Stadium after May? (1 Viewer)

DownUnderDingo

Right now things are looking great on the pitch but nobody is talking about the fact that there's no agreement after this season. And with a points suspension on the cards if we mess up is there a chance Ashly will put unreasonable stadium terms on the table and force King to sell?

BigadamL

I have no worries about a stadium deal, I think I long-term deal will be made around April time with maybe a few conditions as we look after the pitch etc….
Got to be a main priority for DK

Grendel

Although I somewhat suspect down under Dingo is likely not be be living that far from the stadium someone did say the other day it’s been used as leverage

Grendel

For what?

Alkhen

Is it mad I have a nagging feeling Cov will still end up owned by Ashley somewhere down the line?

I'm way more positive about the owner situation now SISU are gone. Really hope we can get a long term deal so Robins can finally concentrate on building a promotion chasing team.

That said, part of me can't relax. Probably just years of negativity conditioning me to fear the worst but something about Ashley buying the stadium alone doesn't sit right.

Just hoping he doesn't use the stadium to distress CCFC

DownUnderDingo

Although I somewhat suspect down under Dingo is likely not be be living that far from the stadium someone did say the other day it’s been used as leverage
Just 16000 kilometres away.... doesn't feel too local but it sure will be nice to watch a game at 8pm on Sat instead of 11pm.

Ashly being the guy he is could easily want a big money lease. Doug knows that a points deduction would be disastrous . If Ashly really wants us he will use his leverage against Doug imo.

DownUnderDingo

Is it mad I have a nagging feeling Cov will still end up owned by Ashley somewhere down the line?

I'm way more positive about the owner situation now SISU are gone. Really hope we can get a long term deal so Robins can finally concentrate on building a promotion chasing team.

That said, part of me can't relax. Probably just years of negativity conditioning me to fear the worst but something about Ashley buying the stadium alone doesn't sit right.

Just hoping he doesn't use the stadium to distress CCFC
Decent point. I mean, if there was unsuccessful negotiations around April it doesn't leave much time to sort it out. With MA in the background you have to imagine he's seeing how good of a potential product we are and is at least having thoughts on distressing Doug via the stadium. It's business and he has more 0's on his account than Doug ever could. I think it's going to be an interesting end to the season on and off the pitch.

Sbarcher

No reason why negotiations aren't currently being discussed. As long as the long term plan covers promotion, relegation or staying in Championship, then all options can be covered. We don't need to wait to see which division we will be in come May.

slowpoke

Think it is a case of one step at a time, can’t see Fraser Group being awkward or difficult imo they need us as much as we need them. Of course we, ccfc, want the best & cheapest deal possible whatever that is I suspect will be added to the ticket prices, at fag packet maths a pound a ticket on 20000, 23 league games is just under half a million quid.

rexo87

Does worry me a bit - we have no other option which gives Frasers the opportunity to charge us crazy money

slowpoke

Well I think they will be realistic there’s all sorts to negotiate for example advertising including Fraser Plus dotted around, if ccfc have basically hired the stadium for the day surely ccfc will earn money from things like food, advertising, corporate stuff etc,
The only issue for me is what else will be held at the CBS, hopefully no rugger, I can see womens football there, other things indoors like basketball, think there already is snooker & darts. Going to be interesting.

The Philosopher

The reality:

Wasps were in the financial mire when they agreed to let CCFC back.

They were in negotiations with HSBC to refinance and having the CCFC revenue stream was probably vital.

Wasps needed the CBS sponsorship income and it was a condition that CCFC play there.

In turn CCFC could to a degree call the shots with Wasps.

Different story now.

MA has purchased a stadium that would cost over 100£m to build for about 15m plus 10m refurb or whatever.

MA isn’t in a position where no rent from CCFC or no CBS income will dent his pocket.

Even any kind of rent tribunal (if there is a legal protection of some kind for CCFC and I’m not sure there is) would struggle to pin the rent as low as it is now IMO.

Can’t see CCC having much sway either.

MA would have had Joy by the b**** (ok, well not) and unless DK is mad he surely has some kind of understanding with Frasers else why take on so much financial liability?

Nick

Administrator
Who's side are we on now? If SISU were still here then people would be creaming over "Ashley" showing them what for.

AndreasB

Who's side are we on now? If SISU were still here then people would be creaming over "Ashley" showing them what for.

Maybe Nick. Well they did always pretend to have a plan B which wouldn’t have helped. Also a willingness to move out of the CBS would have made us very nervous . Feels like DK is a lot more collaborative, may have to accept the deal his given but I’m sure he had that priced in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Not sure if Fraser group will own us one day or not, just a guess but i’ve said on here before be interesting if one day they become our shirt sponsor, reckon betting shop and gambling sponsors on shirts could be outlawed as tobacco and booze have been so we might be looking for a new shirt sponsor.
Might answer a few questions.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Fraser Group do not need the bad publicity around a new lease plus all the Fraser branding at the CBS is linked to TV viewers.
As mentioned by many Fraser Group will be our owners with the investment that takes us back to the Premier League.
It's curious that two 'ITK's (at least who move in footballing circles) are pretty adamant of this scenario.

letsallsingtogether

Too early to say.
I thought Sisu were the answer when they came.
Once bitten and all that!

At least he isnt going on about some Lego ground that some did actually cream over.

blunted

My gut feeling is a deal will be done but will not be as favourable as the last deal with clauses inserted depending on which division we are playing in.

shmmeee

Would be quite funny if we ended up paying what we were under the original council deal.

Users who are viewing this thread