Sorry Baka (1 Viewer)

rob9872

I said you were never a footballer, I was wrong.

Not just the goal today, nice as it was, but didn't think you had it in you and a couple of solid games in a row.

That is all.

Grendel

Typical Bakayoko to me. Scored early then vanished after 15 - he’s not worth a new deal

lifeskyblue

He had a great first 10/15 mins and showed attributes we don’t usually see in him. I thought the early goal would boost his confidence. However he faded after that but did put his all in, in terms of effort. Reminded me of another game earlier in the season (can’t remember which one) when he was excellent early on; winning challenges, turning and running at players. But again he couldn’t do it all game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harvey098

I think it’s clear that he works better in a two up front but fair play to the lad, for the minutes he spends on the pitch, he does seem to pop up with goals.

Grendel

I think it’s clear that he works better in a two up front but fair play to the lad, for the minutes he spends on the pitch, he does seem to pop up with goals.

Not really. He averages one in 4 at best and does little else

Liquid Gold

Has all the attributes but can’t put t them together. If someone can coach it in to him he’ll be unplayable. I don’t think it will ever happen completely though

Kilclines curly mullet

He is a footballer, just not at this level.
When he is on it, he is unplayable, example Peterborough away, 10mins after he’s scored against Birmingham and for the first 15mins today. Unfortunately consistency will prevent him from playing at a higher level.
Some of the things he did today was excellent, others poor. Such as not being able to understand when a quick lay off was needed against holding the ball up.
For this reason, he will probably end up in league 2 next season.
Seems a nice lad, but at this level, simply not good enough.

harvey098

Not really. He averages one in 4 at best and does little else

I agree he doesn’t offer much other than the goals he pops up with but you know “1 in 4“ is misleading. This includes brief substitute cameo appearances. Someone playing 80 minutes and someone coming on for 10 minutes can’t both count as “1 game”

Grendel

I agree he doesn’t offer much other than the goals he pops up with but you know “1 in 4“ is misleading. This includes brief substitute cameo appearances. Someone playing 80 minutes and someone coming on for 10 minutes can’t both count as “1 game”

No he’s scored 1 in 4 goals in starts - I would t extend his contract as I think he’s generally poor. Would you extend it?

hill83

Got far to much stick for essentially no reason when we first signed him which was completely out of order.

Too inconsistent for me though.

In fact if we do go up and are serious about doing anything next season I’d bin off all of our strikers in the summer.

Evo1883

I thought he was involved in Alot of forward movement in the first half, knocking balls down well into space for Ohare or Allen to run onto.. Won a fair few headers and put himself about.
He definitely played better than for just 15 minutes.. Most of the team were absolutely sub standard for much of the game and thought he actually had one of the better matches from the team overall, who really was any better?

Not that I think he's great, I just think he did a job today.

Anybody who thinks he gave just "15" today as I've seen it mentioned a couple times...is being harsh

Evo1883

Got far to much stick for essentially no reason when we first signed him which was completely out of order.

Too inconsistent for me though.

In fact if we do go up and are serious about doing anything next season I’d bin off all of our strikers in the summer.

We need to get a pacey striker if we go up, somebody who will frighten the life out of defenders... Hard to find though

harvey098

No he’s scored 1 in 4 goals in starts - I would t extend his contract as I think he’s generally poor. Would you extend it?

Personally no, but whilst he’s here he gets my backing. Where is the link for your “1 in 4 starts” stat by the way?

PVA

Never known a player get as much unwarranted stick as this guy.

At the very least he gives his all every game which is more than can be said for a lot of our players over the years, yet he gets more shit than all of them.

'worst CCFC player ever'
'should be playing non league'

Etc etc

Grendel

Personally no, but whilst he’s here he gets my backing. Where is the link for your “1 in 4 starts” stat by the way?

Stupot provided it

Kilclines curly mullet

We have the worst scoring strikers in the top 6
Never known a player get as much unwarranted stick as this guy.

At the very least he gives his all every game which is more than can be said for a lot of our players over the years, yet he gets more shit than all of them.

'worst CCFC player ever'
'should be playing non league'

Etc etc
Giving your all is a minimum requirement.
The lad is simply not good enough to be a consistent threat at this level however much we all want him to be.
As for worst CCFC player ever, whoever thinks that obviously didn’t ever see Andre Wright play.

stevefloyd

I thought he was involved in Alot of forward movement in the first half, knocking balls down well into space for Ohare or Allen to run onto.. Won a fair few headers and put himself about.
He definitely played better than for just 15 minutes.. Most of the team were absolutely sub standard for much of the game and thought he actually had one of the better matches from the team overall, who really was any better?

Not that I think he's great, I just think he did a job today.

Anybody who thinks he gave just "15" today as I've seen it mentioned a couple times...is being harsh
I remember him having 2 attempts at goal...1 was scored the other disallowed cant remember any other shots or headers although he was one of the better players today just not that effective as a lone striker

SeaSeeEffCee

Can see his head drop when he doesn't get support from the crowd. There were groans after a misplaced pass in the second half and he seemed to visibly lose confidence. Bloke near me was slagging him off before the game even began. Not sure what he did in first place to deserve the vitriol.

hill83

Pompey 18 goals from strikers. City 26.
Wycombe 16 goals from strikers. City 26.
Posh 40 goals from strikers. City 26.
Sunderland 11 goals from strikers. City 26.
Rotherham strikers have scored more.

So 2 of the top 6 have better scoring strikers.

He’ll have a caveat that he won’t directly tell you but will hint at for several weeks with leading questions and sarcasm.

Grendel

Pompey 18 goals from strikers. City 26.
Wycombe 16 goals from strikers. City 26.
Posh 40 goals from strikers. City 26.
Sunderland 11 goals from strikers. City 26.
Rotherham strikers have scored more.

So 2 of the top 6 have better scoring strikers.

Where have our strikers between them mustered 26 goals in the league this season?

Grendel

He’ll have a caveat that he won’t directly tell you but will hint at for several weeks with leading questions and sarcasm.

The stat can’t be correct - Godden has 9 I think Bakayoko 4 Biamou 3 and Hiwula 2

Users who are viewing this thread