Wasps signs have actually gone!! (2 Viewers)

jordan210

The statement saying “ “We remain in positive dialogue with the RFU and thank them for their continued support as we work to secure our future.
Our focus remains on stabilising the club financially and Wasps playing in the Championship next season.”

Doesn’t read as they have actually sorted anything yet. Bit open ended

skybluedw

I know we at Cov don’t have a lot of love for the whole Wasps package but they were always going to re-emerge somewhere, in the Rugby Union world they are about as big you get, certain it won’t be here, if there was to be rugger played at the CBS why not invite Cov Rugby, reason, there’s no solid support for club rugby. I’d think ladies football has more chance of being played at CBS reckon a half decent ladies team could get around 3/4/5000 screaming girls looking to spend their dosh. Right up Fraser groups street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Still don't get why Ashley would use a middle man for this but he is the billionaire to be fair.
I don’t think King is a middle man as such - I think Ashley wanted to drive SISU out, but king senses a way to Make money.

he knows Joy - gets the club at cut price/ acceptable to her, he has the capital to keep us ticking over. (Say he spends 15m) tidies the club up and presents it to Ashley for 30m

robbiekeane

I don’t think King is a middle man as such - I think Ashley wanted to drive SISU out, but king senses a way to Make money.

he knows Joy - gets the club at cut price/ acceptable to her, he has the capital to keep us ticking over. (Say he spends 15m) tidies the club up and presents it to Ashley for 30m
I think people need to give it up…King bought the football club and that’s all there is to it

SBbucks

I know we at Cov don’t have a lot of love for the whole Wasps package but they were always going to re-emerge somewhere, in the Rugby Union world they are about as big you get, certain it won’t be here, if there was to be rugger played at the CBS why not invite Cov Rugby, reason, there’s no solid support for club rugby. I’d think ladies football has more chance of being played at CBS reckon a half decent ladies team could get around 3/4/5000 screaming girls looking to spend their dosh. Right up Fraser groups street.

3000-5000 for ladies football at the CBSA? I’ll have some of whatever you’re on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Have heard similar about Ashley wanting the club but not King being a middleman. I think King wants the club and so does Ashley and it’ll come down to a battle of wills/wallets.

AndreasB

He wasn't at Tuesdays game- not saying there is anything in that but not sure football is his passion and wouldn't be surprised if he was not here for the long term.

BrisbaneBronco

Only my opinion and not worried if people don't agree with it, but I reckon MA/FG will be owners by the start of next season and the only way my opinion will change is if/when DK manages to sign a long term lease to play at CBS

SHUNT31

I don’t think it matters too much whether it’s DK or Ashley. They are both going to have targets of getting to the PL. No money to be made by owning a championship club without promotion so it’s a win win for us.

What would be nice is if the club actually became in control of its own destiny in terms of the Arena.

pusbccfc

3000-5000 for ladies football at the CBSA? I’ll have some of whatever you’re on

The England ladies game on Sunday is nearly a sell out.

The Philosopher

I’ve been wary that the Wasps will be back up at CBS until about now.

MA squeezes every penny out of everything, doesn’t he? The Pierre Cardin brand, Muddy Fox brand, Frasers (all respected brands now cheapened by sticking their logo on cheap tat).

I did worry that being able to squeeze an extra bit of revenue out of the arena pitch and bars would have been right up his street, plus the extra eyeballs on the Arena adverts should Wasps get on TV regularly again. He’s ruthless and successful - we can all agree that.

Shocked, I tells thee. MA missing the chance of sweating an asset just a squeeze more? Really?

Maybe, just maybe, he’s still setting up for trying to get hold of CCFC either by rent ramp and distress or DK is (as some have suggested) just a middle man.

Last edited:

robbiekeane

He wasn't at Tuesdays game- not saying there is anything in that but not sure football is his passion and wouldn't be surprised if he was not here for the long term.
My god 😂😂

Wasn’t at Tuesdays game so football isn’t his passion and he won’t be around long

Sounds reasonable. Or of course maybe he just fancied sitting at home and watching TLOA

The Philosopher

I wasn't going to put anything on here but fuck it, I heard on Saturday that that is in fact the case and we will be owned by Ashley within 12 months.
Source has a mixed track record but has got a few big calls right over the last few years.
Thinking about it this does seem plausible.

Doug has (quite possibly) turned down the opportunity of selling Gyok last window fully knowing in the summer his contract is less and value will be less, plus found whatever money to get rid of SISU whilst occupying a stadium without a proper long term rent deal.

King’s either:

-Mad

-In possession of huge conkers

-Has something up his sleeve with big Mike

Bad Boy

The statement saying “ “We remain in positive dialogue with the RFU and thank them for their continued support as we work to secure our future.
Our focus remains on stabilising the club financially and Wasps playing in the Championship next season.”

Doesn’t read as they have actually sorted anything yet. Bit open ended
I'm struggling to understand the RFUs stance on allowing one club to continue and not the other, they both failed whatever the circumstance surrounding each club. How can Wasps be allowed back into the second tier of rugby and as yet have nowhere to play?
Has this nomadic rugby club got some kind of hold over the national governing body because it seems to me that they're being given every opportunity unlike Worcester.

MalcSB

I'm struggling to understand the RFUs stance on allowing one club to continue and not the other, they both failed whatever the circumstance surrounding each club. How can Wasps be allowed back into the second tier of rugby and as yet have nowhere to play?
Has this nomadic rugby club got some kind of hold over the national governing body because it seems to me that they're being given every opportunity unlike Worcester.
The new Worcester owners have refused to repay “rugby creditors” which was a requirement to be allowed back in at Championship level. Nouveau Wasps have said they will repay rugby creditors and must have given some assurances about where they will play which meets RFU requirements. Bondholders left out of pocket.

Bad Boy

The new Worcester owners have refused to repay “rugby creditors” which was a requirement to be allowed back in at Championship level. Nouveau Wasps have said they will repay rugby creditors and must have given some assurances about where they will play which meets RFU requirements. Bondholders left out of pocket.
So there's a clear distinction between rugby creditors and Bondholders then.
One lot get repaid, the other lot don't.
Whoever thinks that's right need to go and wobble their heads.......for a very very long time.
Btw there's a difference between saying you will and actually repaying and Wasps haven't been too good at keeping promises recently.

Nick

Administrator
So there's a clear distinction between rugby creditors and Bondholders then.
One lot get repaid, the other lot don't.
Whoever thinks that's right need to go and wobble their heads.......for a very very long time.

Its not about thinking its right, its what the rules are.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Yeah, nothing about a middleman was mentioned to me just that Ashley would have the naming rights and the club within 12 months.

Even those within CCFC seem to think he wants the club.

There's concern over what Ashley is willing to do to get it though. The rent issue in particular is something that's especially causing alarm in the short term.

The word 'unsustainable' has been relayed to me a few times.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Then the rules must have been written and agreed by some very strange folk me thinks.
They’re written by the RFU for their competition. It’s the same in football.

the RFU only give a fuck about their members. They can let in whomever they want as long as their criteria is met.

i mean ultimately I don’t have that much sympathy with the bond holders - it’s a deal that was too good to be true. They tried to cash in on our misery

Bad Boy

They’re written by the RFU for their competition. It’s the same in football.

the RFU only give a fuck about their members. They can let in whomever they want as long as their criteria is met.

i mean ultimately I don’t have that much sympathy with the bond holders - it’s a deal that was too good to be true. They tried to cash in on our misery
Don't get me wrong, I simply want to see Wasps well and truly stamped into the mud and never recover.
Is that awful of me to think that?

Bad Boy

I’m with you - but the faux sympathy for bond holders isn’t needed.
No HDW, it's not faux sympathy for bondholders from me, I was just questioning why creditors had to be repaid and why not bondholders. Thinking about it since its been explained a little more then I'm of the opinion I couldn't give a rats ass about the whole putrid shitshow that is/was Wasps.

Users who are viewing this thread