Some Boddy Is Furious (1 Viewer)

luwalla

“Ultimately you have to go back to the decision of Coventry City Council to sell the stadium to a London franchise rugby club under the noses of the football club without their knowledge.

“And also without giving them the football club an opportunity to participate in the sale.

“It wasn't put on the open market, it was sold behind our backs.
“It was unbelievable that a city council could even contemplate doing that to the football club which has born its name for 136 years.”

THIS!!!
Its why I blame the council most for our current state of affairs & why ill be going to Birmingham to support to the team and club, having been turfed out of our own stadium by a bunch of wankers that thought they were getting one over on SISU by selling the stadium to wasps undercover... without any regard for the club that carries the name of the city and for who that stadium was built ( not to mention the money that the club put in )

robbiethemole

Pretty sure at the time Fisher said" we don't want to buy the Ricoh and take on 14m debt, as we are building our own stadium". Also said we wont stand in the way of Wasps buying it.

Fucking Wasps are a bunch of cunts, but so are SISU, and the Council who were doing deals behind their backs.Higgs didn't want to let SISU have the share back cos they under valued it and the council had a veto on any sale.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Incidentally, does anyone else feel that him retweeting (and therefore endorsing) this post calls into question Simon Gilbert's balance as an employee of the BBC, and should it be challenged?

OffenhamSkyBlue

In the Times this morning, it states that the bond is to ensure that Coventry City return to Coventry to fulfill fixtures for the season after this one.
I don't think it specifies that it will be next season. Just that they will not undertake to make a permanent home outside the Coventry area.

Nick

Administrator
Meanwhile the Conn artist in the Guardian continues to spout his biased shite (and retweeted by Giblet)
Both him and Gilbert have completely ignored the fact sisu signed something in April. Neither of them will answer when asked.

All they are doing is an "it woz sisu" pr job, people fall for it every time

OffenhamSkyBlue

What balance?
I don't know if you are stating the obvious, but just in case it's a genuine question, BBC employees are required to express balance when reporting on news items, not take sides. While Gilbert has been keen to stress that he isn't expressing "an opinion" in recent arguments with you and me, this retweet is clearly condoning what Conn-man says, which is factually inaccurate.
No doubt he will try to hide behind some disclaimer that retweets don't reflect his views, or that it's a personal Twitter account not an official BBC one, but his profile clearly promotes himself as a BBC employee. He should ask Billy Vunipola if retweets and likes of other people's posts on social media are regarded as your own opinion!!!

Cov kid 55

I don't think it specifies that it will be next season. Just that they will not undertake to make a permanent home outside the Coventry area.
The Times quote is ‘Coventry will have to lodge a £1 million bond with the EFL as a guarantee that they will return to the Coventry area the season after next’. Of course, the Times could be wrong... If that is, however, the guarantee, then it’s very interesting.

OffenhamSkyBlue

The Times quote is ‘Coventry will have to lodge a £1 million bond with the EFL as a guarantee that they will return to the Coventry area the season after next’. Of course, the Times could be wrong... If that is, however, the guarantee, then it’s very interesting.
I can't find the quote just now ...

Nick

Administrator
I don't know if you are stating the obvious, but just in case it's a genuine question, BBC employees are required to express balance when reporting on news items, not take sides. While Gilbert has been keen to stress that he isn't expressing "an opinion" in recent arguments with you and me, this retweet is clearly condoning what Conn-man says, which is factually inaccurate.
No doubt he will try to hide behind some disclaimer that retweets don't reflect his views, or that it's a personal Twitter account not an official BBC one, but his profile clearly promotes himself as a BBC employee. He should ask Billy Vunipola if retweets and likes of other people's posts on social media are regarded as your own opinion!!!
He keeps saying he can't have an opinion but yesterday when asked he said something was just his "analysis". It's no shock him and conn were both trying to push the same thing.

The same as how nobody really mentioned at the time that sisu had signed to call off present and future legal about it.

Mcbean

There is something bad smelling in this pile of poo - lets hope a real journalist spends the time to find the truth

chiefdave

Meanwhile the Conn artist in the Guardian continues to spout his biased shite (and retweeted by Giblet)

It's beyond a joke. There's no way he isn't aware what he is doing, every time he posts his one sided rubbish he is met with replies point out his factual errors and failure to look at all sides. Yet he keeps pumping out the same line.

luwalla

It us where sympathy for the owners can't be anything but, well... zero.

I keep seeing it's different to last time - I find it remarkably similar!
Last time the club chose to leave , this time they have no option too stay...

Yes they might need to put up or shut up in regards to building their own stadium, but in the meantime we should be given the right to play at the Ricoh.

NorthernWisdom

Yes they might need to put up or shut up in regards to building their own stadium, but in the meantime we should be given the right to play at the Ricoh.
You could argue they had no option last time as to stay would have bankrupted the club - which is the argument this time.

Alternatively you could argue the power has been there for us to stay this time. As like last time, it's the actions of our owners which have created the conditions for us to leave.

For or against, angry or ambivalent, remarkably similar events end in the same result.

ccfcway

Had 6 years to find a site and build. Haven’t even done the former and very little evidence to show they have been doing the work to do so.

Nick

Administrator
Had 6 years to find a site and build. Haven’t even done the former and very little evidence to show they have been doing the work to do so.

I thought they did find a site and after months of Duggins saying they hadn't he slipped up and let the cat out of the bag?

Nick

Administrator
It’s that the case, Sisu should be all over that, getting fans on side

What do you mean if that's the case? They made statements about it saying the council won't speak to them and take months to reply to emails about it.

They pre-empted what Duggins would say and Duggins still said it.

ccfcway

I mean I wasn’t aware of it and they should be publishing that at all times. Why didn’t Boddy mention it in the piece about club having to build new stadium by adding in something like “despite submitting plans etc etc”

They are blaming council for selling Ricoh to wasps, why are they not blaming them for not accepting plans ?

chiefdave

It’s that the case, Sisu should be all over that, getting fans on side
Exactly, but all that has to happen is someone says 'but SISU' and all pressure is off the council again and they are left to do whatever they want no matter how much is screws over the club.

Users who are viewing this thread