So who is nervous then? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Really hope the Sky Blue faithful can be like a 12h man today. City have got a habit of letting us down when the expectations are high. Let's hope today is not one of those days.

operationprem

We need to make it like we are the home team forest fans will be quiet the longer it stays 0-0, really looking forward it but as otis says city do have a habit of letting us down, hope its not another charlton away....PUSB 3 points

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Let's remember how we have been given this chance and not expect to win every game

Whilst I know where you're coming from Macca; even ignoring the Pompey situation; if we were to win today and beat Barnsley at the Ricoh next week; and Bristol City lose to Posh today and don't beat Blackpool next week - then we'd be out of the bottom three in any case.

Millwall's next two games are Middlesbrough at home and Burnley away. Depending on how goal difference went, we could go above them too.

All if's buts and maybes; and given our away form, it'd be a brave man who'd put his mortgage on it - but point being it's very tight.

Realistically, there were 6 teams still in with a real chance of going down. Pompey have now made it 7

Otis

Today is so massive though too as you have to feel like we won't have a better chance of 3 points on our travels with Forest on such a terrible run. Lose this one and I am very much doubting that we will win away at all this season.

Everytime we don't pick up points on our tavels the pressure is on for us to win at home.

Grendel

Today is so massive though too as you have to feel like we won't have a better chance of 3 points on our travels with Forest on such a terrible run. Lose this one and I am very much doubting that we will win away at all this season.

Everytime we don't pick up points on our tavels the pressure is on for us to win at home.

Yes it is a massive game. If we lose we will still need at least 20 points to stay up. That means 6 wins, we have only 7 home games to go and one is against the form team in the country. People seem relaxed like the hardest bit is done - it isn't by a long way.

jabharty

We really need to win. With doncaster having 2 games in hand, and forest having one game in hand, this game really could make or break our season. Good luck to the guys who are going, and think "last minute goal".

shmmeee

Yes it is a massive game. If we lose we will still need at least 20 points to stay up. That means 6 wins, we have only 7 home games to go and one is against the form team in the country. People seem relaxed like the hardest bit is done - it isn't by a long way.

If we need 20 points so do the others down there with us.

We need to do better than Donny Forest and now Pompey from now until the end of the season, that's all that matters. Not theoretical points tallies.

Today goes a massive way to us doing that. As do the games against Pompey and Donny at home.

Grendel

We need to do better than Donny Forest and now Pompey from now until the end of the season, that's all that matters. Not theoretical points tallies.

Today goes a massive way to us doing that. As do the games against Pompey and Donny at home.

Maybe but statistics say 43 points is the bare minimum. Also when we won our first game for ages the gap was 7 points before Christmas and it is still 6 Portsmouth aside. It is unlikely we survive below that level. Others will win

stnomskyblue

Thank you. Exactly what I wrote recently. All this theoretical "we need so many points" is bollocks. We need to end up with one more than three of the other crap teams down there. Period.

Otis

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Oh ....and another

:facepalm:

Just for luck.

Astute

Maybe but statistics say 43 points is the bare minimum. Also when we won our first game for ages the gap was 7 points before Christmas and it is still 6 Portsmouth aside. It is unlikely we survive below that level. Others will win

Stats. You have to love them. Ask Fester what they think of safety with 46 points. Think they had 6 more than this and went down. Could Portsmouth losing 10 points make the total lower this season? If they secure 50 points they will still only have 40. How many more points will Forest and Donny get? Both on poor runs at moment. All teams have played about 30 games at the bottom. 4 teams have 24 or 25 points. So what you are saying is that with a third of the games to go at least two of the bottom teams will get the same amount of points than in the first 2/3 of the season? Also, the teams just above these will also get points at nearly this rate when they have struggled of late.

I can see this season being much lower than the norm needed for staying up. Stats give an idea. Nothing more.

Gaz

I'm more excited than nervous for today.

A win will be massive

hamil99

Facebook User
I'm wearing brown trousers too.

They weren't brown when I put them on half and hour ago though. :whistle:

Such wardrobe malfunctions can be simply avoided by wearing brown trousers whenever cov are playing, its wat I've started doing lol!

Users who are viewing this thread