So who do we want? (1 Viewer)

ccfcmustang

That would be a great signing. However, a decent manager would demand a higher wage... So not a chance there. As for paying another club off... You must be joking!

True, but you never know. If he so widhed, i suppose he could orchestrate a move away from Fleetwood to join his boyhood club. I know im clutching at streaws here but im a coventry fan, i have to

skybluepm2

Graham Alexander

YES!! Love this shout Mustang! Would love to see him here, local lad who would receive a lot of backing with a promotion under his belt! The only sticking point is obviously him being under Contract at Fleetwood. Would Scrotium sanction another such move?

kg82

True, but you never know. If he so widhed, i suppose he could orchestrate a move away from Fleetwood to join his boyhood club. I know im clutching at streaws here but im a coventry fan, i have to

I know he's from Cov, but is he a Cov fan? Think I'm past clutching at straws mate, I know it's not rock bottom, but it certainly feels that way.

KG7

Any of these already mentioned:
Nigel Adkins
Billy Davies
Uwe Rosler
John Still

Wouldn't shrug at Graham Alexander - has a good record, but Fleetwood fans were moaning about his defensive mindset when they played us (perhaps what we need short term)

Danceswithhorses

Mark Warburton from brentford! They are releasing him at the end of the season anyway for some bizarre reason

Good manager, great record....therefore probably no chance.
Still can't believe Brentford are ditching a manager with a win % of 54.84 !!!

As of 21 February 2015
TeamFromToRecord
GWDLWin %
Brentford10 December 2013Present6234111754.84
Total6234111754.84

chiefdave

It'll be Hockaday. With a bit of luck he'll keep us up and chances are he'll then be given the job permanently.

hill83

Do you know what the really sad thing is? Fans will genuinely think this could be a new start. We could go and get a decent manager, save ourselves this season and give it a go at promotion next season. Speculating on who the next manager will be exciting for them. And then the reality will hit home and any "feel good factor" they might have been hoping for will be flushed down the toilet, until the next time we sack the manager.

Do you know what? Apart from your last sentence, good. We need something positive.

CovLis86

Hockaday until the end of the season...with pre-contract terms agreed with Mark Warburton? That wouldnt be so bad, if Hockaday could keep us up by the skin of his teeth.

hill83

Well, apparently deluding ourselves IS a Coventry trait.

Not delusion, just a tiny hint of excitement at a change. It wasn't working, it might now. I'll take that over sticking with the same Pressley shite until the inevitable relegation.

jabharty

Warburton's record will mean he'll be wanted by much bigger clubs than us, especially if he gets Brentford promoted.
Adkins would be a great appointment, whether we could afford him is another question.

kg82

Not delusion, just a tiny hint of excitement at a change. It wasn't working, it might now. I'll take that over sticking with the same Pressley shite until the inevitable relegation.

The definition of insanity - repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The club has to change, a manager in the situation we're in will not make a blind bit of difference.

pusbccfc

Would defo have Mark Warburton.

lewys33

It is going to be Hockaday realistically. He might give us that "new manager" kick but I don't think he is the answer.

This would be the perfect time for Joy to shift opinion on the owners, and get a decent manager in.

hill83

The definition of insanity - repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The club has to change, a manager in the situation we're in will not make a blind bit of difference.

So a half decent manager with a bit of tactical nous can't get this group of players performing better than they are now? Even enough to avoid relegation? I think that is a possibility. Deluded and insane? Cheers.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Warburton will be in demand at championship clubs I'd imagine, the only manager we'd maybe able to tempt away from the championship is probably Steve Evans who despite being a bit of a dick has done a superb job there.
If we're looking at L1 managers I'd like the look of Lee Johnson and Dean Smith.
If we're looking at L2 managers I like the look of Ainsworth and Tisdale.
If we're going for a manager out of work I'd like Uwe Rosler.

kg82

So a half decent manager with a bit of tactical nous can't get this group of players performing better than they are now? Even enough to avoid relegation? I think that is a possibility. Deluded and insane? Cheers.

But who would that half decent manager be? Hockaday? Let's face it, we'll not be getting anyone else.

covcity4life

the one time we didnt sack the manager we got relegated from championship.

behave.

NorthernWisdom

If you mean realistic, and who's used to working with a limited budget, how about throwing in Danny Wilson, Dave Jones.

Or tempt Mickey Adams back from Tranmere.

Or see if Richard Money can actually do the job he should have had years ago.

LB87ccfc

Adkins has had money to spend everywhere hes been so wont come here.

Someone mentioned Jewell- Please no

Wouldn't mind Still, or the manager at Exeter, but realistically its going to be Hockaday all the way.

Di Canio for the no nonsense factor, and to see him fall out with Waggott would be funny.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Funny but I dont feel anything about this decision. I used to get excited but with the owners we have I don't think it will be the dawning of a new era their stubbornness and lack of football insight got us where we are and will continue to do so. A decent manager will only come with a promise of funds and we don't invest, same old same I am afraid, we will get a manager in the mould of our players free agent willing to take the mercenary approach and take the money as long as it lasts. I don't believe they wont have desire and drive to be successful and want the best for the club, wether they have the skill sets for a club in our position is the problem.

lewys33

Agreed - Who is expecting different results? It would be the same "new manager" kick up the backside, which is hopefully enough to keep us up, followed by the same old shit. This is of course assuming that nothing else changes, which is a vital part of this "experiment" don't you agree?

LB87ccfc

Warburton will be in demand at championship clubs I'd imagine, the only manager we'd maybe able to tempt away from the championship is probably Steve Evans who despite being a bit of a dick has done a superb job there.
If we're looking at L1 managers I'd like the look of Lee Johnson and Dean Smith.
If we're looking at L2 managers I like the look of Ainsworth and Tisdale.
If we're going for a manager out of work I'd like Uwe Rosler.

Dean Smith ... wash your mouth out man... hes a twat of the highest order, and his defensive drills leave alot to be desired, tells his players to back off all the time until they are on the edge of the box then make the challenge, Actually were used to this..( inside information not BS)

SkyBlueSid

As things were, we were certs to be relegated. Maybe, just maybe, someone new could galvanise the current squad into scraping enough points for survival in this very poor division. The key is for them to be properly organised rather than playing like headless chickens so a hard-man approach is needed. Not sure Hockaday fits the bill, even short term.

Sure there will be plenty of applications. Sadly, most of them will be from people we shouldn't touch with a bargepole. We are unlikely to attract (or pay) the people we really need. The reason we have kept changing managers is that we persist in appointing unsuitable ones, Robins excepted. Given our pulling power, I can't see that changing.

kg82

Agreed - Who is expecting different results? It would be the same "new manager" kick up the backside, which is hopefully enough to keep us up, followed by the same old shit. This is of course assuming that nothing else changes, which is a vital part of this "experiment" don't you agree?

I do. But nothing else will change.

Joy Division

For those saying Mark Warburton, absolutely no way do we stand a chance of getting him in. There will be a queue of decent teams after him in the summer.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Dean Smith ... wash your mouth out man... hes a twat of the highest order, and his defensive drills leave alot to be desired, tells his players to back off all the time until they are on the edge of the box then make the challenge, Actually were used to this..( inside information not BS)

Ok sorry, what about Parkinson then as my other choice for L1 manager? Although he would be mad to leave them with their cup run

Although Walsall do have one of the best defensive records in the division so maybe they are working?

Godiva

There's a few around at the moment, aren't there? However I can see a Hockaday until the end of the season scenario.

Weird that MacFarlane is still here. I thought him and Pressley went hand in hand.

Well, the way I see TF/SW work I think they may have brought in Hockaday as a precaution if MacFarlane decided to resign when/if Pressley was sacked.
I do not believe Hockaday will be a permanent solution.

Users who are viewing this thread