Statement from the Sky Blue Trust (2 Viewers)

slyblue57

You ll be telling me the Government should poll everyone on every decision that they make next lol. I certainly disagree with the vast majority of their poloicies at the moment.
The Trust can nt poll on everything and Im just happy they are trying to move things on.
KCIC
Pusb

Godiva

Also you claim you don't want sisu, but surely by abandoning any criticism of sisu is guaranteeing they stay is it not? And as such how can you then possibly ever campaign to get rid of sisu in the future if you accept and endorse what they have done to the club up to now by no longer protesting at their actions!

You seem to be forgetting the trust claims to be a fans organisation, NOT a mediation service! As such, fans have every right to be partisan, emotive, and should stand up for what they believe. If not, then quite frankly what is the point? There are a ton of organisations that can effectively mediate, but only a handful that claim to have the interest of the fans!

It is downright wrong for a fans group to do the political BS. Leave that to those who lie for a living. Fans should be fans not political animals, or feeding misleading stories to the press all the time!

Look up the Aims & Objectives on the Trust' homepage. They are NOT a sisu-out campaign.

They should act according to the 'Aims & Objectives'. If members want the 'A&O' changed they should call for a vote.
The problem as I see it is that the Trust for a long period didn't act according to the 'A&O', but moved in different directions.
Going back to diplomacy is going back to the 'A&O'.

Where does it say in the trust's A&O they should not act in the interest of the members wishes?

Maybe it is the members desire, maybe it isn't. Point is becasue they have gone ahead without a vote, they cannot possibly claim they are acting on the members wishes - especially as they did have a vote a while ago to have nothing further to do with sisu!

Are you really saying it is OK to do a U turn on the one vote they have had? It is the very defintion of being undemocratic - Precisely what they claim they are not!!!

There has been a vote, they rejected having anything to do with sisu - they made a great play of being democratic! Now when it doesn't suit 10 or so members, they change tactics!

They must now have a vote, otherwise they have alienated the vast majority of their own membership!

"

• advocate financial stability for CCFC, with a business model based on avoiding unsustainable debt, and profits being reinvested directly in the Club;"

How is being prepared to allow sisu to take out additional loans / mortgages to build an unneeded stadium by going along with sisu's plans avoiding unsustainable debt?

Sisu have stated they will need to take out further loans to build this stadium. The trust by ceasing protests is in effect giving them the green light wrt its members not protesting (how can you protest if you are impartial)

Where in the A&O does it say it will be impartial wrt sisu / the club anyway?

he Sky Blue Trust is an independent, democratic, not for profit, supporters’ group which operates transparently and with membership open to all Sky Blues supporters.

Independant? How if it it represents the fans - by very definition it is partisan!

Democratic ? It has so far refused to have a vote from it's members!
Not for Profit ? Then why does it need funds/ subscriptions?
Transparent? Has it released the size or purpose of the fighting fund?

I agree they haven't followed their A&O, but how is taking it from behind by sisu now following this?

letsallsingtogether

No the members voted not to back sisu's move away from the Ricoh that is what alienated the trust from Sisu they saw the trust as a NOPM campaign that was hurting the club At the end of the day you need to talk to sisu or will get nowhere.
There is no bigger hater of sisu then me and even I can see that.
With out any dialogue you will get nowhere still may get nowhere but have to try........
The members voted to avoid having anything more to do with sisu! The members have spoken! By ignoring this vote they have undermined their whole raison d'etre!

stupot07

The members voted to avoid having anything more to do with sisu! The members have spoken! By ignoring this vote they have undermined their whole raison d'etre!

Wasn't that vote before the outcome of the admin process? Can't see the validity of a ccfc supporters trust refusing to have anything more to do with the ccfc owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Steve.B50

Only one side has ever been positive with the Trust and unfortunately it's never been the ones who actually should be on the fans side.

This isn't a misleading statement, as far as I can tell its designed to point out what most people knew all along: that Seppala has no intention of meeting anyone or sorting anything out.

She's the only one who refuses to meet whether it's the council the trust or ACL.

Yet some two bit MEP who promises to help undermine ACL financially gets an immediate meeting.

JS has and is meeting supporters again soon.
We just need to hope that these people put over the views and feelings from the vast majority.

Steve.B50

You are correct, however at the open meeting a few weeks ago it was obvious that this is no longer the view of everyone.
If there is no communication at all how do we try and bring the groups together.?

We are not a SISU OUT group.

NorthernWisdom

You are correct, however at the open meeting a few weeks ago it was obvious that this is no longer the view of everyone.
If there is no communication at all how do we try and bring the groups together.?

Indeed.

Here's another member who approves of the change in stance of recent communications.

You'll never please everybody all of the time, but you can make the trust effective as a trust, rather than a single issue campaign group, and the change in stance makes it more effective IMHO.

I for one welcome our new lizard overlords.

Last edited:
J

Jack Griffin

Many members are intelligent enough to see the benefit of a stance that does not alienate the owners. Those intelligent enough to see this include myself.

As opposed to the owners who clearly are too thick to understand the folly of alienating the fans?

skybluetony176

Many members are intelligent enough to see the benefit of a stance that does not alienate the owners. Those intelligent enough to see this include myself.

you really think that the owners mind being alienated when they have done everything possible to be so. its a shame that the owners aren't intelligent enough to see the benefit of a stance that does not alienate the customers.

Hobo

But unfortunately Grendel you are not intelligent enough to see SISU are driving us down a road to their own means and it is them that are the alienating fans.

Any attempt by them to communicate with fans lasts two minutes. Any attempt to communicate with ACL last two minutes.

Remember CCC stepped into the breach when CCFC ran out of funds, along with Higgs, before SISU were on the scene. We hear enough bleating from Seppala about returns on investment...well other people are entitled to that too.

I don't care if the Ricoh is sold to SISU but at a fair price. What good is a football stadium without a team? Well Where is the profit in Coventry City playing in Northampton? It comes down to who has the most saleable asset, I would suggest CCC. A small percentage of the city's population support Coventry City FC, CCC have a wider responsibility. SISU won't get near to a stadium like the Ricoh if they build their own and they will multiply the debt 10 fold.

People on here focus on the Ricoh with a football team, yet there are numerous possibilities without a football team. That is one area where I will give SISU credit for.

You obviously have a beef with CCC over other matters, I just wish you would be honest and state them.

I have no problem with fans who insist on going to Sixfields. I do disagree with their self imposed super fan image though.
People have the right to protest....and the right to stay away.

I read a thread recently where a fan said he couldn't believe how easily he adjusted to doing other things on a Saturday...well that is the real message to SISU and the FL...don't take any of us for granted. I have been corresponding with the FL and I am astounded at their lack of ability to qualify their rules. But that explains their complacency and why so many fans have turned their back on the game since 1966.

Business is business respect your customer.

Matty_CCFC

If the Trust can get a message over to these groups then fair play to them, but we do need to still keep up any sort of pressure and that means getting on that hill against Brentford and then one massive showing of strength when we play Sheffield on Sky.

Just curious, but why do you believe a full house or large crowd against the blades will do anything other than bolster Sisu's argument that the fans will eventually flock back (I know he said after 3 games, but sisu are past masters at trying to spin any event).

Also lets face it a televised league 1 game is not going to attract the kinds of audiences any prem league game would attract. More than likely it will attract those supporters from both sides and avid footie addicts, but it isn't really going to go to anyone who hasn't made their mind up already!

As has been shown be the complete indifference by sisu to the protest, they couldn't give a monkeys about protests - they care about money pure and simple. Have any of the in stadium protests ever worked against city? Has anything at all had an effect except hitting them in the pocket? It is just plain naive to expect sisu to get around the table unless they expect to gewt pretty much everything they want.

The one exception was when the FA forced themto the tables by threatening removal of academy funds! No other evidence is needed to show the only course of action. It may mean the trust will never be able to call themselves mediators - but is that a bad thing? Surely being a fan automatically makes you biased! It is dead easy to say give things away when it doesn't cost you any money! Wonder how many would be calling to give the ricoh to sisu for free if it meant their council tax went up!

jesus-wept

Filling Sixfields as a one of when Sheffield United play is fine by me and a perfect protest imo. Only a fool would think it is the start of a fans come back. Did I say fool ? meant to say Fisher I get him and fool mixed up.

simple_simon

Just curious, but why do you believe a full house or large crowd against the blades will do anything other than bolster Sisu's argument that the fans will eventually flock back (I know he said after 3 games, but sisu are past masters at trying to spin any event).

Also lets face it a televised league 1 game is not going to attract the kinds of audiences any prem league game would attract. More than likely it will attract those supporters from both sides and avid footie addicts, but it isn't really going to go to anyone who hasn't made their mind up already!

As has been shown be the complete indifference by sisu to the protest, they couldn't give a monkeys about protests - they care about money pure and simple. Have any of the in stadium protests ever worked against city? Has anything at all had an effect except hitting them in the pocket? It is just plain naive to expect sisu to get around the table unless they expect to gewt pretty much everything they want.

The one exception was when the FA forced themto the tables by threatening removal of academy funds! No other evidence is needed to show the only course of action. It may mean the trust will never be able to call themselves mediators - but is that a bad thing? Surely being a fan automatically makes you biased! It is dead easy to say give things away when it doesn't cost you any money! Wonder how many would be calling to give the ricoh to sisu for free if it meant their council tax went up!

I want the Northampton stadium empty, can you imagine the place with just a few 100 away fans, The FL would have to change things, Sky would be up in arms and TF would just tell SP that the roads were blocked.

To many are using the "loyal fans" card, others are doing sweet feck all, and a few are doing what they feel is right.

Noggin

I've been on holiday for 2 weeks so forgive me if I'm missing something but how is filling sixfields and giving them money for a game a protest? maybe next we should go and weed Fishers garden and wash and wax his car for him, that'll show him.

lordsummerisle

I've been on holiday for 2 weeks so forgive me if I'm missing something but how is filling sixfields and giving them money for a game a protest? maybe next we should go and weed Fishers garden and wash and wax his car for him, that'll show him.

Not spending any money isn't really a protest though either is it?

It's just being lazy and a bit tight.

I could say that I'm actively protesting against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank by not buying Israeli Grapefruit.

I'm not though, I just don't like Grapefruit.

RegTheDonk

lol

You'll have to trawl through the posts Nog, but there are some that think if we fill sixfields for the sky game then do some kind of protest, it would have more effect than an empty statdium.

skybluetony176

I could say that I'm actively protesting against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank by not buying Israeli Grapefruit.

i guess its more about concience than protest to some. For instance i have been to the west bank and it is a poor state of affairs for the western world to do nothing regardless of how many international laws are broke, but ever since my visit i make a point of not buying Isreali product, is it going to change
anything, no. but next time the israeli army start firing misiles on the worlds biggest ghetto's and most over populated pieces of land in the world i can at least rest in the knowledge that my money hasn't helped paid for their crusade.

i see NOPM as a protest against shitsu and possibly the only one i can make that will hit them where it hurts, i also have a clear concience.

RegTheDonk

If you look at how much money hasn't been spent on watching the game or buying merchandise, it shows that people are protesting (as they indicated via the fans forums, the media, the net etc) by not spending - rather than being lazy.

Likewise, if Palastine called for a boycott of Israeli grapefruit and there was a noticable declide in Israeli grapefruit sales - would that not show people were indeed actively not buying that product?

lordsummerisle

You think the withholding of funds isn't a protest - really ??

Not really, the 32,000 fans who went to the JPT semi-final converging on Sixfields but not going into the ground would be a protest.

We've had around 15-20,000 people protesting by not spending any money for decades.

NorthernWisdom

Filling Sixfields as a one of when Sheffield United play is fine by me and a perfect protest imo. Only a fool would think it is the start of a fans come back. Did I say fool ? meant to say Fisher I get him and fool mixed up.

Think of 5,000 people walking out as a spot of performance art too, drawing attention to the fact fans do care, but would care a hell of a lot more in the right city.

Nonleagueherewecome

Come come, you can do better than that in the analogy stakes-you know it, I know it, everyone knows it!

If you'd been buying Israeli grapefruit by the truck load every year for the past 30 years but then stopped buying it, your analogy would be better. But it wouldn't make your point then. It'd be more fitting for the scenario of those supporters who are observing NOPM, though :D

lordsummerisle

Come come, you can do better than that in the analogy stakes-you know it, I know it, everyone knows it!

If you'd been buying Israeli grapefruit by the truck load every year for the past 30 years but then stopped buying it, your analogy would be better. But it wouldn't make your point then. It'd be more fitting for the scenario of those supporters who are observing NOPM, though :D

Can't stand grapefruit because of the memories it brings of a particularly nasty operation I had a few years ago in the groin area.

Buster Gonads wheelbarrow springs to mind when I think back to it.

Users who are viewing this thread