SP guest speaker at trust meeting tonight. (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

he next Sky Blue Trust Open meeting will be held at The Squirrel Pub,Greyfriars Lane,Coventry,CV1 2GY tonight starting at 7.30pm.We are pleased to announce that Coventry City FC Manager Steven Pressley and his assistant Neil McFarlane have agreed to join us as our special guests to answer your questions and tell us their plans for the future.
Last time the management duo joined us was in their very early days at the club. It was a fascinating and entertaining evening. Twenty months on so much has happened so its going to be an equally interesting and honest meeting.
So if you want to know about Steven and Neil's thoughts on the teams start to the season, team formations,possible loan signings,plans for the January transfer window or anything else about the Sky Blues then please come along , ask your questions and hear what the guys have to say.
We are expecting a lot of interest in this meeting so are asking all members to reserve their place in advance. To do so please EMail: [email protected] with your name and a contact number.
We look forward to seeing you at The Squirrel. It should be a cracking night.

Someone ask him, or should I say tell him, 4-4-2 works a lot better, it's getting frustrating watching Coventry go over 20mins of most games before we even have a shot...

Also having two defenders that mark the posts during conceded corners works too, tell him to try it sometime...

:wave:

Last edited:

malkitccfc

Also, sign a keeper..make sure somebody makes that perfectly clear! We've got a centre mid on trial in the u21 game today it says on the site too. Anyone know who?

skybluebeduff

Also, sign a keeper..make sure somebody makes that perfectly clear! We've got a centre mid on trial in the u21 game today it says on the site too. Anyone know who?
Don't know but he's just conceded a pen :facepalm:

Coventry Telegraph@CovTel_CCFC 1m1 minute ago
City's trialist slid in to make last-ditch tackle in box but was judged to have handled the ball from a second attempt to concede pen #pusb

6:22 AM - 3 Nov 2014 · Details

letsallsingtogether

OK will pass the messages on, if I make the meeting.
But already know the answer .
Someone ask him, or should I say tell him, 4-4-2 works a lot better, it's getting frustrating watching Coventry go over 20mins of most games before we even have a shot...

Also having two defenders that mark the posts during conceded corners works too, tell him to try it sometime...

:wave:

Otis

He'not going to talk about particular players is he, but you can just ask him if he's identified which areas of the squad need strengthening and where he feels that is.

skybluepm2

Tell him to stop being such a big girls blouse in his post match interviews too and to start becoming a realist. We are 2 points off the bottom yet he talks as if we are the best team in the league. Results are a priority and not this 'Coventry way' football which is something which he Waggott and Fisher harp about as if we are something special. One final moan...get rid of the chuckle brothers who take it in turns at pretending to be goalkeepers each week, swallow your pride and go and get Joe Murphy off Huddersfield's bench before we really are in the brown stuff...even if it means offloading 2 of the 18 strikers we currently have.

PS tell him I like his beard

Brighton Sky Blue

Tell him to stop being such a big girls blouse in his post match interviews too and to start becoming a realist. We are 2 points off the bottom yet he talks as if we are the best team in the league. Results are a priority and not this 'Coventry way' football which is something which he Waggott and Fisher harp about as if we are something special. One final moan...get rid of the chuckle brothers who take it in turns at pretending to be goalkeepers each week, swallow your pride and go and get Joe Murphy off Huddersfield's bench before we really are in the brown stuff...even if it means offloading 2 of the 18 strikers we currently have.

PS tell him I like his beard

Read it out like this without stopping.

stupot07

@CJ_covblaze is usually pretty good at tweeting updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

Tell him there is a load of Coventry fans, who think they know loads but know jacks shit.....a bit like Waggott!

Nick

Administrator
Tell him there is a load of Coventry fans, who think they know loads but know jacks shit.....a bit like Waggott!

Yep, the ones who wanted Thorn here and got wet over him and his football style.

DaleM

Remind him football is a results business and if he doesn't get his head out of his arse and mixes it up a bit he is likely to be sacked in the coming months

Ian1779

Ask him how pumped up he gets when he buys some shit from the Thrift Shop.

Sick Boy

Yep, the ones who wanted Thorn here and got wet over him and his football style.

Exactly. It's funny that they seemed to agree with Ken Dulieu about Thorn's ability. A question they have never been able to answer is why they weren't praising sisu for their brave choice in appointing a football genius such as Thorn.

skybluepm2

He doesn't seem to know a lot more though at present, we are failing in the most glaringly obvious areas which the majority of the fan base have all picked up on and agreed on. The load of fans will come back if he starts winning a game or 2 now and again...do you not agree?

stupot07

No tweets from CJ tonight.....perhaps this is a top secret meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Just got an update from the meeting and this is happening:

giphy.gif

Noggin

What would you and Grendel have to post about if we'd not hired Thorn, multiple managers ago and it's still the go to everytime someone wants to change the subject or put someone or a group of someones down

Nick

Administrator
What would you and Grendel have to post about if we'd not hired Thorn, multiple managers ago and it's still the go to everytime someone wants to change the subject or put someone or a group of someones down
Or prove a point that fans don't always know best ;)

Ian1779

I don't suppose anyone thought to ask him exactly how many milkshakes he would need to bring to the yard to get Joe Murphy back?

Gazolba

He's not going to talk about particular players is he, but you can just ask him if he's identified which areas of the squad need strengthening and where he feels that is.

Yes, sure he's gong to answer that and tell all our opponents how to beat us!

Otis

Yes, sure he's gong to answer that and tell all our opponents how to beat us!

Tell all our opponents? :laugh:

I think you'll find they already know. Hence all the long balls down the channels and over the tops of our defenders.

Opposition teams watch our matches. They will know all of our weaknesses anyway. Don't think they will need to tune into a supporters' meeting to find out any little titbits.

covmark

You're not wrong. Some decided to go to Suxfields because they said a boycott wouldn't change a thing. I wonder if we'll ever get back to the Ricoh? ;)
Why talk shite all the time. Some decided to go to 'suxfields' to watch the team play football ffs. I wasn't one of them btw, but on the same token, I've never used it as a stick to beat people with.

skybluetony176

Why talk shite all the time. Some decided to go to 'suxfields' to watch the team play football ffs. I wasn't one of them btw, but on the same token, I've never used it as a stick to beat people with.

Some went. How is that talking shite?

The boycott worked. How is that talking shite?

I was just agreeing with Nick when he said that fan's don't always know best and using something factual to help him prove his point.

If some are feeling beaten with a stick by these facts that's their issue. Facts are facts, not shite.

Nick

Administrator
Some went. How is that talking shite?

The boycott worked. How is that talking shite?

I was just agreeing with Nick when he said that fan's don't always know best and using something factual to help him prove his point.

If some are feeling beaten with a stick by these facts that's their issue. Facts are facts, not shite.

Any proof it was because of the boycott, or because of the Wasps deal? ;)

Just a shame so many are still carrying on with the boycott isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread