St Andrews/ The Ricoh (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

With it looking likely that we’re going to be behind closed doors for sometime - isn’t it better for us to stay at St Andrews whilst this blows over?

No point in handing rent to the insects if we’re not gaining ticket money from it

pusbccfc

Better playing at Ryton.

ccfctommy

I honestly do not think any football will be played for this season.

But if it did and was behind closed doors. Then it should be at SA for the simple reasons that we have paid Blues the money already and the players are used to the pitch.

Again, I still think the season will not be completed and when that is announced then hopefully all parties can sort out a return to The Ricoh.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It will never be better for us to play outside of cov wtf? Ricoh return at the earliest opportunity hopefully owning it soon once wasps go bust
I get this, but ultimately if it’s behind closed doors does it really matter?

surely we’re better off keeping away until fans are allowed back?

pastythegreat

It will never be better for us to play outside of cov wtf? Ricoh return at the earliest opportunity hopefully owning it soon once wasps go bust
So, IF we start again and its behind closed doors and we propose to play matches at Ryton, youd be against that also? Such a stupid post, no fans will be attending in the very slim chance the season restarts so what does it matter where it is? Preferably on the best playing surface which clearly wont be the Ricoh!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueDom26

So, IF we start again and its behind closed doors and we propose to play matches at Ryton, youd be against that also? Such a stupid post, no fans will be attending in the very slim chance the season restarts so what does it matter where it is? Preferably on the best playing surface which clearly wont be the Ricoh!

Oh yes such a stupid post wanting us back playing at the Ricoh, think us being back in cov doesn’t class as a stupid post.... if we win the case they will go bust anyway what does it matter

pastythegreat

Oh yes such a stupid post wanting us back playing at the Ricoh, think us being back in cov doesn’t class as a stupid post
Back at the Ricoh to play to nobody? What's the massive rush? Would you be happy for the remaining games to be played at Ryton?

Last edited:

Ring Of Steel

If there are 0 fans, what’s the point in paying rent at the Ricoh to Wasps?

Simple ecoDomics- he means we should hand Wasps cash for nothing, so we can play on a shit pitch and move away from the pitch & stadium where we’ve been almost unbeatable, in order to play on a pitch where lots of the team have never played before.

I see Dom is deleting posts again

SkyBlueDom26

Simple ecoDomics- he means we should hand Wasps cash for nothing, so we can play on a shit pitch and move away from the pitch & stadium where we’ve been almost unbeatable, in order to play on a pitch where lots of the team have never played before.

I see Dom is deleting posts again

Don’t give a fuck where we finish as long as we go up, Ive liked going to watch us at brum this season but obviously the choice would be to go back to the Ricoh and hope we’d be able to watch the games at some point next season

Last edited:

pastythegreat

Don’t give a fuck where we finish as long as we go up
Dont give a fuck what happens to the club, as long as were at the ricoh, you mean?

Genuine question, OF behind closed doors games are sanctioned, would you be happy to finish this season at Ryton?

ccfctommy

Games will not be played at Ryton. First of all there is no TV gantry. Secondly, where will the reporters be sat?

skyblue025

The EFL have said plenty of times the plan is to finish the season. We have paid for the season at St Andrews so might as well finish there. The Ricoh pitch will be fine as it's not been played on in months but we have done well in Brum so finish off there and then get back to Coventry for the Championship season.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes training grounds aren’t going to happen in the lower leagues. It may viable at Premier League level where most clubs will have a training ground fit to host matches

This is where Accrington train for contrast

ACFD7BD3-1F15-40F9-9164-71987A734B7E.jpeg

Last edited:

Magwitch

Should Wasps go bust as you say doesn’t mean we or should I say sisu will end up owning the Ricoh I reckon that would be flogged off to a third party long before the rugby club was affected.
As for playing behind closed doors I imagine that could bring a few venue options in the nearby Coventry area, apart from the Ricoh arena there’s Nuneaton, Rugby , Solihull Borough for example aswell as Ryton, Warwick Uni. even the Alan Higgs centre with a bit of work for gantries etc.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The EFL have said plenty of times the plan is to finish the season. We have paid for the season at St Andrews so might as well finish there. The Ricoh pitch will be fine as it's not been played on in months but we have done well in Brum so finish off there and then get back to Coventry for the Championship season.
I’m talking next season aswell. If the fans aren’t allowed back until 2021, why rush to be back in Coventry for August?

Grendel

Should Wasps go bust as you say doesn’t mean we or should I say sisu will end up owning the Ricoh I reckon that would be flogged off to a third party long before the rugby club was affected.
As for playing behind closed doors I imagine that could bring a few venue options in the nearby Coventry area, apart from the Ricoh arena there’s Nuneaton, Rugby , Solihull Borough for example aswell as Ryton, Warwick Uni. even the Alan Higgs centre with a bit of work for gantries etc.

Wasps are hardly going to able to sell as they have a bond prospectus that builds value against the stadium - a value that’s never going to be realised by a sale

We will need to meet EFL requirements for a ground regardless of the situation regarding customers so Solihull possibly but the others not a chance

covboy1987

With it looking likely that we’re going to be behind closed doors for sometime - isn’t it better for us to stay at St Andrews whilst this blows over?

No point in handing rent to the insects if we’re not gaining ticket money from it
Do not think that league 1 & 2 will be given opportunity anytime soon to play behind closed doors as the costs, financial implications & risks associated with setting this up look like a
non - starter - If anything our club may feel that if they had to play behind closed doors they have perfectly good facilities at Ryton fof this purpose

Grendel

Do not think that league 1 & 2 will be given opportunity anytime soon to play behind closed doors as the costs, financial implications & risks associated with setting this up look like a
non - starter - If anything our club may feel that if they had to play behind closed doors they have perfectly good facilities at Ryton fof this purpose

We couldn’t play at Ryton

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Ryton doesn’t have the media facilities

mrtrench

I honestly do not think any football will be played for this season.

I'm starting to think that there may not be any football this year! Possibly another option on the table is to cancel next season, and use any time we can snatch before May 2021 to complete this season.

Sbarcher

Isn't the idea to play well away from your local area in designated stadiums to deter any fans from even travelling to the grounds?

wingy

I'm starting to think that there may not be any football this year! Possibly another option on the table is to cancel next season, and use any time we can snatch before May 2021 to complete this season.
Could be difficult with no income stream and contract's running down?

Grendel

I don’t really get this discussion as we have to pay to rent a league approved sradiukn- why would we then play on an inferior pitch even if allowed

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just knock those flats and houses down and have a return to Highfield Road! :emoji_soccer: :emoji_volleyball: :emoji_trophy: :emoji_elephant: :emoji_beers: :emoji_grin:

skybluetony176

Depends on the rent. No point handing over money we haven’t got for the sake of it.

Users who are viewing this thread