So Much for Ricoh Return (2 Viewers)

ccfc92

It sounds like you would rather we had stayed in Northampton? Most of your posts when we were there sounded like you were a pig in muck.

SISU made a massive mistake when moving us. Football is in the leisure market,a very competitive field...however because of fan loyalty etc., the FL, FA, Clubs, players and owners like SISU think they can take the fans for granted.

People are finding more and more, there are alternatives, that not only offer equal or often more entertainment...but those alternatives are actually cheaper!

I was loyal to a Coventry team yesterday that actually won, played their game with flair and imagination, was welcomed along with my guests and nobody was bitching about how many games we had or had not attended in the last 12 months.

When I grew up supporting CCFC, it didn't matter how many games you went to, you were either a fan or you weren't. You were accepted and respected regardless. Tossers like you and Andreas B have killed the club along with SISSU....you should be proud and grateful of the fans who went to games at Wembley on 2 occasions and went to the Ricoh for the Crewe and Gillingham games.

That pretty much sums up RFC :claping hands:

skybluelee

Another thing that has affected attendance is the lack of a direct debit facility... just in my group of five, two have been unable to buy a st because they can't afford the £315 up front.
Think its very easy when you have a disposable income, to forget how much that kinda money is. It's a weeks wage for most of our fans, probably more in many cases.

The 6-12 match packages are really good value.

Hobo

Can I just point out what really kicked me off as a Coventry Fan....my school got free tickets to Coventry vs Liverpool. Not the best match 0-0 I think. But from that point on I started going regularly, Coventry was my team. Yes there were better teams who played better football, but they were my team, they were accessible, I could actually go and watch them and when they won it felt so good.

All sorts of things have damaged our fanbase. CCFC have to be creative in getting them back. With all the problems over sending out tickets etc since our return, a problem the club found so hard to cope with, yet the answer was so simple. After training every squad member should have been down the shop addressing envelopes and putting tickets in them. If they want support and bums on seats they would have gladly done it, I am amazed they didn't suggest it.

What a wonderful opportunity, to clear the backlog and make fans feel wanted. They could have popped in a little personal message...thanks for support etc. signed. Players name.

does that really take a marketing genius. Players need to get nearer the community.

duffer

In fairness to the club, I think they are getting the message to some degree - all the bitching about the "lost 20,000" comes from a segment of the fans.

What worries me, is that it feels we're trying to run everything on a shoestring - the squad, the club shop, and the operational back-office side (hence all of the ticketing hassles).

Not for the first time I'm wondering if SISU have actually been burning money on the JR because that's their last hope of getting anything out of the club, and they've basically given up on investing in anything else to do with the club. Just a thought...

Nick

Administrator
In fairness to the club, I think they are getting the message to some degree - all the bitching about the "lost 20,000" comes from a segment of the fans.

What worries me, is that it feels we're trying to run everything on a shoestring - the squad, the club shop, and the operational back-office side (hence all of the ticketing hassles).

Not for the first time I'm wondering if SISU have actually been burning money on the JR because that's their last hope of getting anything out of the club, and they've basically given up on investing in anything else to do with the club. Just a thought...

The club shop looks modern to be fair, there are staff there just doesn't seem to be any organisation :(

J

Jack Griffin

I guess that is what it takes to run the club at break even.
Or is it being run at a profit to enable SISU/ARVO to recoup some of their losses?
We will not be able to tell until the next accounts next Feb, (if they are filed this time).

NorthernWisdom

Players need to get nearer the community.

As an aside, when this was all kicking off this was one of the things I pointed out to the club, and to their credit they did come back with a whole bunch of things they were doing...

Shame they seem incapable of making what they *do* do visible to you me and the dog however!

Warwickhunt

I still do not see an improvement on the Web site for Ticketing sales, surely this is the first area to address so that they can actually maximise the ticket sales. People cannot afford to go and Queue as they work, they still have not sorted out the corporate prawn sadnwich brigade either! i sat there on Saturday and looked across and all the lights were out so its either the nergotiations with ACL/CCC & Wasps holding things up or SISU still have not got their shit together regarding the marketing. The Decision to ultimately leave the Ricoh for the open plains of Norfamptun did far more damage than just alienate the fans methinks

Travs

I wonder if people's views have changed towards those who attended Sixfields.... the 'tiny selfish minority' who now make up close to 25% of our hardcore support, and a significant proportion of our away support.

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if people's views have changed towards those who attended Sixfields.... the 'tiny selfish minority' who now make up close to 25% of our hardcore support, and a significant proportion of our away support.

Or the ones who had a go at people who went to Sixfields but don't bother to go themselves now we are back...

skybluebeduff

RFC, So much for the Ricoh Return now too huh? The home that all Coventry City fans wanted to call their 2nd 'home' has now been sold to a rugby club.

It leaves our future once again with uncertainty.

How can you expect taxpaying CCFC fans to return to a stadium that they thought was their home?

You are the most blinded person I've seen on this forum.

A never ending tunnel with no light to be seen.

Shine us a light RFC.

italiahorse

RFC, So much for the Ricoh Return now too huh? The home that all Coventry City fans wanted to call their 2nd 'home' has now been sold to a rugby club.

It leaves our future once again with uncertainty.

How can you expect taxpaying CCFC fans to return to a stadium that they thought was their home?

You are the most blinded person I've seen on this forum.

A never ending tunnel with no light to be seen.

Shine us a light RFC.

Its not been sold. ACL will be owned by Wasps, the buildings are still owned by CCC

Users who are viewing this thread