St Andrews/ The Ricoh (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

What pitch does the BPA have down currently? If it’s still grass we could always see the season out there if its behind closed doors and support Coventry’s rugby club financially at the same time. Same next season if it’s still behind closed doors. Plenty of scope for press and tv cameras so why not.

Liquid Gold

HR wasn't the best stadium ever but saying the atmosphere was terrible 90% of the time when the comparison is with 10k rattling around a cold bowl with barely any noise apart form a fucking drum is a bit rich. "But the Ricoh would be great in the prem sold out" so would fucking HR.

Grendel

I am sure it would be quite easy and cost effective to provide media facilities at Ryton - Another option could be the Alan Higgs Centre - U23 play there home games there

We would still have to pay rent at St Andrews though?

Liquid Gold

We would still have to pay rent at St Andrews though?
I understand that rent at St Andrews is on a game by game basis, we didn't pay for a season as we wanted the option to move back to the Ricoh if a deal was struck mid season.

Grendel

I understand that rent at St Andrews is on a game by game basis, we didn't pay for a season as we wanted the option to move back to the Ricoh if a deal was struck mid season.

But to meet EFL rules on ground share we have to have 3 years in place unless we return to Coventry at an approved ground

Liquid Gold

But to meet EFL rules on ground share we have to have 3 years in place unless we return to Coventry at an approved ground
Can still have a 3 year that we only pay on a game by game basis and can terminate if we find another suitable location.

Grendel

Can still have a 3 year that we only pay on a game by game basis and can terminate if we find another suitable location.

Then the minute we play somewhere else without FL approval we renege the agreement

Liquid Gold

Then the minute we play somewhere else without FL approval we renege the agreement
Not if the agreement with 3 years at Brum remains in place, we just get one of the FL famous special dispensations. It isn't beyond the ability of man to sort out a temporary adjustment.

Grendel

Not if the agreement with 3 years at Brum remains in place, we just get one of the FL famous special dispensations. It isn't beyond the ability of man to sort out a temporary adjustment.

It will need 70% of clubs in the EFL to approve - why take that chance now?

Grendel

The EFL are flexible with their rules at the best of times. Given what is happening at the moment any reasonable request that helps gets games played when needed is likely to be approved.

What argument would you put forward that we can’t play at St Andrews

chiefdave

Wasn't particularly putting forward an argument for or against playing at St Andrews but the idea that the EFL won't be flexible with their rules for BCDs games given their history is laughable.

I see no reason not to continue at St Andrews assuming they are reasonable and aren't charging us as if it is a regular game but from what I've heard they are far more reasonable than Wasps and only charge us for what we use so that shouldn't be a problem. Potentially could be an issue with using the pitch so much if they try and resume this season and condense it into a short period of time.

Personally would be very wary of returning to the Ricoh, especially if it was a short term deal. See no reason to prop up Wasps. If we aren't allowed in there is no benefit to us so why help Wasps while risking having to play on an inferior pitch.

If there is an issue at St Andrews, and the EFL allow it, I'd have no problem with BCD games taking place at Ryton. Think the lack of facilities is a bit of a red herring and easily solved. Potentially the biggest issue would be how good the connectivity is there.

IMO if we're talking about finishing this season rather than what we'll do next season it would be worth looking into staging multiple games at places like St Geoeges Park or Sport City. Where you could stage multiple games in a day and have training facilities onsite.

kg82

Probably finances, for one. I don’t think they’d move us anywhere (if we did go back to playing), but saving on costs, at this time, is probably a valid point.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I honestly do not think any football will be played for this season.

But if it did and was behind closed doors. Then it should be at SA for the simple reasons that we have paid Blues the money already and the players are used to the pitch.

Again, I still think the season will not be completed and when that is announced then hopefully all parties can sort out a return to The Ricoh.

For me it would depend on if we have to pay additional match costs on top of rent. If we do we may as well use the training ground to avoid them. Not like our league uses all the technology available in the bigger stadiums.

Grendel

Probably finances, for one. I don’t think they’d move us anywhere (if we did go back to playing), but saving on costs, at this time, is probably a valid point.

Which would mean we have a competitive advantage versus say Peterborough who rent so I guess they can also play on a local park?

kg82

Which would mean we have a competitive advantage versus say Peterborough who rent so I guess they can also play on a local park?

I just put forward a point, saying I don’t think we’d do it! Do you live to argue?! Anyway, a competitive edge! Is that not the whole point of football?!

Kneeza

What pitch does the BPA have down currently? If it’s still grass we could always see the season out there if its behind closed doors and support Coventry’s rugby club financially at the same time. Same next season if it’s still behind closed doors. Plenty of scope for press and tv cameras so why not.
3G. Has been since last summer.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They need to keep up. The rest of coventry is on 4G and most major Cities are rolling out 5G by the end of this year.

Any ground with a 5G pitch unsuitable for FL requirements as it believed in some quarters it increases the likelihood of transmission of coronavirus. Some fans are burning the 5G pitches as a precaution.

Kneeza

Ha. Marketing labelling crap. No such thing as 4G or 5G. The pitch at the BPA is to the highest current standard, whatever people label it.
The terms or even existence of 4G, 5G, or any other are not yet recognised by any governing body.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Ha. Marketing labelling crap. No such thing as 4G or 5G. The pitch at the BPA is to the highest current standard, whatever people label it.
The terms or even existence of 4G, 5G, or any other are not yet recognised by any governing body.

It was a joke.

RegTheDonk

The EFL have said plenty of times the plan is to finish the season. We have paid for the season at St Andrews so might as well finish there. The Ricoh pitch will be fine as it's not been played on in months but we have done well in Brum so finish off there and then get back to Coventry for the Championship season.
I wouldn't trust the Ricoh groundstaff under the supervision of Mr Eastwood to do a decent job on the pitch. I think they're more used to laying carpets anyway.

pastythegreat

I wouldn't trust the Ricoh groundstaff under the supervision of Mr Eastwood to do a decent job on the pitch. I think they're more used to laying carpets anyway.
I've seen exhibition carpets at the NEC for crufts laid better than that turf at the ricoh.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I've seen exhibition carpets at the NEC for crufts laid better than that turf at the ricoh.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yeah it's dog rough .

giphy.gif

wingy

A shame .
Could have worked on so many levels.

mrtrench

Could be difficult with no income stream and contract's running down?

Of course... but if there's no vaccine and no herd immunity it may be the only option. Unless we change tack and just allow it to flow through the population.

Users who are viewing this thread