Sorry Baka (1 Viewer)

hill83

Not league goals

giphy.gif

Grendel

Done the same for the rest.

So it’s not league goals - Godden has scored 9 (6 in two games) and has been slated on here - Shipley has scored more than the others

Also we only play one forward so most goals from Hiwula and Bakayoko when playing a more inside forward role - which means you’ve omitted Maguire and his goals at Sunderland

alfielloyd

apologising to a professional footy player for having the odd good game towards the end of a very well paid contract is naïve. perhaps a change of attitude is required.

CCFC54321

Could not make it today but will be there to access bakayoko Tuesday-but my my mate texted me after scathing about bakayoko in the second half for not showing up

mds

I remember him having 2 attempts at goal...1 was scored the other disallowed cant remember any other shots or headers although he was one of the better players today just not that effective as a lone striker
All of our strikers have looked poor and isolated as lone strikers, Him and Biamou against Peterboro were unplayable but we rarely play two up front, mores the pity.
So it’s not league goals - Godden has scored 9 (6 in two games) and has been slated on here
Baka hadnt even played a game and was slated on here, Godden has started 20 and 7 as a sub this season scoring a total of 10, so in the other 25 games has scored a grand total 4 goals, and he`s been slated, he cost more than Biamou, Baka and Hiwulla combined, any wonder why he`s slated?
Biamou and Baka (the last 2 games) look much better options than Godden has done for the last 6 or so games he has started.

Last edited:

Ring Of Steel

Not really. He averages one in 4 at best and does little else

He’s played 1,043 minutes, that’s about 11 and a half games. He’s scored 6 goals, so that’s around 1 in 2. Those goals came against Exeter (league below), Doncaster, Fleetwood, Peterborough & Bolton in the league (so patently the same division as us), and one v Birmingham, the division above.

Top Scorers - Coventry City - Football - BBC Sport

rob9872

apologising to a professional footy player for having the odd good game towards the end of a very well paid contract is naïve. perhaps a change of attitude is required.
Not half as naive as imagining he is a) on a very well paid contract or b) suddenly working hard at the end of it.

He has always worked hard, that's why I've never slated him for that. I have however questioned his ability and whether he's good enough, I'd have happily seen him move during the window. He's stepped up and proved me wrong and no doubt a lot of others too.

Reactions: PVA

Skybluefaz

So it’s not league goals - Godden has scored 9 (6 in two games) and has been slated on here - Shipley has scored more than the others

Also we only play one forward so most goals from Hiwula and Bakayoko when playing a more inside forward role - which means you’ve omitted Maguire and his goals at Sunderland
I omitted Maguire because he's not a striker. Same with Ronan Curtis at Portsmouth. Not a striker.

skyblue1991

Got far to much stick for essentially no reason when we first signed him which was completely out of order.

Too inconsistent for me though.

In fact if we do go up and are serious about doing anything next season I’d bin off all of our strikers in the summer.
Agree, none are good enough for the championship.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

CCFC54321

Agree, none are good enough for the championship.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
Agreed. We had this conversation in the car coming back after the fa cup game. In the championship they wouldn’t be good enough to keep us up. That said, we wouldn’t have the money to buy anyone!

Covstu

Got far to much stick for essentially no reason when we first signed him which was completely out of order.

Too inconsistent for me though.

In fact if we do go up and are serious about doing anything next season I’d bin off all of our strikers in the summer.
Agree with this, a lot of people too Walsall fans word for it that he was shite and just carried that abuse on. None of our strikers are championship level sadly

Grendel

mark82

I omitted Maguire because he's not a striker. Same with Ronan Curtis at Portsmouth. Not a striker.

I think the point is that they both play the same role as Baka & Hiwula often have, so if you want like for like you need to either compare only goals when played as the striker, or include others playing in similar roles in other teams.

Skybluefaz

I think the point is that they both play the same role as Baka & Hiwula often have, so if you want like for like you need to either compare only goals when played as the striker, or include others playing in similar roles in other teams.
Then are we chucking Shipley and Westbrooke's goals in? The point is that such a blanket claim with no facts to back it up probably needs a bit of evidence to support it. I thought it was a striking personnel thing based on Grendel's dislike of Bakayoko and Biamou so I counted the goals on BBC of all strikers as defined on their own club website.

Grendel

Then are we chucking Shipley and Westbrooke's goals in? The point is that such a blanket claim with no facts to back it up probably needs a bit of evidence to support it. I thought it was a striking personnel thing based on Grendel's dislike of Bakayoko and Biamou so I counted the goals on BBC of all strikers as defined on their own club website.

Bakayoko and Biamou have scored 7 league goals between the two and hiwula 2 - why is facts equating to “dislike”?

Cavan O'Doherty

I won’t be apologising for anything, 2 good games does not make a season. If he puts a consistent run together then I might change my mind, but unfortunately he has these little spells then reverts back to type.

Evo1883

Pompey 18 goals from strikers. City 26.
Wycombe 16 goals from strikers. City 26.
Posh 40 goals from strikers. City 26.
Sunderland 11 goals from strikers. City 26.
Rotherham strikers have scored more.

So 2 of the top 6 have better scoring strikers.

Stop it... Doesn't fit the narrative

Reactions: PVA

rob9872

Liked his celebration when we scored, grabbing the badge and all that. Clearly cares about the club which is nice considering the abuse he gets from the stands.
Does he? I started this and I don't abuse him or any player from the stands. Social media he has been, as have others, but I've not heard anything other than general moans and grumbles about him round by me.

Grendel

It's your opinions rather than the facts that equal dislike. You going to be posting the stats to support your claim that all the top 6 strikers have scored more?

Well Bakayoko is 51st on the scoters list and Biamou 75

Users who are viewing this thread