Sounds familiar beware Blackburn (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
He was allowed to sign them Jones as a straight replacement for someone who had gone. Jones wasn't even signed with the first team in mind, he got thrown in there because there was bugger all else!

Picking out the exceptions nonetheless, does not prove the trend, it only serves to further highlight it!

Not sure it is that common for everything to be done late.

2012 most of the business was done in July
2013 was sixfields so a few were done in august but nothing in July
Under Pressley in 2014-2015 we signed 6 players in July
2015 under mowbray we signed 4 in July, couple in september then loads in January (hunt etc)
2016 under mowbray (relegation) we signed 5 in July and 2 in August (6 loans in August though)
2017 under Robins everything done in July with a couple in August

That 2016 one rings a bell with trying to sign loads of loans towards the end which it sounds like he is trying to do now.

It looks as if we get more organised when Robins / Widdrington came in.

Last edited:

vow

I’m gobsmacked Mogga sounds like he wants to repeat the same path as before, that caused us to have the worst summers recruitment I can ever remember. If I was a Blackburn Rovers fan I would be very worried.

I still believe Robins would of kept us up, if we hadn’t of wasted time with Venus and the sap in the cap! At least Mogga walked honourably whereas the Clown in the Hat waited for his quarterly sacking payout.

Agreed, Mark Robins is by far the best manager we have had, in my lifetime at least.
Disagree, he was "Twat in a hat" and a Clown shoe!

Users who are viewing this thread