SP guest speaker at trust meeting tonight. (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Any proof it was because of the boycott, or because of the Wasps deal? ;)

Just a shame so many are still carrying on with the boycott isn't it?

It is a shame that some are still carrying on with the boycott l agree with you again and it's another example of how fan's are not always right.

Are you saying that the club could have survived another season at Suxfields with ever decreasing numbers and revenue? You may well be right that wasps buying into ACL could have been a factor but we'll never know for sure. Regardless there is no dismissing that the boycott successfully played it's part. Even the FL acknowledged this. It's a shame that some of our fans can't. Yet another example of how fans don't always know best.

Nick

Administrator
It is a shame that some are still carrying on with the boycott l agree with you again and it's another example of how fan's are not always right.

Are you saying that the club could have survived another season at Suxfields with ever decreasing numbers and revenue? You may well be right that wasps buying into ACL could have been a factor but we'll never know for sure. Regardless there is no dismissing that the boycott successfully played it's part. Even the FL acknowledged this. It's a shame that some of our fans can't. Yet another example of how fans don't always know best.

I don't doubt the Boycott would have been on their mind, but then again it would have been after about the first 3 games at Sixfields when they saw how crap the turnout was.

I don't think many have actually mentioned that they could have got wind of Wasps so came crawling back in a bit of panic, bit of a coincidence? Too busy acting like heroes for getting the club back ;) or getting wet over going to a wasps game.

It was a very good meeting, well done to the Trust for arranging. About 100 people, lots of challenging questions across a broad range of subjects, both on- and off-field issues. Basically a forensic examination of all areas of the club including: goal-keeping situation, defensive frailties, attacking options, leadership, scouting system, lack of investment by Sisu, Wasps & the Ricoh etc. etc.

What impressed people most (those I spoke with anyway) is that Pressley & McFarlane don't duck the questions and Steven in particular has an obvious passion for the club and wanting to build success for the future. Answers appeared honest, realistic and intelligent, even if not everybody agrees with the response.

I think most present really want Pressley to succeed, not just because we love our club, but because we really like the guy and believe in his passion. Many think that he will deliver but recognise that this is a long term project in difficult circumstances, patience will be required. Personally I came away happy with what I heard - but performance on the pitch is the only real answer and above all I want to see commitment and consistency from the players to believe that we are on the right track.

As a bonus, Dean Nelson from the Former Players' Association brought along the FA Cup!

CJ_covblaze

No tweets from CJ tonight.....perhaps this is a top secret meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sorry guys I couldn't make it. Had blood sugars of 0.9. Seen plenty of positive feedback though.

Skyblueweeman

It was a very good meeting, well done to the Trust for arranging. About 100 people, lots of challenging questions across a broad range of subjects, both on- and off-field issues. Basically a forensic examination of all areas of the club including: goal-keeping situation, defensive frailties, attacking options, leadership, scouting system, lack of investment by Sisu, Wasps & the Ricoh etc. etc.

What impressed people most (those I spoke with anyway) is that Pressley & McFarlane don't duck the questions and Steven in particular has an obvious passion for the club and wanting to build success for the future. Answers appeared honest, realistic and intelligent, even if not everybody agrees with the response.

I think most present really want Pressley to succeed, not just because we love our club, but because we really like the guy and believe in his passion. Many think that he will deliver but recognise that this is a long term project in difficult circumstances, patience will be required. Personally I came away happy with what I heard - but performance on the pitch is the only real answer and above all I want to see commitment and consistency from the players to believe that we are on the right track.

As a bonus, Dean Nelson from the Former Players' Association brought along the FA Cup!

Good post Lamtarra. Were there any specifics you could share on the following subjects:

* The goalkeeper situation?

* Any other players likely to come in such as defenders, centre midfielders?

* What was his thoughts on the Wasps situation?

* Did he give any indication on CCFC getting the other 50%?

Thanks,

WM

rupert_bear

Any proof it was because of the boycott, or because of the Wasps deal? ;)

Just a shame so many are still carrying on with the boycott isn't it?
Cannot understand anyone boycotting because of the Wasp deal, what has that to do with the football team or club ?

Nick

Administrator
Cannot understand anyone boycotting because of the Wasp deal, what has that to do with the football team or club ?
Probably got as much to do with it as your reply has to do with my post

I didn't mean boycotting because of wasps.

letsallsingtogether

academy and how he is trying to change the mentality most clubs believe it is taking part that counts and not the result he said he has told them it is all about winning. Also said he only wanted players he felt would make the grade and not just make up the numbers like most other clubs.

Was also critical that the team had no steel said that natural leaders are now becoming hard to find and that all clubs are finding it harder.

Said they were working hard to toughen up the team that is one reason Rada came in to stabilise the back 4.

Also talked about formation and that they brought in players t play 442 which is his preferred formation, but how 352 had done them well at the beginning of the season while Reda was in the team.

Strikers he had 6 strikers on his list in the close season but none wanted to play at sixfields, said that coming back this season was a must or we would have been in further trouble next season.

He was very passionate about what he wanted to do.
Asked if he feared for his job he said that if he had been given millions and failed then fair enough, but as what he is doing is more long term gain then he would hope that he is given the chance I for one agree with that.

stupot07

Sorry guys I couldn't make it. Had blood sugars of 0.9. Seen plenty of positive feedback though.

Sorry to hear that CJ, hope your feeling better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

letsallsingtogether

* The goalkeeper situation? Believes that the 2 we have are good professionals and will come good also they did look at bringing back Kirkland but wages to high.

* Any other players likely to come in such as defenders, centre midfielders? Still looking but believes that January sales no one wants to sell there good players

* What was his thoughts on the Wasps situation? Didn't really go into to much detail on this but did expect the pitch to take a battering due to all other games being played there

* Did he give any indication on CCFC getting the other 50%? No said that he has been told they are talking

CJ_covblaze

Sorry to hear that CJ, hope your feeling better now.

I'm fine now thanks. Nothing a few bags of Harribo can't fix :D

Skyblueweeman

Thanks LAST.

I'm a fan of SP...always have been. The poor run was poor but it was after a good run of no defeats in something like 7 games. As others have pointed out, he's no doubt passionate about succeeding here and if he does that to further his own career, I have no issues with that as we'll be in a better position.

My only nagging concern is comments like other clubs are finding it hard to recruit natural leaders etc but I'm sure we're not the only club with just one natural leader...that must mean that other clubs if not home produced, have signed these such players.

I agree his track record in the transfer market isn't great but am hoping that it's mainly to do with no one wanting to play for us whilst at Sixfields. I think the next 6 months could a key in SPs career. Now we're back at the Ricoh, does this mean better players?

I really hope SP succeeds...a lot of work to do but better than some managers in our recent history.

WM

letsallsingtogether

Thanks LAST.

I'm a fan of SP...always have been. The poor run was poor but it was after a good run of no defeats in something like 7 games. As others have pointed out, he's no doubt passionate about succeeding here and if he does that to further his own career, I have no issues with that as we'll be in a better position.

My only nagging concern is comments like other clubs are finding it hard to recruit natural leaders etc but I'm sure we're not the only club with just one natural leader...that must mean that other clubs if not home produced, have signed these such players.

I agree his track record in the transfer market isn't great but am hoping that it's mainly to do with no one wanting to play for us whilst at Sixfields. I think the next 6 months could a key in SPs career. Now we're back at the Ricoh, does this mean better players?

I really hope SP succeeds...a lot of work to do but better than some managers in our recent history.

WM

What he actually said is that the old fashioned players are now becoming less. where they would have a go at the player who messed up this is not part of most academies as everything is done for them and they are not expected to make any dictions themselves.
He doesn't agree with this so has been trying to change the mentality of the players also said that some of ours are getting better but that it does come with experience and age.

Also said that he would prefer the old Reserve league but due to having to honour games at u18 and u21 to qualify for academy status this is not possible.
said that playing with the older players helps their progress into the first time.

skybluetony176

academy and how he is trying to change the mentality most clubs believe it is taking part that counts and not the result he said he has told them it is all about winning. Also said he only wanted players he felt would make the grade and not just make up the numbers like most other clubs.

Was also critical that the team had no steel said that natural leaders are now becoming hard to find and that all clubs are finding it harder.

Said they were working hard to toughen up the team that is one reason Rada came in to stabilise the back 4.

Also talked about formation and that they brought in players t play 442 which is his preferred formation, but how 352 had done them well at the beginning of the season while Reda was in the team.

Strikers he had 6 strikers on his list in the close season but none wanted to play at sixfields, said that coming back this season was a must or we would have been in further trouble next season.

Asked if he feared for his job he said that if he had been given millions and failed then fair enough, but as what he is doing is more long term gain then he would hope that he is given the chance I for one agree with that.

The comment about Suxfields hindering signings is an interesting point and to touches upon something myself and Nick were discussing earlier in this thread shows how short sighted boycotting the Ricoh while SISU are still here is.

Playing in a stadium thats around a 3rd full can't be too attractive either. The Suxfields boycott served a purpose, a boycott of the Ricoh serves nothing IMO.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

And this is where the FL came in, a year late mind you.

torchomatic

Apart from the pathetic "suxfields" I tend to agree. Boycotting the Ricoh achieves nothing. Bleating about "the entertainment is rubbish" achieves nothing. Not turning up and "supporting the lads" will only help to push the club out of the Ricoh again.

The comment about Suxfields hindering signings is an interesting point and to touches upon something myself and Nick were discussing earlier in this thread shows how short sighted boycotting the Ricoh while SISU are still here is.

Playing in a stadium thats around a 3rd full can't be too attractive either. The Suxfields boycott served a purpose, a boycott of the Ricoh serves nothing IMO.

letsallsingtogether

Apart from the pathetic "suxfields" I tend to agree. Boycotting the Ricoh achieves nothing. Bleating about "the entertainment is rubbish" achieves nothing. Not turning up and "supporting the lads" will only help to push the club out of the Ricoh again.

SP was asked the question last night. "who is to blame for the low attendances"?

Answered, Firstly Me need to make the entertainment/win factor better, also the admission prices in this league full stop said he remembers when he was managing in Scotland and they expected people to pay £18-£19 and how that is unaffordable for most fans.
Also said if they can pay a lot less in the German and Spanish leagues then it can also be done here unfortunately it is pushed up due to everyone trying to compete with the top six.

skybluetony176

Sorry Touchy but Sixfields sucked. So Suxfields is appt not pathetic.

torchomatic

What we need is players to suddenly take massive wage cuts. That would work. However they won't. They also won't slash ticket prices. Low attendances mean we can only pay lower wages, etc etc.

SP was asked the question last night. "who is to blame for the low attendances"?

Answered, Firstly Me need to make the entertainment/win factor better, also the admission prices in this league full stop said he remembers when he was managing in Scotland and they expected people to pay £18-£19 and how that is unaffordable for most fans.
Also said if they can pay a lot less in the German and Spanish leagues then it can also be done here unfortunately it is pushed up due to everyone trying to compete with the top six.

torchomatic

Well, it did suck, but it's still pathetic. And 7000 in a 32K stadium sucks too. I wonder if the cheap tickets will bring the fans flooding back on Sunday? A nice full Ricoh would lift the spirits.

Sorry Touchy but Sixfields sucked. So Suxfields is appt not pathetic.

letsallsingtogether

Well, it did suck, but it's still pathetic. And 7000 in a 32K stadium sucks too. I wonder if the cheap tickets will bring the fans flooding back on Sunday? A nice full Ricoh would lift the spirits.

Don't be so touchy even SP said that when then came out against Swansea on the tele, and the stand opposite missing that it was a embarrassing time for Coventry City so to say it sucks is apt.
Nothing to do with the size of the crowd more to do with the ground itself.

Brighton Sky Blue

Reading what was said you can't really say fairer than that. He has the passion which any of us do but just as important is what the thinking is behind the academy set-up, formations, signings etc. Although it makes no sense why he said we played 3-5-2 because it worked with Johnson in the side then we played it when he wasn't and it was a disaster but nothing changed.

skybluebeduff

If we all turned up, week in week out, do people think SISU would try harder with the team? Would they use that extra income squad building?
The past has proven that they wouldn't.

Surely the owners should have come to realize by now, that the door has to swing both ways?!

skybluefred

* The goalkeeper situation? Believes that the 2 we have are good professionals and will come good also they did look at bringing back Kirkland but wages to high.

* Any other players likely to come in such as defenders, centre midfielders? Still looking but believes that January sales no one wants to sell there good players

* What was his thoughts on the Wasps situation? Didn't really go into to much detail on this but did expect the pitch to take a battering due to all other games being played there

* Did he give any indication on CCFC getting the other 50%? No said that he has been told they are talking

Yes I saw the smoke signals.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Someone is telling porkies about the last one.

ccfcway

1. "he has told them it is all about winning" - Er, has he seen his own record ?
2. "natural leaders are now becoming hard to find" - Er, last season, wasn't it that strikers and CM's are hard to find ?
3. "toughen up the team that is one reason Rada came in to stabilise the back 4". - How can someone who only plays an average of 20 games stabilise anything ?
4. "what he is doing is more long term gain" - really ?, if so, why on earth do we have 7 loans and he is looking for another 2 ?

I like Pressley, but we are now 33 players into this long term plan with another couple on the way. Not sure I have ever seen 5 strikers on a bench before, when its clear we need a GK and CM.

Time will tell

covcity4life

no natural leaders because all new generation are dumb! cant speak english, lsiten to crap music and watch disgusting stuff on their mobiles from an all too early age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i feel old.

AndreasB

Some went. How is that talking shite?

The boycott worked. How is that talking shite?

I was just agreeing with Nick when he said that fan's don't always know best and using something factual to help him prove his point.

If some are feeling beaten with a stick by these facts that's their issue. Facts are facts, not shite.

Sixfields was the Best season in years for the Sky Blue Ultras like us Tony. Still ashamed you missed it eh?

Users who are viewing this thread