Something I heard Saturday RE: Sterling's wages (1 Viewer)

vow

Can't see Sterling being on 18k a week, perhaps a month maybe, at a push, he's still only 18 remember and Chelsea won't be stupid enough to pay that to an untried youngster that's not in the first team.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Can't see Sterling being on 18k a week, perhaps a month maybe, at a push, he's still only 18 remember and Chelsea won't be stupid enough to pay that to an untried youngster that's not in the first team.
I had heard from a player in the squad's family that the actual figure was £20k not £18k. Haven't asked how the player in question knew this but I see no reason for him or them to lie.

Greggs

I had heard from a player in the squad's family that the actual figure was £20k not £18k. Haven't asked how the player in question knew this but I see no reason for him or them to lie.
20k a week for your first pro deal. No wonder so many youngsters fall by the wayside.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

20k a week for your first pro deal. No wonder so many youngsters fall by the wayside.
While I agree it's the cost of keeping top talents at your club. I remember hearing a few years ago that Christensen was on £20k a week at Chelsea without ever having kicked a ball, for them now it has been worthwhile. It would be interesting to know how many are on that kind of figure or if it is just players they seem special talents. I know there has been a fair few unimpressed with Sterling (I personally think it's been very harsh), there's no way Chelsea would be throwing £20k a week at someone they don't envisage making an impact at first team level. Obviously that can't be guaranteed with anyone, but they must believe in him.

Sky Blue Harry H

Talent x application = the magic formula

Now if Sterling can apply himself like Doyle, then he will be great!

Esoterica

Might be Abramovich's new cash cow. Pay Sterling £5k a week, tell us he's on 20k a week, make us pay 20k a week when he doesn't play. Multiply that by 60 loanees or whatever ridiculous amount Chelsea have this season = quids in!

better days

On top of all the other reasons there is also the budget under FFP to consider
The lad may be getting a ridiculous deal from Chelsea but there is no way we are picking up all his wages if he's not playing when fit and in form

vow

Was the squads family member wearing a sky-blue scarf and standing at a bus stop?

Hobo

He's on £18k a week at Chelsea, which they pay... only when he plays.

That's a great statement and headline news. But?????
What is your source? Does it have any credibility?

Users who are viewing this thread