Some perspective please (for the bedwetters) (5 Viewers)

ccfctommy

We narrowly lost against a team who will finish second in the league.

We have played three games in just over a week and half after a gruelling semi final.

We have several injuries and knocks etc because of this. We have had two keepers on the bench for the last two matches.

It has been a good season after losing two of the best players we have seen in many a year.

Lets enjoy the QPR game and give Godden, Kelly etc a good send off.

rylee

We have won 1 game in 8 and kept 3 league clean sheets this calendar year.

We will finish 10 points off the play offs.

The season has been a failure.

Jesus H Christ😂 yes the tail off at the end was pretty bad but not like we’ve been pumped every week, the start wasn’t great either. But for a lot of new players to come in and gel takes time, when they did gel we have played some of the best football I’ve seen at this football club for years. I can’t explain what’s happened at the tail end of the season, maybe a combination of injuries, small squad and flapping around the semi.. I’m still not sure. It’s not been a flying success but I’m proud of all of them. You’d be talking different yourself if we didn’t have some bent decision in the semi.

Hobo

Glad you pointed out those facts for me, I had totally missed all that as a fan.

I'm still going to renew my season ticket, I've lived through far worse seasons.

fatso

We've tailed off badly, but that's partly because of the fixture congestion caused by our F.A. Cup run, the second most successful fa cup run in the clubs history! and a run that was curtailed by a dubious VAR decision.
If we'd of won that semi- final would you still be classing this season as a failure?

We've also been hampered by having a small squad, and suffering injuries to major players at crucial times.

We lost our 2 best players, but the vast majority of the new signings have been a success. Our attendances are up, our season ticket sales have broken records, and we've had some amazing entertainment, with epic games such as Leicester and Leeds at home, Wolves away and of course the Semi at Wembley where we shocked the footballing world with an epic comeback.

If that's a failure in your eyes I'd hate to be your MRS!!!

Nick

Administrator
Pointing out bad form is absolutely fine, as long as you take the caveats and circumstances into account.

Pointing out bad form and declaring everyone shit again is bedwetting (not saying that's what you're doing!).

Circumstances? Is this the "tiredness" excuse again?

Hobo

Teams often pancake after a semi final loss, plus the play offs had more or less slipped away from us before that.

Preston, Cardiff, WBA and Birmingham were the missed opportunities to make up ground on Norwich and WBA.

We need a good summer in the transfer market, but we have known that all season. We were never going to get it all done last summer. I thought January was ok as that window goes from a long-term perspective.

Nick

Administrator
Small squad, lack of cover in key positions, one fit centre back, lots of games in a short space of times etc etc.

The players haven’t become shit overnight, is all I’m saying.

Even if we had cover he would still play Lati so what's the point?

Nick

Administrator
International breaks dont do us any favours wither. Several players flew half way round the world for some tin pot cup and cam juste back 'knackered'. Whats the point?

Yeah they came back Knackered but Robins still persisted in playing them for full games

skybluecam

Genuinely baffled at the reaction on here.

We all knew it would be a rebuild with the summer exodus. The majority of our new signings have been successes. We had a great and memorable cup run, and were an inch from only our second major final. We've ultimately come up just short in the league, but should still finish top 10. At most we're only losing 1 or 2 good players this summer, so should be well set for next year.

The entitlement is unreal. Give your heads a wobble and remember where we were less than 10 years ago.

skybluegod

Is it "bed wetting" to point out the terrible form for weeks?

I don't mind people pointing out the bad, but it does appear that a lot of individuals are very quick to jump on the worst/bad moments but not appreciate the good or at least be able to apply a bit of perspective as to why we have tough moments.

Fans moaning about a 9th/8th place finish in the championship and an FA cup semi final clearly can't remember (or perhaps weren't there) playing and losing to the the likes of Forest Green, Morecambe and Yeovil in league 2.

clint van damme

These bad runs have been a feature since Robins return, (as have going on incredibly good runs), but don't think we've finished the season on one up until now so it has put a bit of a dampener on things. .

However, it will have no bearing on next season in the same way last seasons finish didn't on this one.

Nick

Administrator
Genuinely baffled at the reaction on here.

We all knew it would be a rebuild with the summer exodus. The majority of our new signings have been successes. We had a great and memorable cup run, and were an inch from only our second major final. We've ultimately come up just short in the league, but should still finish top 10. At most we're only losing 1 or 2 good players this summer, so should be well set for next year.

The entitlement is unreal. Give your heads a wobble and remember where we were less than 10 years ago.

I'm not sure it is just short of the playoffs is it?

wingy

I do think the upshot on effects of the final are under estimated here,just get on with it won't wash here.
We seeing the Gov't of the day throwing the young under the bus regards MH, I think that's what we're seeing here too we all think get on with it but!!

skybluegod

Some losers are satisfied with getting their day out at Wembley, waving a little flag and singing that tragic song. I want actual success.

You mean our 2 promotions don't count then? Ipswich are the first side to have back to back promotions in what, 12 years? It's a process.

napolimp

As will I, attended every game this season

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Skyblueweeman

These bad runs have been a feature since Robins return, (as have going on incredibly good runs), but don't think we've finished the season on one up until now so it has put a bit of a dampener on things. .

However, it will have no bearing on next season in the same way last seasons finish didn't on this one.
You say they've been a feature of Robins tenure. To be fair, every team goes through bad runs. Even the top teams. The difference is that we're less knee-jerky (as a club) than many and this run at the end of the season has curtailed our PO aspirtions.

We could easily have had a crap Xmas period and been better at the end of the season but would've been in the same position - outside the play offs. Arguably our start was worse as we only won 3 games from our first 15.

This end has been frustrating. Have we got everything right - probably not. Will we be in a better position next season - I suspect so.

And like every other club, we'll have bad runs next season as well as good runs. Just hopefully our bad runs lose us less points than this season.

oscillatewildly

It’s been a decent season with some truly memorable moments but the tail off to our league campaign is a shambles. Sorry but if that makes me negative and a bed wetter then so be it.
'Decent' if our aspirations are to be an upper mid table C'ship side.
Nailed it in fact.

Evo1883

It's similar to how we ended 21/22.

"Not good enough" - what does this useless platitude mean?
The amount of money spent and the quality of player at the club isn't quite the same as 21/22 we should be doing better than 13 points from the last 12 games.. cheers

Users who are viewing this thread