So now we know (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

This isn’t news?

We knew this already. It was blatantly obvious. Have I missed something?

I await a flurry of Shmmeee tweets! LOL.

torchomatic

So let’s get this straight.

The Indemnity covers only the Council. And they are the ones insisting on it.

The Council are the soul reason we are not playing in Cov.

They drew first blood long before SISU came and continue to do so.

Yep. They refused to reduce the rent in December 2005, years before SISU were on the scene. They've always tried to hamstring the football club.

torchomatic

shmmeee

so - Indemnity or no indemnity - What is the difference between us playing at the Ricoh or not. Irrespective of any indemnity, surely it is in all parties interests for us to be playing at the Ricoh ?

No. It’s in Wasps interests to protect themselves from losing the Ricoh. That’s worth more to them than any short term cash from CCFC sadly.

Likewise it’s in Sisus interests to keep that option open, they stand to gain more than any short term losses at Brum.

didn't wasps say that talks breaking down was nothing to do with indemnity?

They said there wasn’t an indemnity. Seems like word play about the difference between “indemnity” and “protect from future legal action”

D

Deleted member 4439

What role would CCC have on discussions for us to play at the Ricoh?

chiefdave

The parties on the NDA are Wasps, CCFC, Delaware North and Andy Street
Makes wasps there’s too many parties line a little disingenuous
Indeed it does Pete.

Absolutely no reason Wasps can't say they're fine with the NDA being dropped and I can't really see a reason Street, if he was there as an independent mediator, would object to it being dropped so are we really supposed to believe it all hinges on Delaware being worried we'll find out there's a huge mark up on the burgers?

Would anybody have an issue with documents being released with anything relating to cost of F&B being redacted, would doubt it.

Last edited:

MalcSB

Not saying they aren’t disingenuous, but what’s the outright lie? We still don’t know details of the indemnity and how it would impact CCFC. Wasps have said all along they want wider indemnity.

We all suspected they were hiding behind the caterers. That was disingenuous but not technically a lie.

We are all up in arms if they want something that threatens the future of CCFC, but we don’t know if that’s true yet. Would a promise not to sue CCC in the future threaten our future? As I say on here it was out that we can’t stop the state aid case so it was an unfair risk to indemnify it. This confirms it’s not the state aid case but a future action Sisu would take. I fail to see how that threatens CCFCs future. I couldn’t care less if Sisu can’t sue it doesn’t help the club.

Disingenuous - Not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

From wasps statement - "However, Wasps did not insist on an indemnity clause as has been claimed – this claim is simply false.”

That is a lie, it would be disingenuous to say otherwise.

jordan210

I wonder how the council offices are this morning.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: TTG

MalcSB

interesting. A little more clarity

Neither side out right lied or told the whole truth. Quelle surprise.

I also believe there is a time limit of 6 years for any civil court case. a claim against ccc would run out by end of this year In that case I would guess. I assume wasps would be required to participate?

From wasps statement - "However, Wasps did not insist on an indemnity clause as has been claimed – this claim is simply false.”

That is a lie, it would be disingenuous to say otherwise

shmmeee

Disingenuous - Not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

That is a lie, it would be disingenuous to say otherwise.

It’s not a lie. It’s word play. We don’t know what “indemnity” means still.

Sisu claimed it would destroy the club, making is all think it was the state aid indemnity. Clearly it’s not.

Grendel

That is a lie, it would be disingenuous to say otherwise

They’d probably say the council insisted on it or a company that owns wasps holdings

shmmeee

Indeed it does Pete.

Absolutely no reason Wasps can't say they're fine with the NDA being dropped and I can't really see a reason Street, if he was there as an independent mediator, would object to it being dropped so are we really supposed to believe it all hinges on the Delaware being worried we'll find out there's a huge mark up on the burgers?

Would anybody have an issue with documents being released with anything relating to cost of F&B being redacted, would doubt it.

Exactly. IMO forget the NDA. Ask Wasps and Sisu outright to make public the requirements Wasps are putting on Sisu.

Then we can all make our minds up as to whether they’re unreasonable for CCFC or just for Sisu.

Grendel

Sisu claimed it would destroy the club, making is all think it was the state aid indemnity. Clearly it’s not.

well I would say the clubs concern would be if the outcome of the EC complaint went in their favour any subsequent payments made by wasps to the council will mean the club is having to pay it on wasps behalf

Nick

Administrator
Ah! It is being said it didn’t include Wasps?

Getting it now!

What time was this on CWR does anyone know? I’d like to listen

Yeah, he seems to think it was an indemnity for Wasps but CCC.

That's even stranger, even though I think they are cunts I get why they want their money covered. To want it for CCC is a bit strange.

shmmeee

well I would say the clubs concern would be if the outcome of the EC complaint went in their favour any subsequent payments made by wasps to the council will mean the club is having to pay it on wasps behalf

But we’ve just had it confirmed it’s not Wasps being indemnified? How would an indemnity for CCC mean Sisu (not the club) have to pay that?

MalcSB

No. It’s in Wasps interests to protect themselves from losing the Ricoh. That’s worth more to them than any short term cash from CCFC sadly.

Likewise it’s in Sisus interests to keep that option open, they stand to gain more than any short term losses at Brum.

They said there wasn’t an indemnity. Seems like word play about the difference between “indemnity” and “protect from future legal action”
Dictionaries are wonderful things.

Definition of Indemnity - Security against or exemption from legal liability for one's actions. There is no difference so how can it be word play. Wasps are lying.

Nick

Administrator
But we’ve just had it confirmed it’s not Wasps being indemnified? How would an indemnity for CCC mean Sisu (not the club) have to pay that?

Maybe CCC are indemnifying Wasps as part of the deal in some weird way?

Grendel

What we don’t know is what such an indemnity means - it can easily be worded so any party impacted by the legal action caused by the complaint is duly compensated - wasps technically would still be correct as wasps have never had any action against them but would be impacted.

shmmeee

Yeah, he seems to think it was an indemnity for Wasps but CCC.

That's even stranger, even though I think they are cunts I get why they want their money covered. To want it for CCC is a bit strange.

I don’t think it is. But we’re all grasping around in the legal dark. Makes sense to me that a general “back off the Ricoh shit” indemnity would be about action against CCC. But we don’t know the details. Is there something Sisu can do that would force Wasps out by suing CCC? No idea but they must think so.

Would be good to ask CCC under what circumstances Wasps might be forced out and can they protect against that themselves. Or just to outright say they don’t need indemnity because they’re big boys.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t think it is. But we’re all grasping around in the legal dark. Makes sense to me that a general “back off the Ricoh shit” indemnity would be about action against CCC. But we don’t know the details. Is there something Sisu can do that would force Wasps out by suing CCC? No idea but they must think so.

Would be good to ask CCC under what circumstances Wasps might be forced out and can they protect against that themselves. Or just to outright say they don’t need indemnity because they’re big boys.

IF it is true, why wouldn't they include themselves?

It's been obvious for years the council still have a lot of influence, especially when their owner wants to be a property developer. Back scratching.

torchomatic

Ah....word play....

djr8369

Why is it clearly not the state aid indemnity?

shmmeee

IF it is true, why wouldn't they include themselves?

It's been obvious for years the council still have a lot of influence, especially when their owner wants to be a property developer. Back scratching.

Yeah that’s weird. Maybe Wasps think that’s not the plan? I wish we had someone with good legal knowledge who could lay out what Sisus plan to get the Ricoh could be. We’re all just going “it might be something”.

Come on someone leak the indemnity!

Grendel

Why is it clearly not the state aid indemnity?

Technically that’s a complaint and any future action off it is new legal action

Users who are viewing this thread