Some of our fans are garbage (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

ESPN+ games, some on iFollow and some commentary only. You’d have to be fucking certifiable to judge anything based on some people’s opinions on here.

Be honest though, you have got a bit cocky on here lately.

As much as I agree with your Wasps post - it has gone right to your head.

theferret

I used to live near Swindon for 4 years, wasn’t as bad as Cov. There is a cynicism in Cov and a mistrust of anything new or different that you don’t get on the same level in other places.

Mistrust of anything new? Coventry has gone through and has been accepting of more change than pretty much any other city I can think of. We're a very adaptable and resilient bunch.

We're going round in circles anyway so should just agree to disagree. I see people moan about stuff like students and despair, but it really is the same everywhere. There have been loads of studies to try and find the 'unhappiest city in Britain'. Coventry never features. They all use different metrics and are probably equally flaky, but they can't all be wrong. We're just not as unhappy as you think we are.

Ring Of Steel

Mistrust of anything new? Coventry has gone through and has been accepting of more change than pretty much any other city I can think of. We're a very adaptable and resilient bunch.

We're going round in circles anyway so should just agree to disagree. I see people moan about stuff like students and despair, but it really is the same everywhere. There have been loads of studies to try and find the 'unhappiest city in Britain'. Coventry never features. They all use different metrics and are probably equally flaky, but they can't all be wrong. We're just not as unhappy as you think we are.
Just for the record, I am Cov through and through, I know it’s good points and the bad, and I am intensely proud of my home town, I miss it a lot. It’s borne of frustration that the trait of constant cynicism is noted, because it doesn’t need to be that way, but it is. Complaint after complaint.

And anyway back to the original point- there are quite a few self proclaimed experts on here that go around slating any player they feel like based on god knows what criteria, and it betrays an extreme ignorance to what is happening this season and at the club in general. Anyone reading this board after a game would think that we were relegation certs, such is the keyboard experts’ keenness to intricately expose supposed flaws in the team that only they can see, ‘cause they’re such ‘football experts’. They go to bizarre lengths trying to find a tiny hole to blow into a massive issue.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just for the record, I am Cov through and through, I know it’s good points and the bad, and I am intensely proud of my home town, I miss it a lot. It’s borne of frustration that the trait of constant cynicism is noted, because it doesn’t need to be that way, but it is. Complaint after complaint.

And anyway back to the original point- there are quite a few self proclaimed experts on here that go around slating any player they feel like based on god knows what criteria, and it betrays an extreme ignorance to what is happening this season and at the club in general. Anyone reading this board after a game would think that we were relegation certs, such is the keyboard experts’ keenness to intricately expose supposed flaws in the team that only they can see, ‘cause they’re such ‘football experts’. They go to bizarre lengths trying to find a tiny hole to blow into a massive issue.

What's important to remember is that as self deprecating as we can be, nobody else is allowed a dig. Starved of success for decades unless you count going back up from Division 4, permanently not going to own our own ground, exiles in Brum and Northampton etc. Most clubs have transient periods of difficulty before sorting their act out but ours has lasted nearly 20 years. So it's understandable for some of us to be hardcore pessimists.

Ring Of Steel

What's important to remember is that as self deprecating as we can be, nobody else is allowed a dig. Starved of success for decades unless you count going back up from Division 4, permanently not going to own our own ground, exiles in Brum and Northampton etc. Most clubs have transient periods of difficulty before sorting their act out but ours has lasted nearly 20 years. So it's understandable for some of us to be hardcore pessimists.
Yeah I guess so, but it shouldn’t be that way now- live in the present, enjoy it, get excited- we might not have a season like this again in 50 years.

theferret

I had a mate who liked a good moan, used to wind me up no end, but the moment anyone from outside the city had a pop he'd go all Scrappy Doo.

clint van damme

Surely if we've been through the wringer that much, and if we're that starved of success, then approaching the last third of season which we haven't seen the likes of for over 50 years then we show be giddy with excitement not moaning and bitching?

Ring Of Steel

Surely if we've been through the wringer that much, and if we're that starved of success, then approaching the last third of season which we haven't seen the likes of for over 50 years then we show be giddy with excitement not moaning and bitching?
Exactly. Or spending hours forensically examining Godden & that stuff.

theferret

Tbf, I've just been scrolling through twitter and have seen nothing but giddy excitement.

I don't see much bitching at all, but there is an expectation that something will go wrong, an ingrained pessimism. That Mowbray season is still pretty fresh in the memory (even if the signs are that we have what it takes to see it through this time).

clint van damme

Tbf, I've just been scrolling through twitter and have seen nothing but giddy excitement.

I don't see much bitching at all, but there is an expectation that something will go wrong, an ingrained pessimism. That Mowbray season is still pretty fresh in the memory (even if the signs are that we have what it takes to see it through this time).

It was just an observation.
Personally trying to not get carried away myself.

Brighton Sky Blue

Because we're afraid of getting our hopes up and ending up disappointed. If you're used to it you come to expect it. I doubt there's a single one amongst us who wants us to fall short though one can't help but remember Coleman going from play offs and an FA Cup quarter final to 18th in just a few months.

clint van damme

Because we're afraid of getting our hopes up and ending up disappointed. If you're used to it you come to expect it. I doubt there's a single one amongst us who wants us to fall short though one can't help but remember Coleman going from play offs and an FA Cup quarter final to 18th in just a few months.

Wasn't so much the pessimism was
more the slating of players and proclaiming half the team is shit which I think was the thrust of the OP.
I appreciate that it's a small minority but you do hear it and read it.

Ring Of Steel

Being pessimistic is very understandable, spending hours slagging off the players on here after every perceived “poor display” when we’ve only lost 3 games in almost 7 months is just fucking stupid.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wasn't so much the pessimism was
more the slating of players and proclaiming half the team is shit which I think was the thrust of the OP.
I appreciate that it's a small minority but you do hear it and read it.

Being pessimistic is very understandable, spending hours slagging off the players on here after every perceived “poor display” when we’ve only lost 3 games in almost 7 months is just fucking stupid.

Fair enough

Users who are viewing this thread