So, league favourites tomorrow night (1 Viewer)

sky_blue_up_north

No, we must win our home games and beat the other 'top' sides

Paxman II

Draw is a banker I think. Unfortunately that will be 2 from 6 and not quite hitting the ground running. Maybe for once I'm being pessimistic.
I don't think Utd offer much in attack tbh. First home game we must come out with no fear and sod it with all guns blazing. We must just go for wins in this league.
Southampton did it at Man City. They didn't sit back and get slaughtered did they? If they keep playing like that they will stay up for sure. We need to do the same!

smileycov

Facebook User
Hmm, i would settle for draw. It is early days so keep unbeaten and start to gel. Victory's will come in time. Be nice to win but i think avoiding defeat must be priority. Saying that do not want us sitting back and hoping for it. just play the game and see where it takes us.

thechase

I dont overly rate Sheffield, and neither does my mate who watches them every week. They didnt look threatening in the play offs last season and lost a few key players over the summer. Id be disappointed with a draw.

Otis

Damn right I would settle of the draw.

They are favourites for the title for a reason. A draw would be very good indeed.

Diehard Si

If we are going to be serious about this league, this is a 6 pointer. Just because it's early in the season doesn't make it less important.

Being the home team we need to win or give them the advantage.

I don't feel like we are performing to the level expected however. While a draw shouldn't be considered good enough, right now I'd probably take it.

We will get a good indication of where we are tomorrow anyway.

pusbccfc

Well with Fleck injured we will struggle.
Baker needs to step up to the job. We need to go for it.

wolfie

A win will boost confidence in the team. If we beat them we can beat anyone. A draw is no good, we need to hit this league hard and not leave it untill the last few games. I'm
Going for a 2:1 win

C

Clive Plattini

Wouldn't mind a draw. Would just like to see us have more than 35% possession.

Black6Osprey

A draw with a good performance would be okay but we really need to get the wins at home as I think away we are still going to be more miss than hit.

Interesting to see what changes are made with Fleck defo out now and the defence looking very vulnerable on Saturday I thought.

AFCCOVENTRY

One of our main title rivals. I am sorry but a win is a minimum. If Thorn and the team are serious about promotion then anything less than win is a poor result.

Sky Blue Sheepy

These players are better than theirs and we someone who can make himself chances from nothing in Cody. The finishes were poor on Saturday but he has and will get goals. Never too early for a must win. They have lost some great players. All down to how we're setup I fear

Last edited:

AFCCOVENTRY

Cody got into great positions against Yeovil.

The guy is warming up. Put a £10 on him scoring 2 goals against the blades tomorrow.

We have better players than all the teams. It's just the time factor we have to get this new team to gel.

For me Baker is in for Fleck tomorrow. Mcsheffrey looks out of it right now.

Sawyer

We have to be aiming to win all our games especially at home! I would take the draw but biting my lips, I want nothing but 3 points and a good performance!

Céu Azul

I think Sheff United are massively overrated. I'm more confident about winning this than I was about the Yeovi game. I think we'll see a better performance.

Otis

Massively overrated?

They finished just short of automatic promotion on the very last day last season, only lost 10 games all season, amassed 90 pts, scored 92 goals and had a + goal difference of 41.

:confused::confused:

Otis

Yes, fair enough, I understand that, but they are still favourites for promotion and just wonder why they are massively overrated.

Sick Boy

We need to be looking for the win.

A defeat will make the game on Saturday interesting, if the players are nervous away at Yeovil, then I am not sure they will cope needing to win at home against Bury.

Grendel

We need to be looking for the win.

A defeat will make the game on Saturday interesting, if the players are nervous away at Yeovil, then I am not sure they will cope needing to win at home against Bury.

A defeat would make Saturday very interesting.

ajsccfc

A draw would be ok objectively speaking when you consider the opposition, but balls to that. Show me we mean business for once, City.

I'm getting almost excited that we've got a proper game, even if it is against a team that's too familiar for all the new faces we get to see this season.

Nonleagueherewecome

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I just can't understand the mentality of "being happy with a draw"? It's ONE point! I expect to see the City go for it every game and win! If they only get a draw I'm always downhearted - it's two points lost as far as I can see. And a loss - well, that's just devastating, especially at home! I want OUT of this league and back to where I've watched the City for most of my supporting life - in the top tier! So sod wanting a bloody draw! :mad:

Otis

No-one wants a draw Houch.

Just predicting what might happen and that it could be a decent result for us against one of the favourites to win the league.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Yes, fair enough, I understand that, but they are still favourites for promotion and just wonder why they are massively overrated.

A lot of their points were accumulated when Ched Evans was there, they really struggled when they lost him.

I think we will win one nil Cody.

skybluelee

Massively overrated?

They finished just short of automatic promotion on the very last day last season, only lost 10 games all season, amassed 90 pts, scored 92 goals and had a + goal difference of 41.

:confused::confused:

Didnt ched evans score about 75% of their goals and isnt he in prison mow?

Users who are viewing this thread