Some Boddy Is Furious (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I mean I wasn’t aware of it and they should be publishing that at all times. Why didn’t Boddy mention it in the piece about club having to build new stadium by adding in something like “despite submitting plans etc etc”

They are blaming council for selling Ricoh to wasps, why are they not blaming them for not accepting plans ?

The thing is how come you weren't aware of it? Not having a dig but this is one of the issues.

The club and SISU were both making statements about it.

ccfcway

The thing is how come you weren't aware of it? Not having a dig but this is one of the issues.

The club and SISU were both making statements about it.

Maybe just me, apologies.

They should be ramming this down our throats, talking about doing all they can. I have seen several statements about blaming the council for selling the stadium to wasps, non about the council rejecting planning permission. I might have missed them, but that’s my point, I shouldn’t miss them, it’s a point that could win Sisu favour amongst fans, why not use it to their advantage

chiefdave

Maybe just me, apologies.
Its not just you. This is a perfect example of a major issue. Anything that doesn't fit with the desired narrative is pushed aside and forgotten about never to be mentioned again by the local media. That passes through to fans who are having an alternative version of events constantly pushed.

chiefdave

The council basically said sisu's masterplan may as well have been submitted on the back of a fag packet. Does a masterplan equate to an official planning application?
It's council owned land. Before you apply for planning permission you would want some indication they are prepared to sell the land. No different to what they did for Wasps.
Telegraph said:
Wasps Holdings Limited will enter into a licence with the Council until November 2019 during which period they will be required to apply for planning consent for a new hotel on the site.

The car park will remain in operation throughout this time.

Wasps will only be able to enter into the new lease once planning consent has been granted.

If development does not commence within two years, the Council are able to require the surrender back of the long lease.
Still, its a bit unreasonable to expect the football club to get similar treatment.

ccfcway

Its not just you. This is a perfect example of a major issue. Anything that doesn't fit with the desired narrative is pushed aside and forgotten about never to be mentioned again by the local media. That passes through to fans who are having an alternative version of events constantly pushed.

Agree with that, which is exactly why the club need to pedal the message. I didn’t realise nick was talking about the woodlands site, I thought that it was somewhere else, as for the life of me I can’t see a stadium going there, way way too many issues that would need addressed.

Sisu should be on the offensive with the part about trying to work with the council. Release a weekly statement showing the dates and times they are arranging meetings, asking for help etc. No way they should be relying on the local media (someone else) to do their comms for them.

Users who are viewing this thread