St George's Day...... (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Isn't 'snowflake' an insult aimed at someone who gets upset over nothing?
You mean like somebody not posting a happy st George's Day thread?

I'm not going to pretend I was waving a flag from my window for the day. The same as I don't pretend to be Irish and drink Guinness on at Patrick's Day.

Nick

Administrator
That's cool but rest assured i shall remind you and others how patriot you are when England play again..
That's nice for you. You will probably see that I don't even realise England are playing most of the time and don't suddenly turn into an England super fan.

Westendlad

That's nice for you. You will probably see that I don't even realise England are playing most of the time and don't suddenly turn into an England super fan.
Ok fair enough and i didn't say 'super' fan just an English man who celebrates being English that is all.

Covkid1968#

I’m sure I read that according to the Victorians St G was a Covkid.....god bless him. Riding around town slaying all those who refer to a batch as a cob.

ajsccfc

If you have to celebrate St George's day in order to also justify supporting the national team, this has to include every sport England participates in to make sense. True patriots wouldn't miss a second of the lacrosse or the kabaddi.

dutchman

I’m sure I read that according to the Victorians St G was a Covkid.....god bless him. Riding around town slaying all those who refer to a batch as a cob.
He was born in Caludon Castle and slew a dragon which resided in a cave under Hill Top.

I can prove it too. When was the last time anyone saw a dragon in a cave under Hill Top?

Macca

I think England is a fantastic place with as much culture and beauty as any other of the home nations. Feel it's well worth celebrating rather than being derided. Lovely to see the passion of our Celtic cousins is alive and well, unashamedly proud of their Scottish, Welsh and Irish heritage

Users who are viewing this thread