So we need a no9, who, and by what means? (1 Viewer)

steve82

It's clear we need a new strike partner for Marc McNulty if we're gonna make the play off push a little easier.

Max Biamou does the ugly aspects but is somewhat finding it hard to score, I'd personally like a similar type of striker to come in as this league is more suited to and needs one.

Would you like another target man?
Would a young loan be any better?
A journey man on loan or short term deal till the summer?
Options are limited in January and are notoriously difficult to get targets in especially at this level.

Who would you like to see us get?
What's your answer to the issues?

I'll kick it off with Alex Revel. He's 34 and returning from injury but still has what it needs. 18 month deal is offer.
Northampton just might wanna get him off the books as JFH looks to reshape his inherited squad.

Cavan O'Doherty

It's clear we need a new strike partner for Marc McNulty if we're gonna make the play off push a little easier.

Max Biamou does the ugly aspects but is somewhat finding it hard to score, I'd personally like a similar type of striker to come in as this league is more suited to and needs one.

Would you like another target man?
Would a young loan be any better?
A journey man on loan or short term deal till the summer?
Options are limited in January and are notoriously difficult to get targets in especially at this level.

Who would you like to see us get?

I'll kick it off with Alex Revel. He's 34 and returning from injury but still has what it needs. 18 month deal is offer.
Northampton just might wanna get him off the books as JFH looks to reshape his inherited squad.
And Williams. Not wanted at Doncaster and Robins likes him. The fee would be small as I believe his contracts up in the summer.

BackRoomRummermill

We already have the means, in that I mean that robins has a decent squad at his disposal, there is no wonder person that will arrive as if they were that good they would not be for hire. No he needs to work out with the resources he already has which are fairly superior to his peers in this league. Sort it out MR don't hide behind the win at Stoke, else the Taxi will be coming.

Someone idiot had a rant at me after the Carlisle win on here when I said we need to keep the pressure on Robins, its these very days that I refer too why I said it.

Paxman II

Carl baker a point in question...
He will inevitably chip in with a regular goal every few games. Make assist for fun and for that should be drafted in quickly unless of course he is not the player he was?
Something tells me he likes the shirt and given it, would perform.

BackRoomRummermill

Carl baker a point in question...
He will inevitably chip in with a regular goal every few games. Make assist for fun and for that should be drafted in quickly unless of course he is not the player he was?
Something tells me he likes the shirt and given it, would perform.

AT the end of the day he is a proven footballer and it wont be an experiment

Grendel

Step up Darius Henderson (ideally staying on your feet at a crucial moment too)

Even at his lowest he was better than biamou.

higgs

Get the beast from Wycombe can't be on huge wages and would be a big loss to them and a massive signing for us until the end of the season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Legia Sky Blue

I've mentioned him before but John Akinde would be my target. He is a brute of a of a player, and with Barnet going nowhere at the moment they might sell for £100k or so. He has a great record in this league & isn't long back from injury, so probably won't be on the radar of too many other clubs.I know some will say it'll be a no go because of a transfer fee, but hopefully a cup windfall could cover it, notwithstanding the likelihood that if he pushes us on to promotion our crowds will increase & cover any money spent anyhow.

higgs

I've mentioned him before but John Akinde would be my target. He is a brute of a of a player, and with Barnet going nowhere at the moment they might sell for £100k or so. He has a great record in this league & isn't long back from injury, so probably won't be on the radar of too many other clubs.I know some will say it'll be a no go because of a transfer fee, but hopefully a cup windfall could cover it, notwithstanding the likelihood that if he pushes us on to promotion our crowds will increase & cover any money spent anyhow.
Would be a great signing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

larry_david

If ikpeazu is utter dogshit on the same amount of goals as mcnulty in the lowest scoring team in the division then wtf is biamou

steve82

So we've some suggestions good ones too that in ideal circumstances could be doable.

Alex Revell - Northampton
Andy Williams - Doncaster
Ricky Miller - Peterborough
Tom Pope - Port Vale
Adebayo Akinfenwa- Wycombe
Uche Ikpeazu - Cambridge
John Akinde - Barnet
Jack Dyche - Scunthorpe
Use/coach what he's got...

A handful of names, and seems the types of players people want are a target man, powerful type of player.
Generally most would cost a few quid in this window, some are or have been injured and returning to playing.

Some who would cost are free agents in the summer too, or you wouldn't pay a fee for due to there age and would be looking for there club to pay up there current deals which makes them unlikely.

Shows the challenges a manager faces in a January window unless any club fancies Stuart Beavon as part of a deal.

Hopefully James Maddison is sold and we can invest the windfall from his sale to get a suitable striker to give us goals and retain a rugged focal point of the side.

woody11462

I've mentioned him before but watching the highlights programme tonight it looks like he is carrying a lot more timber than usual around the gut area so not sure he is the immediate answer.

steve82

Eisa from Cheltenham looked very good.

We need a big lump of a striker. Maybe go in for James Collins again if/when Maddison is sold.

Not a chance will we go in for him let alone a Luton sell him to us!

Also I'd be amazed if we did go in and sign one of the 8+ target man type powerful goal scorers in this league.

Would send out a hell of a intention to the league if we did.

covcity4life

Id like a non league striker who wins headers and works hard from a club like sutton.....

Lol in l seriousness i would prefer a number 10. If we.make clear cut chsnces strikers eill.score more

Users who are viewing this thread