So if this is a forced takeover... (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

No idea to be honest but I resent us being dictated to by another hedge fund trying to distress the club.

If it truly came to us having nowhere to go, I would probably liquidate the club and start again.

Perhaps then our fans and the footballing world would finally wake up to what has happened to us.

I assume by liquidating though the golden share would still get sold off?

Grendel

Back in Northampton?
To sustain the model of self sufficient over there you would need to be out of the league
I don't think even division 4 would cut it on those crowds

Let's say hypothetically they managed to get permission to play at the Butts with a restricted crowd that met safety conditions.

Could sell out every week and would easily with court investors tough it out.

Sisu are going nowhere despite this captain mainwaring attempt at a coup.

dongonzalos

Let's say hypothetically they managed to get permission to play at the Butts with a restricted crowd that met safety conditions.

Could sell out every week and would easily with court investors tough it out.

Sisu are going nowhere despite this captain mainwaring attempt at a coup.

Yes you would sell out the Butts even in division 4.
However if you are going to do that for 5?years why hold on to the club it is risk that could cost you money you could sell the golden share and still continue your litigation

Otis

I presume that ccfc is a small part of their overall portfolio and therefore if I was them, and we were self-sustainable, I would probably wait around in the hope that we actually manage to fluke a promotion or two.

The ridiculous thing is, is that in its present state, and coupled with the behaviour of wasps and ccc, we are now even less attractive to any prospective owners. Considering how hostile the ccc are to the club, why wold anyone want to get involved?!

But that is irrelevant now.

What is relevant is that Wasps, along with their cronies want to destroy us.

We have to fight them.
Don't wish to keep banging on about it, but it is Sisu people have set out to destroy, not Coventry City. They don't want to destroy the football team, just the owners.

Unfortunately we are right in the middle of the firing line

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

67tuck

......a takeover by a Wasps Consortium is what i'm hearing down Broadstreet Rugby Club, suppose Hoffman, Elliott & Ranson could be involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Don't wish to keep banging on about it, but it is Sisu people have set out to destroy, not Coventry City. They don't want to destroy the football team, just the owners.

They arent going to succeed though and the only thing to suffer is the club

Ian1779

Maybe that's not the intention as such, but they have no regard for the collateral damage in achieving their aims.

Nick

Administrator

Very naive to think that to be fair Otis, there is a lot of collateral in all of it and they would have known full well.

Sick Boy

......a takeover by a Wasps Consortium is what i'm hearing down Broadstreet Rugby Club, suppose Hoffman, Elliott & Ranson could be involved

So we could be taken over by yet another hedge, and not just any hedge fund, one that moved a club 90 miles away from its home. Then we have Ranson, the man who brought sisu to the club in the first place and made a complete mess of running the club and wasted millions of pounds. The less that's said about Hoffman and Ellis the better.

Otis

I like the cunning plan.

Be all for Wasps taking us over. We get successful, become bigger than them and then we kick them out and all the way back to London. ;)

chiefdave

We all want sisu gone but what gives the council and wasps the right to play God with the club and bring in a owner of their choice??!!
We've been here before. We ended up with a points deduction and in Northampton.

Also SISU don't need to be the owners of CCFC to continue legal action. If they are forced out there will be no leverage over them to try and bring things to a halt.

Samo

But Otis, they certainly don't seem to care that the club will be the collateral damage, is that ok?

Otis

But Otis, they certainly don't seem to care that the club will be the collateral damage, is that ok?
No, course not, but the council and Higgs are saying they simply cannot work with these people.

Obvious answer is for Sisu to go, but can any of us see that happening?

Grendel

Yes you would sell out the Butts even in division 4.
However if you are going to do that for 5?years why hold on to the club it is risk that could cost you money you could sell the golden share and still continue your litigation

You can't sell a golden share.

As stated the legal action and the funding will not cost a penny,

Samo

No, course not, but the council and Higgs are saying they simply cannot work with these people.

No. But the club needs to be kept alive and the other parties need to get over their spite and understand that every blow against SISU at the moment is a blow against the club and as such, not acceptable and NOT what was promised.

Moff

The way they work, I think its unlikely, although I hope they just go.

SISU will not want to be dictated to in this way by the Council, Wasps, Higgs etc, and sadly I can see them battening down the hatches and becoming more entrenched. I just hope all those whooping about the apparent demise of SISU, remember this when the club is at an even lower ebb than it is now, as I can just see this getting worse, and SISU staying put.

Nick

Administrator

So they go and then what?

Are they going to take the Ricoh back off Wasps and give the new owners it? Are they going to suddenly save the academy?

The club has been damaged for far longer than SISU will be here.

Grendel

Which owners of the club have the council and Higgs worked with? The prior directors are very disparaging about them.

dongonzalos

The way they work, I think its unlikely, although I hope they just go.

SISU will not want to be dictated to in this way by the Council, Wasps, Higgs etc, and sadly I can see them battening down the hatches and becoming more entrenched. I just hope all those whooping about the apparent demise of SISU, remember this when the club is at an even lower ebb than it is now, as I can just see this getting worse, and SISU staying put.

Is this whooping just in the CET and Twitter
I can't see any of it here

Nick

Administrator
Is this whooping just in the CET and Twitter
I can't see any of it here

Dongo, honestly this place is so tame. Whether it is the extreme of RFC or somebody at the other end of the scale to hating SISU it is nothing compared to others in the big wide world!

Grendel

Grendel

Is Grendel referring to the notion that the legal action isn't costing SISU as they have an 'insurance' in as far as its no win no fee?

Or something like that....?

Third party litigation funding - the funny thing is - as I am sure edits now - this will have been committed and legal action is no longer able to be withdrawn.

skybluetony176

Why would anyone want the hedge fund that owns Wasps to own us? Didn't they enquire about the Ricoh before they even owned Wasps?

They showed complete disregard for their fans, our club and city. They would be just as likely to squeeze as much money out of the club as possible to pump into Wasp.

If you truly believe that they were interested in the Ricoh before they even bought Wasps how do you know it wasn't always about CCFC and Wasps were actually just a vehicle to gain control of the Ricoh and then through a tactic of out SISUing SISU distress them to gain control of CCFC and obtain what was always wanted in the first place. Ownership of both ACL and CCFC? Just saying.

Besides, it costs a lot less to run a premier league Rugby club than it does a football club. Maybe even a league one football club. There's always the chance that money will be squeezed out of Wasps and pumped into CCFC.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not sure about that anymore, think it started like that but think the line blurred a while back. If SISU were to leave tomorrow I'm not sure anything would change with regards to the ccc and higgs position on the football club.

Bill Glazier

This is my first post here for months but at last things are looking interesting. Like many I've lost interest to some extent, only been to three matches over the last season and have been waiting for change. It looks like there is a concerted plan from CCC and allies to rid CCFC of these appalling owners, and I for one will crack open a bottle of fizzy the day they leave. Sisu have nowhere to go and must surely soon get bored with squandering money on hopeless litigation. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut and ran quite suddenly. PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread