So if this is a forced takeover... (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
This is my first post here for months but at last things are looking interesting. Like many I've lost interest to some extent, only been to three matches over the last season and have been waiting for change. It looks like there is a concerted plan from CCC and allies to rid CCFC of these appalling owners, and I for one will crack open a bottle of fizzy the day they leave. Sisu have nowhere to go and must surely soon get bored with squandering money on hopeless litigation. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut and ran quite suddenly. PUSB

Would you not want to see what sort of state the football club is in before cracking open a bottle of fizzy?

Somebody else more interested in SISU than the actual football club.

Samo

This is my first post here for months but at last things are looking interesting. Like many I've lost interest to some extent, only been to three matches over the last season and have been waiting for change. It looks like there is a concerted plan from CCC and allies to rid CCFC of these appalling owners, and I for one will crack open a bottle of fizzy the day they leave. Sisu have nowhere to go and must surely soon get bored with squandering money on hopeless litigation. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut and ran quite suddenly. PUSB

Good luck with that.

italiahorse

Let's say hypothetically they managed to get permission to play at the Butts with a restricted crowd that met safety conditions.
Could sell out every week and would easily with court investors tough it out.
Sisu are going nowhere despite this captain mainwaring attempt at a coup.

They will be going it's just a matter of when.
They can take us where they want, they can liquidate us but at the end of the day they will go and we can start again at the bottom.
We as fans can't get rid of Sisu, but others seem now to be doing it for us.
CCFC and fans will continue to be collateral damage during this wrench from Sisu of our club..
If they had liquidated us 3 years ago we would have started possibly in L2 or Conference. But we would be back by now.
How low will Sisu let us go. There's more pain before we gain with these idiots.
Whoever takes us over (and I'm saying Wasps) will have no debt, a clean record and access to Wasps facilities.
The end game is here and bring it on.

Nick

Administrator
They will be going it's just a matter of when.
They can take us where they want, they can liquidate us but at the end of the day they will go and we can start again at the bottom.
We as fans can't get rid of Sisu, but others seem now to be doing it for us.
CCFC and fans will continue to be collateral damage during this wrench from Sisu of our club..
If they had liquidated us 3 years ago we would have started possibly in L2 or Conference. But we would be back by now.
How low will Sisu let us go. There's more pain before we gain with these idiots.
Whoever takes us over (and I'm saying Wasps) will have no debt, a clean record and access to Wasps facilities.
The end game is here and bring it on.

If we were liquidated we would have been nowhere near League 2.

Where is all of the debt going to go? "Access to Wasps facilities", surely if they took us over they would be ccfc facilities too, or would ccfc still be in the same position of being second fiddle and just having to ask?

dongonzalos

Dongo, honestly this place is so tame. Whether it is the extreme of RFC or somebody at the other end of the scale to hating SISU it is nothing compared to others in the big wide world!

Ha ha I am not going to look then
This is enough for me

Nick

Administrator
No high horse it was a genuine question, a few people had made reference to it on here. However I haven't witnessed it here.

For some reason a lot of the commenters on the telegraph wont come on here, it has seen as very pro sisu. The best comment was that this site was actually owned by SISU to promote them.

They obviously haven't seen the likes of you, Tony, Italia and many more. I'd like to say that right or wrong a lot of the time people on both sides on here do actually try to get their point across rather than just the aimless rants.

If you try and disagree with their often factually incorrect rants, you get people with 3 or 4 accounts having a go and then your post goes. (I have a feeling it is somebody playing the system rather than Simon sitting there removing them).

dongonzalos

These guys could not afford the club without big backing and I feel their moment has passed. Richard Keys lol
Sadly their all jokers who love the concept but can't deliver and have proved as much.

They did do an attempt but the club wasn't for sale.
Then the club bought itself out of adminstration.
I would guess we wouldn't see them again unless the club is genuinely for sale or genuinely in adminstration looking for new owners.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Definitely steering clear of that
Yes you get debates here
No question
As it should be.

But then not many people see that on here.

For example on the telegraph site you can vote for things, people post things like "Lets hope we get a win this weekend, PUSB" and people "downvote it".

Here are a couple:

There should be an Outstanding Contribution to Coventry award. And Peter Knatchbull-Hugessen gets it for me. What a star!

Just a question to the people saying this is not SISU's fault and trying to blame CCC, Wasps and now CFS and Higgs CHARITY - Why would CCFC need to move thier training base??

Because SISU SOLD Ryton off!! Not the Council, not Wasps, not The Alan Higgs CHARITY, but SISU. Now tell me this isn't their fault!!!!!

That's the impression people get if they see an article in our local paper, factually incorrect and the other one is a bit crazy.

Kingokings204

These guys could not afford the club without big backing and I feel their moment has passed. Richard Keys lol
Sadly their all jokers who love the concept but can't deliver and have proved as much.

Richard keys, remember when we going to Northampton and he was very vocal.

Sisu, just leave he said, just leave. That was 3 long years ago

Kingokings204

For example on the telegraph site you can vote for things, people post things like "Lets hope we get a win this weekend, PUSB" and people "downvote it".

Here are a couple:

That's the impression people get if they see an article in our local paper, factually incorrect and the other one is a bit crazy.

I always read the CT comments if nothing else just for a laugh. THey hate sisu and that's that. They hate them so much that they want the football team to lose every match. Bizarre but true.

Not sure whether they are made up comments or genuine. Probably both

dongonzalos

Here are a couple:

People down vote PUSB
Well that isn't a Cov fan surely ??

Nick

Administrator
I always read the CT comments if nothing else just for a laugh. THey hate sisu and that's that. They hate them so much that they want the football team to lose every match. Bizarre but true.

Not sure whether they are made up comments or genuine. Probably both

thats what I dont get.

I totally understand when it comes to SISU / CCC that everybody will disagree, but I don't think anybody on here could disagree or get angry with somebody hoping we win a game?

ccfc1234

Richard keys, remember when we going to Northampton and he was very vocal.

Sisu, just leave he said, just leave. That was 3 long years ago

Not sure what your point is tbh? Is it that Keys wanted SISU out like most the fan Base?
As mine was calling bullshi£ on the fact he was ever in a position to take the club over and was just seeking the limelight.

dongonzalos

Which did you see?
The latest article the response by the club to the Higgs clause.
Followed by a barrage of "deal with it SISU and get out of town about 10-11 comments all of the same nature even one making reference to the bombing in the war!!!

Otis

If we were liquidated we would have been nowhere near League 2.

Where is all of the debt going to go? "Access to Wasps facilities", surely if they took us over they would be ccfc facilities too, or would ccfc still be in the same position of being second fiddle and just having to ask?
Maybe liquidation is the plan.

Then we can indeed play at the Butts alongside Cov rugby club and not need any expansion.

rupert_bear

There is definitely something in the wind, all this hasn't just happened on a whim you can almost see the plan. Hostile takeover ? Maybe, it's become obvious the JR was vital to sisu. I think there is value in the football club now, okay no ground but can buy into that through shares
Why not share the plans?

I am pretty sure if they have a fantastic new owner lined up for us that is going to buy us a stadium, loads of good players, take us to the premier league then everybody will behind it won't they?

I'd certainly be behind replacing SISU and backing the plans to force them out if there's a plan there with a great owner waiting to swoop. Wouldn't every city fan? Nick asked where does the debt go, on truth Nick we don't know, administration again is my guess along with its -10 points again, might have to be the bottom line if accept to see sisu run out of town.

SkyblueBazza

So if that was the plan, why wouldn't they come out and say it? Why wouldn't they say how great they were going to make the football team again?
Tom echoes what I have said about Wasps since they came in. I said 4-5yrs time...we are roughly half way there.
They wouldn't tell of their future plans openly because the element of surprise would be lost. You have to strike when the moment is right for you.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

SkyblueBazza

So if it isn't targetted at the club either and it is just a side effect from Wasps being here, then the council and councillors should maybe be asked questions about this:

http://democraticservices.coventry.gov.uk/documents/s20568/Minutes - 07-10-14.pdf

As it could be seen as councillors being misinformed before asking to vote on something couldn't it?
If Wasps owners are being progressive & put strong secure plans on the table for the other parties involved (Higgs/Council)...you can't blame the other parties for accepting the plans rather than saying they want to include the football club's owners when they know they are a pain the the arse to deal with

Ian1779

If Wasps owners are being progressive & put strong secure plans on the table for the other parties involved (Higgs/Council)...you can't blame the other parties for accepting the plans rather than saying they want to include the football club's owners when they know they are a pain the the arse to deal with

By progressive you mean trying to establish themselves in a city where they don't belong.. And using everyone else's money except their own to do so.

italiahorse

By progressive you mean trying to establish themselves in a city where they don't belong.. And using everyone else's money except their own to do so.

You could argue that the decision for Wasps survival was the correct one.
The accounts over the next few years will show whether it was or not.
As for every body else's money, surely that's good business ?

ricohroar

Its like Sisu are holding a knife to CCFC throat, Threatening to cut it if demands are not met, following up the threats with actually cutting bits off until there is not much left. The other side are letting it happen, not giving in to demands.

At some point there will be nothing left to threaten with, no more bits to cut off, and the game will be over... or else demands will be met and we will continue on always knowing that we could be held hostage again at any point.

There is no nice way out of this unless one side steps down, and even then would we really be any better off as a football club? businesses most certainly would but the club itself is just a pawn in a game of stubbornness.

Ian1779

The accounts over the next few years will show whether it was or not.
As for every body else's money, surely that's good business ?

You really believe all the bullshit they tell you don't you?

Astute

You could argue that SISU's tactics have been the right ones.

You could argue that CCC were right to let Wasps have the arena.

You could argue that Higgs don't have to put our community first although they are a charity that says their aims are so.

Users who are viewing this thread