So what is happening about private seat licenses? (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

This was published in the Cov Telegraph today..
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-telegraph-letters-april-22-7016028

May I thank Andy Turner for his most humorous article in Thursday’s paper.

As a man of a certain age I can relate totally to his predicament including the ultimate exposure!

I also thank him for the serious point of his article. I find myself, after 60 years of unbroken support, at the point where I have almost lost interest in my football club. Not the team but the club.

The letter in the same edition from Jim Dobbin emphasises the point. The present ownership will only listen to supporters, despite their protestations to the contrary, if their view coincides with theirs. If you have the temerity to disagree then ignore is the catchword.

I have written three letters to the club – two to the chief executive of Otium and one to the administrator, asking for a return of my Private Seat Licence Fee, as I believe they are in breach of contract.

I have had no reply, not even an acknowledgement to any of the letters.

Perhaps it has something to do with the outcome of the Judicial Review? But the ignoring of my letters is yet another nail that they are driving into the CCFC coffin.

Michael Skidmore,

By email.

Grendel

sky blue john

You support luton - why are you still
Wumming away on here?

Lol
Not me !!
Though my wife and one of my daughters went to the Luton match yesterday. They saw them lift the conference championship trophy, attendance was 10,800 full house.

Grendel

Lol
Not me !!
Though my wife and one of my daughters went to the Luton match yesterday. They saw them lift the conference championship trophy, attendance was 10,800 full house.

That's nice.

Going back to your typically juvenile post are you suggesting supporters now should not even meet with the owners at all?

skybluetony176

That's nice.

Going back to your typically juvenile post are you suggesting supporters now should not even meet with the owners at all?

Next time you see them perhaps you could be kind enough to raise this question and report back their reply. It is a real issue that's effect fans after all.

Someone needs to do the SCG's work while they're preoccupied with their sisu witch hunt.

blend

Are there any padded seats at sixfields? Ive not been. Not lucky/unlucky enough to get free tickets but if I did I'd be rightly chuffed about it. You'd think the club could do something about this. Even just a token gesture would win them some PR. Doesn't surprise me that there are no replies to letters. At least we have Labovitch the king of PR now. Why dont the padded seat owners ask for a meeting with him!

J

Jack Griffin

Immediate attempt to change the subject.,

Can we stick to the topic this is about PSL's & the club's treatment of some very committed fans who paid a lot of money for a service that is no longer being delivered in the manner promised.

Grendel

Can we stich to the topic this is about PSL's & the club's treatment of some very committed fans who paid a lot of money for a service that is no longer being delivered in the manner promised.

Sky blue John changed the subject.

J

Jack Griffin

No you did.. he made a a comment about what he thought of the owners behaviour in this matter.

sky blue john

That's nice.

Getting back to topic it seems strange Sisu are willing to hold secret meetings with fans.
For a PR offensive for upcoming JR, but are not willing to even send out an acknowledgement letter to the poor fans who they have stiched up ?

chiefdave

You will no doubt find that the PSL was with the 'property co' that is being liquidated so, on a technicality, you are owed nothing. For me this falls into the same area as season tickets and no matter what the letter of the law says they should do an attempt should have been made by the club to offer something.

sky blue john

I presume we won't hear from Grendel again on this post ?
Maybe he hasn't heard from ML yet regarding the correct PR response ?

Grendel

No you did.. he made a a comment about what he thought of the owners behaviour in this matter.

No he made a snide comment about people and their secret meetings.

skybluetony176

An ordinance? Is that a map of Northampton?

Ha ha. Audience! I'll have the spelling police onto me now along with the grammar police.

Seriously though. This is a failing of the SCG so if anyone does get in front of sisu, help some fellow fans out and ask the question.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Can we stick to the topic this is about PSL's & the club's treatment of some very committed fans who paid a lot of money for a service that is no longer being delivered in the manner promised.

I assume that the club will justify it by saying that payments and contracts were held with CCFC Limited which no longer exists, so tough luck to everybody who bought one.

J

Jack Griffin

I would like Simon Gilbert to get a statement from the club & compare that to what PSL holders have been told, I think that could be the basis of an article.

chiefdave

I would like Simon Gilbert to get a statement from the club & compare that to what PSL holders have been told, I think that could be the basis of an article.

Didn't the CT cover this months ago? Think there was a group of PSL owners threatening legal action.

shy_tall_knight

The club's silence on this is strange, a statement stating that the PSLs would be replaced in the fanatasy fisher bowl would surely have knocked this on the head or are they avoiding it because they can't be bothered

olderskyblue

Didn't the CT cover this months ago? Think there was a group of PSL owners threatening legal action.

Could this be what's holding up the liquidation of CCFC Ltd?

Astute

Lol
Not me !!

10,800? I remember the days when I thought a gate that low for a home game for us was very poor :whistle:

Fair play to Luton. Good to see them back in the FL. Their fans have been through a lot in recent years. Might even be only a year before we play them again.

Skyblueweeman

So...my brick in the stadium that I paid about £50 for...can I get that back?! "CCFC for ever" looks pretty f*&king stupid now....

WM

Astute

If we all took our bricks back it would reduce the cost of a new stadium :D

CCFC PimpRail

Perhaps the seat & brick issue is something CCC/ACL could take up at the judicial review...? I know it's more complicated than who has done the most wrongs, but the whole thing sounds like the playground bully running to the teacher.

Users who are viewing this thread