Some perspective please (for the bedwetters) (4 Viewers)

shy_tall_knight

Yes. It's night and day, come on! We've got...

- two strikers capable of 20 goals a season.
- two exciting wide players (Sakamoto, EMC).
- a brilliant RB
- Thomas and Kitching have looked mint in a lot of games.
- Sheaf, Eccles and Torp are a great foundation in midfield.
- older players not up to the level falling off the wage bill

and an owner willing to spend the bulk of any fees we get.
That's where I'm at

The watchmaker

The season has been promising which I would have taken after Gus and Vik left. Also patchy.
Dominating Wolves, beating Leeds and Leicester they've shown they can do it. Won't mean a thing though if they don't back it up next season.

Last two seasons - the trips to Wembley have really raised our profile. Poor finish to the season be damned this year will be remembered amongst the wider footballing world for the 4-3 against United. We are a club on the up and potential transfer targets will look at us and think - that is the kind of club I want to play for.

robbiethemole

There's at least 14 other clubs in this League who would wish to have had the season we've had. But it still doesn't take away from the fact these last 10/12 games we've been wank
Dasilva is much too small to be a defender, reminds me of Kelly-Evans, and is targeted by lots of teams, Moore v him last night was a farce and Burns just ran him every time. A new big, stong lb and a creative mf are a priority along with a proper keeper.

clint van damme

Just like anyone who is prejudiced or biased against individuals. Complete focus on negative aspects and mistakes and no awareness of the positive aspects of his game and performance last night
What should he have done with either of those moves? Someone said come more centrally. Maybe improved his sprinting speed during the game ffs

His positioning was awful on both occasions, the first time was a warning that he didn't take any notice of.
I don't focus on just the negatives. I've praised him the last two games but he was poor last night.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm not worried about next season. We'll be stronger all around I would imagine.

What's frustrating is how we've thrown this season away. You can see the potential is there, see how we played against some massive teams this year. The concern is our level of consistency and professionalism. To beat Leeds but lose to Cardiff in such short time span was really strange. There's many such examples this year and you've got to be looking at that and see that something is a bit wrong. It almost feels a bit like the Coleman season with Fox & Dann, and the Mowbray season with Armstrong and Maddison. Now the season is played out, I feel we could have done that little bit better.

Some good signings for next year and I should think we can take it to the next level. We are crying out for some leadership though. A new captain and a few players with a stronger mentality minimum.

OldBedrocker

LAst night in the first half after they had scored got beaten again
Preston at home dribbled in the box but got tackled and they score, WBA away both full backs guilty for both goals
He is targeted by opposition teams He's good going forward but doesn't compensate for his inability to defend

Just like anyone who is prejudiced or biased against individuals. Complete focus on negative aspects and mistakes and no awareness of the positive aspects of his game and performance last night
What should he have done with either of those moves? Someone said come more centrally. Maybe improved his sprinting speed during the game
Nothing to do with improving his sprint speed ffs. He was ball watching and lost his man who made the run behind him by the time he turned it was to late. He gets beaten by diagonal balls in behind all the time.

Sky Blue Pete

His positioning was awful on both occasions, the first time was a warning that he didn't take any notice of.
I don't focus on just the negatives. I've praised him the last two games but he was poor last night.
What did you need him to do? Mark the man or come closer to lati
No pressure on the midfielder on the ball had loads of time to just pick the ball
I’m not saying he couldn’t have done better it was a culmination of errors but jds gets the brunt
I’m reliably told McCallum at fa cup semi final with max wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him back in a free

OldBedrocker

No pressure on the midfielder on the ball had loads of time to just pick the ball
I’m not saying he couldn’t have done better it was a culmination of errors but jds gets the brunt
I’m reliably told McCallum at fa cup semi final with max wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him back in a free
Saw Max didn’t see McCallum

Grendel

Yes. It's night and day, come on! We've got...

- two strikers capable of 20 goals a season.
- two exciting wide players (Sakamoto, EMC).
- a brilliant RB
- Thomas and Kitching have looked mint in a lot of games.
- Sheaf, Eccles and Torp are a great foundation in midfield.
- older players not up to the level falling off the wage bill

and an owner willing to spend the bulk of any fees we get.

We are losing £7m a year - he’s steady stuck a loan against one year so there is no evidence he will soend the bulk

higgs

Saka getting injured cost is this season we would surely have a few more points with him which wouldn't have us too far away from.top 6

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

lord_garrincha

He was there. I saw Sam when I was walking to stadium from Wembley Park.

Boicey

Bedwetters Vs Happy clappers

The reality is somewhere in between.

We’ll finish lower than last season despite spending a shed load.
We finished really badly despite apparently completing the ‘gelling’ process.
The defence is still leaking terrible goals.
We have a chunky wage bill which is only going to get larger. Is it sustainable?

The positives are having a decent attacking line up with Saka and EMC to come in.
MVE has come of age.
Torp and Thomas to further develop.
We need to sort the defence as a priority, a no 10 and then add squad depth.

The worry will be the wage bill.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not worried about next season. We'll be stronger all around I would imagine.

What's frustrating is how we've thrown this season away. You can see the potential is there, see how we played against some massive teams this year. The concern is our level of consistency and professionalism. To beat Leeds but lose to Cardiff in such short time span was really strange. There's many such examples this year and you've got to be looking at that and see that something is a bit wrong. It almost feels a bit like the Coleman season with Fox & Dann, and the Mowbray season with Armstrong and Maddison. Now the season is played out, I feel we could have done that little bit better.

Some good signings for next year and I should think we can take it to the next level. We are crying out for some leadership though. A new captain and a few players with a stronger mentality minimum.
Consistency is what takes you up and this season’s side hasn’t had it.

ccfcchris

One of our biggest problems has been our woeful defending at times. That and stopping the goalkeeping errors has to be the priority. Add a creative midfielder who can feed the attackers and we won't be far off.

Matt smith

One of our biggest problems has been our woeful defending at times. That and stopping the goalkeeping errors has to be the priority. Add a creative midfielder who can feed the attackers and we won't be far off.
We desperately need a new goalkeeper and left Centre back

Cally Fedora

I think it’s been a fantastic season overall. But it’s also fair to say we’ve been rubbish last 3/4 games in the league. You just comment on the game as you see it. It’s not bed wetting. We’re in good shape. But you can still be in good shape but have poor games.

blunted

As someone said, second best FA Cup run in our history and robbed by VAR of a final.
Top 6 then got distracted by the cup and too many games in a short time resulting in serious injuries and players having to play when not 100% fit. It was inevitable we would fall short. Dreadful ref decisions did not help.

Adge

Sheaf is a good player and captain obviously but lakes that “bite” that Hamer had.
Eccles is a middle of the road Championship player-he has a place in the squad but we need better. Torp hopefully with a full preseason will be a good addition.
We are missing a good hard as nails no nonsense midfielder as at the minute we have 3 pansies.

mmttww

Yep-technically very good players-they don’t mix it up or play the dark arts though.

but that's MR, isn't it? Since he's been here, we've always been that way. Feels like a Clough thing - expecting his players to be above dark arts and sh*thousing. I'm glad we're like that, tbh. Leaders we need, Poundland Vinnie Jones' not so much.

mmttww

Other than the c.£30m spent in two windows?

@Grendel - if you want to play the role of the great Empiricist, what are you saying to this? You've said there's no evidence he'll spend the bulk of fees we receive. I've pointed out that he has. Genuinely interested to hear why you think there being a loan against the club proves otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread