Lm ???
Lm???
St mcsheff
St mcdonald
St platt
St ???

Last edited:
Improving..!

In all fairness, I don't know enough about League 1 to comment. I do know enough about Coventry City to not make assumptions that we should bounce straight back up on the virtue of being one of the relegated teams. Despite that deep rooted pessimism, I am hugely looking forward to the new season. Teams I have never seen us play, grounds I have not been to, the potential for a more favourable points tally and goal difference than I have seen in a while... plus, that age old highlight, getting out of IKEA or some such malarky on a Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:

ccfcway

not 100% sure, but something about accounts, SISU, and a fisherman or something

Dont think its even been mentioned on here to be honest

SkyBlue_Bear83

in my opinion... opinions? fill out the ??? with possible signings

GK Murphy
Rb clarke
Rb christie
Lb hussey
Lb ????
Cb mcpake
Cb willis
Cb cameron
Cb wood
Cm gael
Cm thomas
Cm ???
Cm deegan
Rm baker
Rm bell
Lm ???
Lm???
St mcsheff
St mcdonald
St platt
St ???
Unless those ??? are to be filled by the likes of Lionel Messi that squad will not make the top half imo

Is that not just the pessimism drummed into a CCFC fan talking? Do you actually know much about the quality of the League? I didn't even use to watch the highlights on the Football League show after the Championship; I can't say with any authority that - player for player - we are more likely to finish 16th than 6th.

wingy

I think you're all being conservative on who and how many out,anything of value will go,inc kids,they don't have funds to cover the losses, at best they need to recoup around £2m.

coop

Most of that squad played this year so unless they grow some balls quickly we will be in the shit early on.We need to score goals to win games and I carnt see any of them scoring more than 20 on there own let alone having a few players with 20+ goals to get us out of this league.IMO

CTID

Most of that squad played this year so unless they grow some balls quickly we will be in the shit early on.We need to score goals to win games and I carnt see any of them scoring more than 20 on there own let alone having a few players with 20+ goals to get us out of this league.IMO

Can see your point, top bunch of teams were scoring around 90 goals last year...just dont see where that is going to come from in that squad. Cody may bag 10ish, Sheffers 10ish, but where are the other 70 coming from?

Marty

I feel it's time to say, this club will achieve nothing while it continues to employ the likes of Baker, Bell, McPake & Deegan. Don't worry everyone, it's not like some of them were given 3 year contract extensions.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's fun playing Football Manager. I used to say that the only consolation of relegation was I'll enjoy steaming L1 in that and other games. I look forwards now to see how realistic it is in terms of making CCFC hard enough to manage: usually you can sign players we can never afford, but they'll have to somehow set game conditions of "sell everyone, spend nothing on replacements, sign only youth players"!

Seriously, has there ever been such a badly mis-managed football club?

skybluegod

GK Murphy
Rb clarke
Rb christie
Lb hussey
Lb ????
Cb mcpake
Cb willis
Cb cameron
Cb wood
Cm gael
Cm thomas
Cm ???
Cm deegan
cm????
Rm baker
Rm bell
Lm ???
Lm mcsheff
St ????
St mcdonald
St platt
St ???
st?????

Nonleagueherewecome

I feel it's time to say, this club will achieve nothing while it continues to employ the likes of Baker, Bell, McPake & Deegan. Don't worry everyone, it's not like some of them were given 3 year contract extensions.

Don't worry, Marty, it'll be 100% youth team players who aren't ready by this time next year. They'll do better than Baker and co, right? :facepalm:

Marty

Don't worry, Marty, it'll be 100% youth team players who aren't ready by this time next year. They'll do better than Baker and co, right? :facepalm:

Baker is so fantastic isn't he?? this club need major reform, top to bottom, we need to clear out the dead wood.

Nonleagueherewecome

Baker is so fantastic isn't he?? this club need major reform, top to bottom, we need to clear out the dead wood.

No, but he's a proven L1 performer. I can see exactly why he flourished at our level but not Championship-as I can with people like Cody.

Marty

So what if hes a proven league one player, if he spends more time on the treatment table then whats the point in him being here? I'd rather not put faith in another injury prone player.

Nonleagueherewecome

Maybe it's us that makes them injury prone? We do everything on the cheap, remember. A proper fitness and conditioning coach could maybe cut our injuries by, oh I dunno, 15-25%? I think Baker deserves a chance: we can't afford anyone better, or indeed ANYONE! He had probably his best game for the club before injury, and was our only threat going forwards against Southampton despite being miles off match fitness. He can beat players for fun at L1 level, and he knows it full well, and as he is clearly a confidence player, this is his season to shine.

Getting on players backs, or criticising them, isn't going to help us. We may as well get on with backing what we have, as it's all we are going to get! Don't lets act like we did last season, booing the guy of the park. How would you get on at work if you were constantly heckled and called an overpaid waste of space?

Marty

Maybe it's us that makes them injury prone? We do everything on the cheap, remember. A proper fitness and conditioning coach could maybe cut our injuries by, oh I dunno, 15-25%? I think Baker deserves a chance: we can't afford anyone better, or indeed ANYONE! He had probably his best game for the club before injury, and was our only threat going forwards against Southampton despite being miles off match fitness. He can beat players for fun at L1 level, and he knows it full well, and as he is clearly a confidence player, this is his season to shine.

Getting on players backs, or criticising them, isn't going to help us. We may as well get on with backing what we have, as it's all we are going to get! Don't lets act like we did last season, booing the guy of the park. How would you get on at work if you were constantly heckled and called an overpaid waste of space?

The guy is a professional, he was 24-25 when we signed him, you'd of thought that a professional athlete would have enough knowledge on how to condition himself by that age. The players could even club together and hire a coach if they were that bothered.

Why does Baker deserve yet another chance to prove himself? so what if we can't afford anyone better? I'd rather see the money wasn't spent, It's not a Labour government here, where every penny needs to be pissed up the wall.

I assume you were referring to the Derby game? where he was distinctly average, that performance seems to get better everytime that game is talked about.

I have never got on a players back at the stadium, If I was called an overpaid waste of space, would I care, of course not, If you really care what a random person says to you, then you really need to take a serious look at yourself.

Edit: I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Ah, so you're a growth-destroying, Cameron-loving, "All in it together but that's fine 'cos I'm loaded" Austerity Tory, then? I'm out of here before I say something insulting!

Marty

Ah, so you're a growth-destroying, Cameron-loving, "All in it together but that's fine 'cos I'm loaded" Austerity Tory, then? I'm out of here before I say something insulting!

I'm not a Tory lover but i'm not some looney leftie, where everything is perfect and everyone is equal. Austerity measures needed to be taken, there was no way that the current level of spending was sustainable, I even believe Labour have said the same, they sold all our futures away with their crazy policies & illegal wars which have cost the tax payers billions.

Otis

GK Murphy
Rb clarke
Rb christie
Lb hussey
Lb ????
Cb mcpake
Cb willis
Cb cameron
Cb wood
Cm gael
Cm thomas
Cm ???
Cm deegan
cm????
Rm baker
Rm bell
Lm ???
Lm mcsheff
St ????
St mcdonald
St platt
St ???
st?????

You have 7 gaps there. That perfectly fits in with my own and a few others' conclusions that we need between 6-8 players to make a fist of it in this division.

SkyBlue_Bear83

GK Murphy
GK Dunn
RB Clarke
RB Christie
CB Keogh
CB Mcpake
CB Cameron
CB Wood
CB ??
LB Hussey
LB ??
RM Baker
RM ??
LM Mcsheff
LM ??
CM Deegan
CM Gael
CM Thomas
CM ??
CM ??
CM ??
ST Mcdonanld
ST ??
ST ??
ST ??

Need 10 signings imo, maybe 1 or two less if we can find some consistent players who can play multiple positions. Also depending on what form we plan on playing you can minus one winger or CM of the list

Otis

No way on god's earth are we going to get 10 players.

Nor for that matter, 8, or even 6.

I reckon if we do get any it will be 2 with possibly another 2 or 3 loan players.

Ain't going to be anywhere near enough.

SkyBlue_Bear83

No way on god's earth are we going to get 10 players.

Nor for that matter, 8, or even 6.

I reckon if we do get any it will be 2 with possibly another 2 or 3 loan players.

Ain't going to be anywhere near enough.
I know just saying if the club wanted to get promoted that is the sort of squad size I would be looking at.

Otis

I am looking at numbers just be to be competitive rather than a promotion campaign.

To be challenging, I agree, 10 players if not more.

Users who are viewing this thread