So, so unjust (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Ya we can. I agree

Unlikely tho when we can't defend counter attacks

Mucca Mad Boys

When the shots on goal tally was 13-4, and the shots tally was 25-7, it could be unjust in the sense that there were 13 shots going in, if it wasn't for the keeper/block.
Still think Crewe were more clinical, and our defence pushed too far forward and got carried away.

What stat matters in a match.

If it was 1-0 or even 2-0, I'd see where the OP was coming from, but we lost 3-0 and are probably out of the competition, it was embarrassing.

They were better at converting chances so they deserve their lead. End of.

Otis

If it was 1-0 or even 2-0, I'd see where the OP was coming from, but we lost 3-0 and are probably out of the competition, it was embarrassing.

How? Just don't get that argument at all. Even their keeper admitted we battered them.

They will think they were clinical and defended well, but were also very lucky.

Mucca Mad Boys

Oh yes you can! It was just not our night and remember saying towards the end of the first half that the ball was never going to enter their net.
Expected a goalless draw at that time but never a three nil reverse.

We. Conceded. Three. Fucking. Goals.

We played better, but, we got hammered, unjust my arse.

All of the defence were running around like headless chickens, in particular, Edj, he's a joke, he can fuck off, overrated.

Everything we shot at goal came off heads, knees, posts, butts and countless other parts of bodies. I felt we could have played for and other 60 mins and not scored with the look we were getting.

We played very well in my opinion and we came away having been entertained all be it without the correct scoreline.

Big shout out to the guy slating Frank all through the game with your mate (shame you didn't even know his name though)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Plenty of games from before Shrewsbury though CCFC-saying that I agree it has become more pronounced since McG's departure. The pressure on Clarke's shoulders is enormous and this doesn't help either-if another striker can't be found to ease it then Robins has to work overtime on the training ground to put it right.
It happened the odd time (Pompey at H) but I felt we were fairly clinical before the shrews game

Now it is happening every damn week

derbyskyblue

It was a classic smash and grab otis, simple as that. Yes we were the better team but its goals that win matches and we didnt get any, lots of chances ,shots etc but if you dont convert them.....
No doubt in my mind we are missing DMC bigtime.

Mucca Mad Boys

How? Just don't get that argument at all. Even their keeper admitted we battered them.

They will think they were clinical and defended well, but were also very lucky.

They kept a clean sheet, scored 3 goals, what positives can you take, our biggest home defeat of the season!

Shrews was unjust, today we got made to look silly.

Brighton Sky Blue

Suspect that the fact we have blown the best chance of reaching Wembley in over 25 years to tinpot Crewe, on the basis of coming up against yet another keeper in the form of his life, is what sparks such disbelief. People are still reeling so I'd take such posts with a pinch of salt.

Otis

I came away from that game not too despondent at all. Thought we played well, battered them for the most part, had most of the possession, 14 corners and 25 shots on goal.

What we didn't get was the rub of the green and the rebounds and 2nd ball falling to us in the box.

We could have quite clearly scored 5 goals today and should have too.

Mucca Mad Boys

It was a classic smash and grab otis, simple as that. Yes we were the better team but its goals that win matches and we didnt get any, lots of chances ,shots etc but if you dont convert them.....
No doubt in my mind we are missing DMC bigtime.

Even he missed goal scoring opportunities, Stevenage (A) was a pure example of this.

Stevearcade

looking for the silver lining is all I've ever known as a Coventry fan. Glass half full and all that. I agree with Otis. We could win the next leg with a 3+ goal advantage. We've had a pretty impressive away form under Robins. The lads must approach it like it's the game of their lives! Although, in some cases, I'm sure it really will be.

PUSB. Tonight we were robbed, but we must support the lads and see to it that we do to Crewe in two weeks, what they did to us tonight.

Mucca Mad Boys

Suspect that the fact we have blown the best chance of reaching Wembley in over 25 years to tinpot Crewe, on the basis of coming up against yet another keeper in the form of his life, is what sparks such disbelief. People are still reeling so I'd take such posts with a pinch of salt.

I might be a bit irrational because I'm incredibly pissed off and distraught, however, 3-0 is a 3-0, you don't concede 3 goals then feel sorry for yourself, if I were manager, I'd have 'locked them in the changing room' giving them the hairdryer.

Think Ferguson wouldn't give it the hairdryer if Man U lost to, say, Wigan, 3-0 despite them dominating?

Otis

Of course Robins should be giving them the hairdryer treatment.

We were wasteful in front of goal.

Brighton Sky Blue

I might be a bit irrational because I'm incredibly pissed off and distraught, however, 3-0 is a 3-0, you don't concede 3 goals then feel sorry for yourself, if I were manager, I'd have 'locked them in the changing room' giving them the hairdryer.

Think Ferguson wouldn't give it the hairdryer if Man U lost to, say, Wigan, 3-0 despite them dominating?

The difference is that United will have games like that very rarely throughout the course of a season. Throughout the season, and especially since McG left, we have consistently carved teams open (Tranmere aside), and failed to put away hatfuls of chances-when it happens time and time again it's different to a one-off poor performance. Dunn's confidence more than most will have taken a battering and if he starts against Yeovil (as seems likely), it's him I worry about more than the others.

Otis

We are poor against the counter attack.

Away from home we are the team on the counter attack.

It really is that simple.

Brighton Sky Blue

We are poor against the counter attack.

Away from home we are the team on the counter attack.

It really is that simple.

We have missed hatfuls home and away though. Bottom line is we aren't clinical enough!

WestEndAgro

Just watched the goals again, "The Edge" was at fault for two of the goals, poor defending, but I agree with Otis, we had absolutely now luck tonight, it could and should have been very different, sadly we ended up with a good hiding.
Three nil down at half time, can we come back ? Unlikely, but we can't completely rule it out, who in their right mind would have picked tonights result.

Otis

I still believe we can do it.

We will need an early goal though.

Get an early goal and it will ruffle a few feathers I think and could have Crew nervy.

We know we are capable of scoring 3 goals away from home. We know we can.

Gaz

With us being 3-0 down, we can't and wont counter attack at Crewe.
We have got to go there and go all out attack, which will just play right into there hands.

I don't see anyway back from this.

Otis

Yep.

All we need to do is get that important first goal and Crewe will get nervy and they will know the same scenario as last night, will 99 times out of a 100 not result in the same scoreline for sure!

We play like we did last night in the return leg and we will score at least 3 I am sure of it.

Users who are viewing this thread