So, so unjust (2 Viewers)

Otis

There is no way we should have lost that match, let alone lose it 3-0.

I am not too despondent however. We play that same way again for the return leg and we can quite easily win 3-0 ourselves.

I thought we played well, apart from our defensive problems yet again. This we must address before we can even consider making the top 6.

Very good going forwards, dodgy at the back. We lack pace at the back and while we continue to play the likes of Richard Wood we are going to continually suffer and be beaten for pace.

We did play well and it is still not over. I am very confident we can win at Gresty Road. Whether we can win by 3 clear goals i don't know, but we just need to go up there all guns blazing.

covcity4life

quite easily win 3-0?

we canbt keep a clean sheet,defenders retreeat rather than close down and you think we canb win 3-0?

were we unluvky to score? yes!

unlcuky to concede? nope...poor defensive decisions and a shit goalkeeper

Grendel

No chance. We will let goals in. Shocking defence I'm afraid.

Speng

Poor poor , we cannot keep a clean sheet , we cannot score , simple really ,

Otis

Play that game over again though and we could have easily had 5 or 6 goals.

Yes, we can win by 3 clear goals. Course we can.

Our away form has been very, very good. Get an early goal in the 2nd leg and Crewe could start wobbling.

Otis

Poor poor , we cannot keep a clean sheet , we cannot score , simple really ,

We cannot score? What are you talking about? We have scored 2 goals in each of the last 3 games.

We now have 51 goals in 31 games. Course we can score!

The CableGuy

Hopefully Crewe will do a #IWillBeThere video and that will curse them too.

The lack of clean sheets is getting to be a joke. It wouldn't be so bad if we were more clinical up front.

Still, an early goal and who knows? Trouble is Crewe can sit back and hit us on the break. Good thing away goals don't count. :(

derbyskyblue

of course we can score otis....but 3?
Crewe can just camp out in front of goal, and there keeper is no slouch. I admire your spirit but, not so sure myself.

Otis

Crewe will not camp out in front of their own goal in the home leg. No way! Not in front of their own fans they won't.

kepit 2 yusen

I think the hurdle is now too much. Due to our poor defence I can see us conceding at least one more at Crewe, we don't seem to do clean sheets and they are a good side.
Is it me or does Clarke just jog about a bit too much, he doesn't look sharp and didn't anticipate very well tonight in my opinon, he seemed a bit behind the play at times. We don't have the killer striker mentality up front wih the matching ability. Lots of shots but the majority just off target and don't count. Not saying we didn't have any but their keeper was too good.
I'm not raising my hopes for the next leg as I feel gutted having just witnessed 3 badly defended attacks on goal.

Otis

Yet we could have scored 6.

We gave their defence the run around. No reason to believe we can't do that again at Gresty Road.

skyblu3sk

All in all thought we played well, Clarke seemed knackered towards the end and I thought the subs didn't bring much to the party in fact I thought we were having more joy before hand. Gutted we lost but their defense were A: Superb B: Lucky

Otis

The subs just didn't come off at all and added nothing.

Gamble worth trying though. The players had given everything.

Today we just didn't get the rub of the green.

I thought we could have had a penalty in the first 20 seconds when Baker was bundled over. Anywhere else on the pitch and that would have been a clear foul. The ref bottled it though so early in the game.

kingharvest

I think we panicked when it wasn't going our way and just lost our shape.

I don't think 442 suits us and certainly not with moussa and Jennings in the middle. We needed bailey to calm it down a bit and remain patient. We just pushed on so much that we left big gaps.

Fair play to Crewe as well, keeper had one of those nights, and I don't think they misplaced a pass or a touch all night. (Bar that cross)

Just quite deflating that we didn't freeze (my big fear) yet still managed to cock it up

SkyBlue_Bear83

Based on the first 75 mins we could definitely win by 3 goals. Based on the last 15 it could get ugly for us

There keeper had an outstanding game, must have made about 5 top saves where 9/10 times the same chance results in a goal

Brighton Sky Blue

If Crewe score even once in the return leg it turns 'very difficult' into nigh on impossible. Tonight above all recent games is a perfect example of how profligacy in front of goal will cost a team dear regardless of how many chances it creates or how much it controls possession-this has been happening all season long and it urgently needs fixing.

Skyblue86

If tonight doesn't make Robins dip into the loan market and get a striker then nothing will. Clarke was poor tonight and despite scoring twice on Friday was poor then too.

Tonight had nothing to do with the "rub of the green", it was down to squandered chances and shocking defending.

We need a striker to partner Elliott

SkyBlue_Bear83

If Crewe score even once in the return leg it turns 'very difficult' into nigh on impossible. Tonight above all recent games is a perfect example of how profligacy in front of goal will cost a team dear regardless of how many chances it creates or how much it controls possession-this has been happening all season long and it urgently needs fixing.
I wouldn't say it has been happening all season, I hate to bring him back up but in November an December with Mcgoldrick we were putting away nearly every chance that came our way

It is only since the Shrewsbury game that we have been struggling badly to convert chances into goals

Otis

Had loads to do with the rub of the green.

Baker's shot that hit the post could so quite easily have gone in and the balls from the rebounds and saves weren't quite just falling for us.

No way we had the rub of the green tonight. some poor finishing, great keeping, but lots of ill luck too.

Otis

You can't lose 3-0 and say it's unjust.

Of course you can.

Cos there is no way we should have lost that game 3-0. Ian Wallace said that exact same thing at the final whistle. He said we should have won that game and deserved to win that game.

The result was unjust.

I recall going to Stoke away, many, many years ago and we were all over them. They counter attacked 4 times and we lost 4-0. that was very unjust too.

Brighton Sky Blue

I wouldn't say it has been happening all season, I hate to bring him back up but in November an December with Mcgoldrick we were putting away nearly every chance that came our way

It is only since the Shrewsbury game that we have been struggling badly to convert chances into goals

Plenty of games from before Shrewsbury though CCFC-saying that I agree it has become more pronounced since McG's departure. The pressure on Clarke's shoulders is enormous and this doesn't help either-if another striker can't be found to ease it then Robins has to work overtime on the training ground to put it right.

covcity4life

Stop with name on cup crap tho Otis

We didn't deserve a clean sheet, stop acting like we were spectacular

Performance suggested a 2-1 or 3-1 win. We didn't get it. No one to blame but ourselves

jabharty

You can't lose 3-0 and say it's unjust.
When the shots on goal tally was 13-4, and the shots tally was 25-7, it could be unjust in the sense that there were 13 shots going in, if it wasn't for the keeper/block.
Still think Crewe were more clinical, and our defence pushed too far forward and got carried away.

Otis

But I still believe we can turn this around.

I really do.

We scored 4 at Doncaster and 5 at Hartlepool and at times tonight we were running rings around their defence.

I have no doubt whatsoever that we can go there and score 3 goals. Defence is a problem for sure, but we can score 3.

Users who are viewing this thread