Start all over (2 Viewers)

Otis

Well it seems obvious that we would have to ground share to start out.

Are Cov Sphinx's facilities good enough for Blue Square? Obviously Nuneaton's are.

Would guess The Butts are too for that level.

RoboCCFC90

Are Cov Sphinx's facilities good enough for Blue Square? Obviously Nuneaton's are.

I would be happy with the Butts on a temporary term while we sort something more permnament

dadgad

I don't have the romantic view of life outside of the football league than some have, but let's get serious for a minute - if we reformed in the BSP, or even the league below, we would be the biggest club to EVER play at that level in the modern era, by a mile. The idea that a club with our fan base would not eventually make it back to the league is a joke. If we played in the BSP Premier next season we'd get 6K per week easily, that would be MASSIVE by that league's standards. Let's not get silly.

A few weeks ago we had 31000 at home, and now people are saying we wouldn't be big enough to rise out of the conference? Quite possibly some of the most idiotic comments I have ever seen polluting this thread.

Let's get another thing straight, a new club would be called Coventry City because the title would pass over or be purchased. It would be the same club in spirit and all the history would pass over to this new club. It would bounce back eventually because none of the other clubs at that level could compete with a club that is so much bigger than them.

All of this is true....which is why it is a no brainer.
For five solid years now we have watched our once proud club being dismantled and they're not done yet.
Time to move on because the life support machine (sisu) is about to break down.

ajsccfc

I'd go with Sydney FC, who get mixed in on Cov's Newsnow page due to also being the Sky Blues and also shared the joy of John Aloisi. Plus Sydney looks nice.

The Reverend Skyblue

No, good effort.

What about Racing Club Coventry, that will keep all the ones who live in Warwickshire happy, and we have the name Coventry to keep all the ones in Coventry happy.
I am writing this after a few whiskies, but have i hit on a great idea

This was done in jest, as we have some big user friendly posters on this site from warwickshire, and i'd had a few too many as well.
Its a bloody ridiculous idea i should be ashamed of myself

ccfctommy

Sphinx's facilities are not even Southern League standard, they had to turn down promotion last year because they couldn't afford to improve the ground.

Otis

Sphinx's facilities are not even Southern League standard, they had to turn down promotion last year because they couldn't afford to improve the ground.

Well that's why I asked the question.

Do think the argument about having to build a new stadium is invalid though. There are places we could play.

Users who are viewing this thread