solutions (1 Viewer)

@richh87

Dead right. Look at it the other way. Why would anyone invest in a club that the local community is clearly so apathetic to. I wouldn't.

The fans have good reason to stay away - and have had for a long time.

We have shown that when things go right we have the potential for large gates - it's just they've never gone right. No other club has finished so consistently down the bottom - most will occasionally do well, many yo-yo between leagues etc. We are the only club in the 92 in more than 40 years to not finish in the top 6 of ANY league.

Just being in the Premier League wasn't enough for City fans as they were used to it.

I recall Bolton and Wigan getting full houses in their first seasons back up in the Premier League because it was new and exciting (and on the back of promotions). After a few relegation scraps their support has dwindled. That's just how it works.

Also, regardless of what league you are in, If you lose every week you're not going to want to go back. We have lost more than any club I'd expect.

If this club generated a bit of excitement people would turn up. There isn't something unique about City fans that makes them apathetic - they have just hqd to put up with a unique amount of crap.

We all know loads of City fans who used to have season tickets but now listen on CWR or watch soccer Saturday, as the crap City serve up is too much to take. Give the City fans a promotion challenge and they'll turn out In their droves.

Spot on Rich.

Two of my work colleagues wear City shirts on dress down days. Do actually go up the Ricoh through? Do they bollocks. People have more sense than that. :D

Grendel

Spot on Rich.

Two of my work colleagues wear City shirts on dress down days. Do actually go up the Ricoh through? Do they bollocks. People have more sense than that. :D

Hence my cynical response to the "sensible businessmen" being lined up to buy the club. As an investment opportunity we are as high risk as it gets.

@richh87

Hence my cynical response to the "sensible businessmen" being lined up to buy the club. As an investment opportunity we are as high risk as it gets.

I'd say that depends on the overall package. SISU bought into a high risk situation where they didn't own any of the income streams except gate receipts - which is directly linked to success on the field.

They had only one way of making this work for them: invest to build a strong team, get promoted and sell. They abandoned their plan when they started selling the likes of Dann and Fox to fund losses.

A takeover whereby the stadium is purchased would be a different proposition I believe. No more risky than buying any football club.

In fact if they can secure us on the cheap because we're League 1 then we're a club with big potential and less of a risk than others. Especially considering the cost cutting SISU have made and no loans to banks etc. I think (if the stadium is secured) it's a much better bet than 90% of clubs out there.

ICHAN

Don't think it will matter what league we are in rich sisu will want their money back (however much that is I don't know) so don't think we will/can be bought on the cheap if in league 1.

Users who are viewing this thread