Sounds familiar beware Blackburn (1 Viewer)

higgs

MOWBRAY STAYING PATIENT
Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray is playing the waiting game as he looks to add to his squad.
"It's difficult because the Premier League teams have just come back, because of the World Cup," he told the club website.
"They've generally taken their young players with them, because their international players are not back yet or are still on holiday, so they need to make sure their squads are deep and strong enough to play games.
"So the players that probably will be available to go out on loan are not available at the moment, so we have to be patient and wait."

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hill83

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

higgs

Can see it ending in tears again has he learnt anything from his time with us

rob9872

To be fair to him he did get it across the line last time and hi's budget won't be anything like competitive in the Championship. He worked for SISU here and the Venkys there are no better. He probably also has aspirations of a tilt at the Championship with a team to challenge but might be better walking away before a ball is kicked as his stock will fall if he doesn't get a good start and that looks unlikely at the moment.

Sbarcher

Could turn out to be a bit of a turkey!

fernandopartridge

To be fair to him he did get it across the line last time and hi's budget won't be anything like competitive in the Championship. He worked for SISU here and the Venkys there are no better. He probably also has aspirations of a tilt at the Championship with a team to challenge but might be better walking away before a ball is kicked as his stock will fall if he doesn't get a good start and that looks unlikely at the moment.
Their wage bill is at least twice what ours was. They have a squad that should be capable in the Championship. They had the 9th highest wage bill when they got relegated.

Greggs

MOWBRAY STAYING PATIENT
Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray is playing the waiting game as he looks to add to his squad.
"It's difficult because the Premier League teams have just come back, because of the World Cup," he told the club website.
"They've generally taken their young players with them, because their international players are not back yet or are still on holiday, so they need to make sure their squads are deep and strong enough to play games.
"So the players that probably will be available to go out on loan are not available at the moment, so we have to be patient and wait."

Tony 'season don't start till september' Mowbray

rob9872

Their wage bill is at least twice what ours was. They have a squad that should be capable in the Championship. They had the 9th highest wage bill when they got relegated.
1) If wages guaranteed success then Sunderland wouldn't have got relegated
2) Their wage bill being twice ours is accurate but we had foundations built on sand of loan players and a starting base of nothing, where as they had just come down from the Championship and had some Championship players retained (which also in part would contribute to that higher wage).
3) The gulf in wages from L1 to champ (as we've seen with Reading who are low end Champ) is huge and it's difficult to compete - some are huge clubs, some have rich owners and others have just come down from the Prem. I guess going back up their wage bill will be significantly towards the lower end.

I know it's popular to want TM to fail, but I liked him when he was here, I thought he departed as he had acted throughout - honourably. I also think he will have learnt and possibly with limited funds doesn't want to waste them and be certain he's bringing in the right kind of character too.

I'm happy with MR and we should look forwards rather than backwards.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

MOWBRAY STAYING PATIENT

I was a fan of Mowbray for that good season we had but this is flabbergasting and in hindsight I've probably been a bit light on him. Has he not learnt from the past, where he fucked up our summer recruitment and the only loans we got in were dogshit? This whole, we've got to wait for Premier League teams to decide what players they do and don't want is ridiculous, a huge risk and shows he's only thinking short-term and cheap. Pre-season is key for preparing for the season and getting the squad and new players to gel but Mowbray thinks he can just wait until September and chuck new loan signings in?

Compare this to Robins, who was signing players before the end of the season (Westbrook) and indeed players only a couple of days after the Play Off Final. Even if we lose out on Conor Chaplin, I'm fairly confident Robins has already identified alternatives. Robins seems to be properly prepared across the board, especially with recruitment but Mowbray just seems to think he can wing it and gamble on Premier League teams loaning out their best young players last minute. Even more scandalous that he hasn't learnt from what he did to us. Well worth putting a tenner on Mowbray to be the first Championship Manager to go.

Thinking back to the likes of Mowbray, Slade, Venus etc. I does make you really appreciate how lucky we are to have Mark Robins, who's given us two wins at Wembley, a highest ever points total and a first promotion in 51 years, in under 2 years....and he's repaired all the damage that other three clowns have caused! Yes, Robins may have only got us promoted from League 2 or won us the Checkatrade Cup but every other manager in the last 20 years has only managed to get us relegated or take us towards relegation!

Captain Dart

Meh, this is Blackburn's problem.

Nick

Administrator
It looked to me like he saw that him and Venus had recruited awfully and then walked away to be honest.

clint van damme

I'm sure when his plan to tempt a centre half pairing of Diego Godin and Raphael Verane to Ewood Park comes to fruition they'll be well place to have a crack at promotion. What could possibly go wrong?

no_loyalty

He is still waiting to sign that dominant centre back who currently plays in one of Europe's top leagues.

NorthernWisdom

I always thought Mowbray was an alright manager, but probably not the right manager for us at the time.

The problem was he had no experence of managing at our level, so was always looking at players above to improve the side. Even in our good season under hm we had pretty pretty youngsters who could get bulled.

I'd assume Blackburn have an OK base but he needs to try and boost them on a (relatively) limited budget. It's a traditional SISU tactic, incdentally, to wait as long as possible to save cash before signing players, so not unreasonable other owners think the same. It's only since the club was cut off, and since Robins has been backed (I'd assume he came with credit from his first spell in charge, and a Wembley win, that meant he could call the shots more pre-season) that we've recognised having the players training with us might be useful...

GaryJones

He is still waiting to sign that dominant centre back who currently plays in one of Europe's top leagues.
Yeah its Reda Johnson now playing in the Norway Subbuteo Premier League!
blue%20small-web.jpg

Captain Dart

GaryJones

Bollocks - both legs now gone! Tragedy....
Mowbray needs to go back to the Drawing Board

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Yeah its Reda Johnson now playing in the Norway Subbuteo Premier League!
blue%20small-web.jpg

He's only managed to make 38 apps in his 2 seasons with Eastleigh so far. Seems as though his fitness issues are still plaguing him. Shame as he was an excellent L1 centre half when on the pitch, but those stats clearly vindicate the decision to get rid.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

On reflection, I still blame 85% of our relegation on Slade, he absolutely has us dead and buried by February.

However now you're seeing more and more that Mogga set us up for trouble and a few did warn against this. No Mogga failure would have meant no Slade.

Here we are seeing one dimensional Mogga back to his best.

The budget they had last year was the main reason they got promoted, and probably the main reason they will stay up. The players they have are good enough.

Compare Mogga to Robins. The latter is so much better in every way.

Nick

Administrator
I always thought Mowbray was an alright manager, but probably not the right manager for us at the time.

The problem was he had no experence of managing at our level, so was always looking at players above to improve the side. Even in our good season under hm we had pretty pretty youngsters who could get bulled.

I'd assume Blackburn have an OK base but he needs to try and boost them on a (relatively) limited budget. It's a traditional SISU tactic, incdentally, to wait as long as possible to save cash before signing players, so not unreasonable other owners think the same. It's only since the club was cut off, and since Robins has been backed (I'd assume he came with credit from his first spell in charge, and a Wembley win, that meant he could call the shots more pre-season) that we've recognised having the players training with us might be useful...

Mowbray was allowed to sign players like Gadzev and Jones before the season had finished with the season after in mind.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Mowbray was allowed to sign players like Gadzev and Jones before the season had finished with the season after in mind.
He was allowed to sign them Jones as a straight replacement for someone who had gone. Jones wasn't even signed with the first team in mind, he got thrown in there because there was bugger all else!

Picking out the exceptions nonetheless, does not prove the trend, it only serves to further highlight it!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

However now you're seeing more and more that Mogga set us up for trouble and a few did warn against this. No Mogga failure would have meant no Slade.

Here we are seeing one dimensional Mogga back to his best.

The budget they had last year was the main reason they got promoted, and probably the main reason they will stay up. The players they have are good enough.

Compare Mogga to Robins. The latter is so much better in every way.

I’m gobsmacked Mogga sounds like he wants to repeat the same path as before, that caused us to have the worst summers recruitment I can ever remember. If I was a Blackburn Rovers fan I would be very worried.

I still believe Robins would of kept us up, if we hadn’t of wasted time with Venus and the sap in the cap! At least Mogga walked honourably whereas the Clown in the Hat waited for his quarterly sacking payout.

Agreed, Mark Robins is by far the best manager we have had, in my lifetime at least.

Users who are viewing this thread