Statement from the Sky Blue Trust (1 Viewer)

simple_simon

So this is all the Trust could conjure up, and they want TF and JS to listen to the fans? sorry but I'm glad I never invested my pound into regurgitated "encouragements".

That's why they do not go to the press very often because some do nothing but knock those who try.

Tin hat on and ready - wasn't there a vote organised by the Trust to support the NOPM campaign? I'm sure there was with a majority favouring this standpoint. So have I missed another poll that overturned this?

I'm confused :confused:

letsallsingtogether

Well done to the trust unfortunately people will see what they want to see in this statement.
I for one know the good work you are all trying to do behind the scenes.
I also realise that you cannot comment on some of these well done lads/Lasses

hill83

Tin hat on and ready - wasn't there a vote organised by the Trust to support the NOPM campaign? I'm sure there was with a majority favouring this standpoint. So have I missed another poll that overturned this?

I'm confused :confused:

I can't remember if that did happen, but if it did and regardless of the result, this is the correct direction for the Trust to take.

letsallsingtogether

Like people have said before Don't Burn your bridges so need to stay neutral to make this work.

I can't remember if that did happen, but if it did and regardless of the result, this is the correct direction for the Trust to take.

L

longjohnskyblue

Point is like it or not the membership of the trust have spoken! And the leadership are ignoring their voice!!!

They have just had an agm, why were these changes not made then when they could have been voted on? Sort of proves they ae not democratic!

BrisbaneBronco

Is your suggestion based on ownership at full current market value? If so, my guess is SISU wouldn't be interested.

Or are you advocating they get it at a knock down price? If so, why?

Do not know what fair market value is. But would like to think that they would offer a similar amount to what it would cost to build a new stadium and in return get a 51% share plus ALL income streams.

BrisbaneBronco

Return under a fair rental agreement, with access to revenue streams not an option worth considering even in the short term?, even if ultimately a stadium were built by Otium?

I remember TF saying prior to admin, that they had approached ACL/CCC to have a new rent agreement with a run off period of 3 years. This was rejected.
Obviously, if SISU/ACL could agree a deal where CCFC played at the Ricoh for the next 3 years instead of NTFC and get all matchday revenue, then I would be all for it.
Sadly, IMO ACL/CCC will not agree to this. ACL will want us back at the Ricoh on similar terms as before but with less rent.

Spionkop

So now we know the Trust won't be organising protests but acting as a mediator.
While I pray their initiative works & the two sides sort it, I can't see it happening.
It all seems a bit lame.

burgess20_tom

We should tie them all around a table of explosives and have a ten minute timer to resolve . Do you think we will get what we want???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fletch

Do not know what fair market value is. But would like to think that they would offer a similar amount to what it would cost to build a new stadium and in return get a 51% share plus ALL income streams.

Doubt if CCC will ever sell the freehold, the commercial formula for the value of ACL is 3 x turnover so a touch over £21m, although that figure will be falling significantly due to reduced current income.

torchomatic

Nice one, Jan. This is the kind of stuff that should be done. Something positive, something actual.

Brighton Sky Blue

While I pray their initiative works & the two sides sort it, I can't see it happening.
It all seems a bit lame.

They were getting too much flak for being seen as a SISU Out enterprise rather than a supporters' club-that's the whole point of what they're doing with directors standing down and distancing themselves from anything which might get them seen as 'biased'.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Doubt if CCC will ever sell the freehold, the commercial formula for the value of ACL is 3 x turnover so a touch over £21m, although that figure will be falling significantly due to reduced current income.

what is the basis of that calculation, because I really cant see the value of ACL being based on something quite that simple?

torchomatic

I think that's the best way. If anything can sort this mess out it will be dialogue between the affected parties. Standing on a hill with a muppet banner won't. Good on the Trust for doing this and letting us know once talks have already taken place. Something I feel I can be positive about.

It all seems a bit lame.

L

longjohnskyblue

This just proves NOPM has worked and WILL work! all it took was 2-3 games with a boycott then low and behold sisu want to talk! What a shock !!!

ohitsaidwalker king power

Has there been no comment from ACL on this matter? I would expect them to reinforce this SBT message via popular press.. and then await a response?

skybluetony176

Shitsu's plan B? devalue ACL by cutting their turnover, interesting!

ohitsaidwalker king power

no comment from the club either from what i can see, nothing on the official web site anyway.

No.. that's not a surprise... I just think ACl should make their position clear and effectively invite SISU to the table formally, rather than rely on the SBT statement. This would then put ACL on the front foot, be a popular move as considered by most and win a few 'hearts and minds'.
SISU would then be under pressure to respond.No administrators coat to hide behind?

skybluetony176

No.. that's not a surprise... I just think ACl should make their position clear and effectively invite SISU to the table formally, rather than rely on the SBT statement. This would then put ACL on the front foot, be a popular move as considered by most and win a few 'hearts and minds'.
SISU would then be under pressure to respond.No administrators coat to hide behind?

that's the worrying thing. no-ones made a statement other than the trust. i just hope that the trust statement doesn't end up being as empty as the Nikki Sinclair statement after her "positive" meeting with Joy Diversion. i'm not accusing the trust of putting out misleading statements, just that i wouldn't put it past either side to keep nodding and saying yes to the trust when they really mean no.

shmmeee

that's the worrying thing. no-ones made a statement other than the trust. i just hope that the trust statement doesn't end up being as empty as the Nikki Sinclair statement after her "positive" meeting with Joy Diversion. i'm not accusing the trust of putting out misleading statements, just that i wouldn't put it past either side to keep nodding and saying yes to the trust when they really mean no.

Only one side has ever been positive with the Trust and unfortunately it's never been the ones who actually should be on the fans side.

This isn't a misleading statement, as far as I can tell its designed to point out what most people knew all along: that Seppala has no intention of meeting anyone or sorting anything out.

She's the only one who refuses to meet whether it's the council the trust or ACL.

Yet some two bit MEP who promises to help undermine ACL financially gets an immediate meeting.

They were getting too much flak for being seen as a SISU Out enterprise rather than a supporters' club-that's the whole point of what they're doing with directors standing down and distancing themselves from anything which might get them seen as 'biased'.

Who are they getting flack from? It isn't their membership! And surely as their sole purpose is to represent their members surely that is the only thing they should be concerned with!

How is it even now they haven't realised that talkiing to sisu just doesn't work. It just shows a fundamental flaw in their whole philosophy tbh. Cannot remember them getting much flack about being anti sisu when the protest happened!

They have been known to tell the odd porky or 6!

I think that's the best way. If anything can sort this mess out it will be dialogue between the affected parties. Standing on a hill with a muppet banner won't. Good on the Trust for doing this and letting us know once talks have already taken place. Something I feel I can be positive about.

Have they put it to a vote of the membership? Surely they should have done this before they change tactics. Seems deeply undemocratic and frankly disturbing turn of events.

slyblue57

Well i m a member of the Trust and have complained many times of the anti sisu we re not taling to them stance.
I want Sisu gone but I want CCC and ACL gone as well.
I want the Trust talking to Sisu and all parties to try and get the team back in Cov.
I also do nt like the Ricoh, soulless place , with stupid parking restrictions. I d prefer a new stadium in Cov but as
thats unlikely to happen, the Ricoh it should be but free of Council interference and hopefully SiSu.
Pusb

Well i m a member of the Trust and have complained many times of the anti sisu we re not taling to them stance.
I want the Trust talking to Sisu and all parties to try and get the team back in Cov.
I also do nt like the Ricoh, soulless place , with stupid parking restrictions. I d prefer a new stadium in Cov but as
thats unlikely to happen, the Ricoh it should be but free of Council interference and hopefully SiSu.
Pusb

But has it been put to a vote? If the majority of members want it then fine, but what if they don't? Are you telling me it is OK for the head honchos to act in direct opposition to what the majority of it's members want? Surely being as democratic as they claim then surely they MUST have a vote on such a immense change in direction! Surely you aren't advocating they should act regardless of the views of the members are you?

Grendel

Who are they getting flack from? It isn't their membership! And surely as their sole purpose is to represent their members surely that is the only thing they should be concerned with!

How is it even now they haven't realised that talkiing to sisu just doesn't work. It just shows a fundamental flaw in their whole philosophy tbh. Cannot remember them getting much flack about being anti sisu when the protest happened!

Many members are intelligent enough to see the benefit of a stance that does not alienate the owners. Those intelligent enough to see this include myself.

Godiva

But has it been put to a vote? If the majority of members want it then fine, but what if they don't? Are you telling me it is OK for the head honchos to act in direct opposition to what the majority of it's members want? Surely being as democratic as they claim then surely they MUST have a vote on such a immense change in direction! Surely you aren't advocating they should act regardless of the views of the members are you?

They should act according to the 'Aims & Objectives'. If members want the 'A&O' changed they should call for a vote.
The problem as I see it is that the Trust for a long period didn't act according to the 'A&O', but moved in different directions.
Going back to diplomacy is going back to the 'A&O'.

Pusb

Also you claim you don't want sisu, but surely by abandoning any criticism of sisu is guaranteeing they stay is it not? And as such how can you then possibly ever campaign to get rid of sisu in the future if you accept and endorse what they have done to the club up to now by no longer protesting at their actions!

You seem to be forgetting the trust claims to be a fans organisation, NOT a mediation service! As such, fans have every right to be partisan, emotive, and should stand up for what they believe. If not, then quite frankly what is the point? There are a ton of organisations that can effectively mediate, but only a handful that claim to have the interest of the fans!

It is downright wrong for a fans group to do the political BS. Leave that to those who lie for a living. Fans should be fans not political animals, or feeding misleading stories to the press all the time!

Users who are viewing this thread