Spoke to Carl Baker today and ... (1 Viewer)

MattyMc

Usual negativity, eating away at confidence, bringing everybody down like a cancer eating away at our club. They haven't kicked a ball and already this bullshit!

You bringing cancer into it is negativity; grow up. He has done little for Coventry and showed nothing last season. Moving on a player like Baker would be good for the club, just as we have done with others

ccfcway

mad this

I read

1) Hussey staying
2) Wood staying
3) Jenings is signing
4) Polo looks good

that makes me smile !

No need for anything negative

Usual negativity, eating away at confidence, bringing everybody down like a cancer eating away at our club. They haven't kicked a ball and already this bullshit!

Yep, just what i was thinking, bit sad really, why do such posters bother, are they really City supporters or just the type that find every opportunity to have a swipe at my beloved club, while hoping the club fail to fuel there sad lives. And then if low and behold we succeed they come out of the woodwork and become City's greatest supporters.

hamil99

Facebook User

And some fans wonder why the team never seems to play with confidence. Telling players they are shit all the time is really going to help their confidence come match day. Sadly some fans are just miserable plebs.

Grendel

Baker has been paid a lot of money buy the club since signing. He has played 80 games. How many have been good - 5 or 6? Valiant's comment is not subtle but in a crude way is correct.

sylus

and you all believe it...yeah it might be true....but it might be bullsh#t to.. yeah i had a round of golf with baker today and he told me this,this this and this..but thanks for the info anyway..

Grendel

My first post was a long tirade about Andy Thorn - I am much more mature now.

and you all believe it...yeah it might be true....but it might be bullsh#t to.. yeah i had a round of golf with baker today and he told me this,this this and this..but thanks for the info anyway..
No bullshit from me Sylus, you'll get to now that, but youve already mis quoted me. I didnt have a round of golf with Baker, i dont play golf. Just saw him at the British Par 3 championships and thought i'd do you a favour and stop the speculation.

Nonleagueherewecome

On the flip he was also part of a midfield/team that picked up just 14 points from 23 games, conceding 47 and only scoring 21 goals. Yes he scored the majority of them, taking pens and free kicks, but also has to take some of the responsibility for the poor stats.

He was head and shoulders above everyone else in the side, despite his brother dying from leukaemia during that time. He is an absolute legend at that club. And many is the time I've quoted the Stockport fan I heard on Radio 5 saying "there was nothing Carl Baker couldn't do with a football, and he didn't score ordinary goals, they were all absolute screamers". (obviously not including the pens in that!).

He's a player who wears his heart on his sleeve, which means he shows his frustration when he makes a mistake. We usually respond by booing him, and then he has a bad game..

I wonder why he did better at Stockport than here? He's in the same division now in a better team than that he starred for. Hopefully he is more settled now, fit (which he wasn't for most of last season), can feel a little love off our fans for a change-and have a storming season. Don't we all want that?

MattyMc

Without boring this to death. My gripe with Baker was that he would always try to do something complicated and when it didnt work he looked at others as if to blame them. When the ball was lost he wouldnt break sweat to win it back. Obviously i want him and the team to do well, but i feel he needs to win the faith back from fans and deserved some of the stick he got.

But, new season, new start.

Samo

I really have no time for those fans who get on players backs all the time. Who does it help? Really? Just stay away please. Take your negativity home with you and stick it up your sad sorry asses! Please, if you wouldn't mind! :)

sylus

No bullshit from me Sylus, you'll get to now that, but youve already mis quoted me. I didnt have a round of golf with Baker, i dont play golf. Just saw him at the British Par 3 championships and thought i'd do you a favour and stop the speculation.

please accept my apologise,and i do hope you are right. oh and welcome

Nonleagueherewecome

I really have no time for those fans who get on players backs all the time. Who does it help? Really? Just stay away please. Take your negativity home with you and stick it up your sad sorry asses! Please, if you wouldn't mind! :)

But then Ian wouldn't be able to phone up CWR every single week to say "well...what do you think?" before slagging off David Bell!

MattyMc

No right to free speech anymore, brilliant

Your welcome Steve; but once u read the amount "i spoke to x" on here you'd understand

stupot07

He was head and shoulders above everyone else in the side, despite his brother dying from leukaemia during that time. He is an absolute legend at that club. And many is the time I've quoted the Stockport fan I heard on Radio 5 saying "there was nothing Carl Baker couldn't do with a football, and he didn't score ordinary goals, they were all absolute screamers". (obviously not including the pens in that!).

He's a player who wears his heart on his sleeve, which means he shows his frustration when he makes a mistake. We usually respond by booing him, and then he has a bad game..

I wonder why he did better at Stockport than here? He's in the same division now in a better team than that he starred for. Hopefully he is more settled now, fit (which he wasn't for most of last season), can feel a little love off our fans for a change-and have a storming season. Don't we all want that?

Of course we do, but my point is he's played CM for them (it think?) so also had a responsibility to the defensive side of the game. They are bound to love him he scored the majority of their 21 goals. Not like our fans that couldn't wait to slate Juke when he left.

The problem is we can't play him, sheff and fleck in the same side at the same time all in the central midfield position - they can't all take penalties and free kicks . if baker plays wide or in the more conventions cm position either side of the diamond then he won't get forward as much as he did for Stockport. Its not as easy as saying "well he scored x at Stockport in league one so he will bang them in for us" I imagine stockports side was built around him, similar to how ours was with Juke - that won't happen here, like Middlesborough for Juke.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nah, he played in the hole in a 4-4-1-1 behind the striker. Asking him to defend is like asking Sheff to track back-disastrous. AMRC is probably his best role for us, either in a 433 or the 4-1-2-1-2. I think we'll generally pick 2 from Fleck, Sheff and Baker unless one of them is up front (ideally Sheff IMO).

We need a more attacking side out anyway, and should be able to get away with it in this division. Not that I'm writing the standard off.

Grendel

I would assume this season we will play a more conventional formation with width. Even thorn cannot be so stupid to persist in his failed formation.

If he plays baker will be wide right but I assume fleck will be in pole position at Yeovil.

Nonleagueherewecome

Fleck has to be in a free role in the hole rather than wide-right, surely? Getting shunted out wide was a major reason his career stagnated at Rangers ("Who are they? Exactly!" Baker could say..)

stupot07

If we play 442 with baker and sheff on either winger may as well stay at home, paceless and lightweight

Samo

Oooh, found a fellow Doom merchant have we? Perhaps you should hook up and bore each other to death. :eek:

BurbageSkyBlues

Don't understand the negativity and childish animosity of some of our 'supporters' on here. We won't progress as a club or team until we all act as a unit, on and off the pitch.

I suspect that there are a lot of our fans who have walked away because of the mindset of those voiciferous few who are quick to criticise the players, regardless of other factors.

LAST

ccfc92

Yep, just what i was thinking, bit sad really, why do such posters bother, are they really City supporters or just the type that find every opportunity to have a swipe at my beloved club, while hoping the club fail to fuel there sad lives. And then if low and behold we succeed they come out of the woodwork and become City's greatest supporters.

Dont worry STB, the true fans are there supporting the team. The people who bring other fans and the club down from afar, just ignore them. PUSB :D

Samo

I'll own up to a little childish animosity, but it's because I find the negativity so hard to stomach. To the likes of Matty, no offence intended, just cheer up ffs! You never know, we might have a great season but if not, there will be plenty of time to express your displeasure! :D

Users who are viewing this thread