

steve cooper

Just done a quick gut test verdict on our rrmaining fixtures.

39 pts

Ehich give us 83

Enough for playoffs. Prob not enough for autos?
Low 80s could well be enough for second place this season.
Looking at the form guides for the last 6, 8, 10, 12 games, Ipswich & Oxford are mid table, Wycombe nearer the bottom half, only Portsmouth & Sunderland are showing good form, and Portsmouth have dropped slightly lately. Some of these have played one game more than us. If we keep up the average we have been doing over the same period, (23 points from the last 12 games), It could well get us into second place, particularly if we can take full points off the likes of Portsmouth & Sunderland.

singers_pore

Low 80s could well be enough for second place this season.
Looking at the form guides for the last 6, 8, 10, 12 games, Ipswich & Oxford are mid table, Wycombe nearer the bottom half, only Portsmouth & Sunderland are showing good form, and Portsmouth have dropped slightly lately. Some of these have played one game more than us. If we keep up the average we have been doing over the same period, (23 points from the last 12 games), It could well get us into second place, particularly if we can take full points off the likes of Portsmouth & Sunderland.

Rotherham showing very good form and are top.

shmmeee

We will win the league if we win all our remaining games

Was thinking this earlier: what’s the latest in the season we’ve had it under entirely our own power to win the league before? Obviously true first game of the season, but I can’t remember us being in that position in mid January for ages. Mowbray season maybe when we came down with the Christmas lights?

Edit: just checked and we weren’t in this position at least early Jan that season.

Last edited:

itsabuzzard

This is the season. Enjoy the ride to the top and marvel at the view - once we get there we'll be pulling up the drawbridge. A narrow win over Brum will ratchet up the momentum for an unbeaten run in. Will almost certainly get knocked out in the next round, but it'll be irrelevant.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Interesting that we spent about 4 months moaning how we couldn't win away and then all of a sudden, our away form is the best in the league whilst our 'home' form has slipped.

Absolutely no way anyone can predict what way this will go with accuracy. I still think there'll be many twists and turns with the likes of Rotherham, Pompey, Sunderland and us all going through a bad patch and dropping points and the likes of Ipswich going on a run again.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

so 19 games to go
9 at home = All Tough would imagine 5 wins and 2 draws would be a good perfomance
10 away = Much easier - only Ipswich in the top 10. 5 wins and 3 draws there

so that is 35 points on top of what we already have =79

Rotherham at 2 points per game if we can beat them would be on 81, Wycombe and Ipswich both 79 and the rest much less

so if we can hit that sort of form above - 79/80 points beating our main rivals should be enough

as for play offs Probably need another 28 points from 19 games

8 wins/4 draws/7 defeats. That would be a big fall off from where we have been so far

Users who are viewing this thread