Sky sports to stream every EFL game (2 Viewers)

BornSlippySkyBlue

Why not just go for an extreme titanium stream app.

£80 a year and you get all the Sky Sports, all Sky Movies, all films that haven't even been made yet and to sleep with Jennifer Lawrence, her sister and all her cousins. You also get a free Fortnum and Mason hamper pack and a luxury yacht thrown in for good measure.

Taylor Swift also comes round and empties your bins every other Tuesday.
One question - are Jennifer Lawrence’s cousins all female? If so sign me up!

ccfc92

FWIW, if this is correct I hope it sticks after COVID - I think the EFL is missing a huge revenue stream by denying ppl to watch on TV. I doubt that live attendance would be affected much - it's a much better experience for those that live close and can attend easily.

If i lived in Cov (I know we're not there atm), I'd be there every game regardless of if it was on Sky.

Even when on Sky, I still try and go, my best one was the 3-2 vs PNE in the JPT :D

Irish Sky Blue

It would massively affect attendances, particularly for away fans.
I agree with this. While games are BCD then it's a good idea to allow UK based as well as overseas fans to access Ifollow. Long term I think it will have a big effect on attendances. Just reading through the match threads it is obvious a lot of people watch home games as well as away games on Ifollow. Someone last season posted about watching an Ifollow stream in a pub. There must be a good few people who don't go to games because it is cheaper and easier to watch at home. In the end the club loses out as they obviously make more from a match ticket than from an Ifollow pass. Many away games involve a whole day out, cost of ticket, cost of travel. For me an away day would cost at least £50 and several hours away as opposed to £10 and a couple of hours on the settee. I love actually going to games and would still go even if Ifollow was available. I can understand why others wouldn't go through the hassle. If one thing has been clear from recent TV matches, football is simply not the same without spectators. Clubs also need paying customers.

mrtrench

If I lived near Cov, I'd have a season ticket, irrespective of availability on TV. But I wouldn't be travelling for away games unless they were local. Too many other things to do.

I recognise that we are all different and maybe some of you who attend home games would prefer TV. Fine. But my hunch (nothing more) is that televising all games would increase total revenue. Maybe I'm wrong.

win9nut

For me, I'll be signing up for a Championship Membership (plus season ticket as soo as we're allowed!)
Just came across this. Finally back where we belong
You must be mistaken, that says we are in the Championship.
We belong in the PL

Legia Sky Blue

The season ticket thing they've annouced is home games only on ifollow. You'll need to pay another £10 for every away game. If ifollow is as before its home and away (although not all championship teams are signed up). Would make ifollow the cheaper option for those 'overseas'.

I'm tempted to get the shirt, its a gamble on if you think the streaming will last all season. Suspect the ifollow pricing in the UK will be higher than for those living 'overseas'. Surprised they haven't jacked the overseas price up as well to be honest.

They have put the overseas price up!

chiefdave

Sky Sports and the EFL are set to ensure supporters don’t miss any of the EFL action when the season returns next month after agreeing a new flexible framework that will ensure league matches are either available for broadcast or streaming whilst access to matches is restricted.

The broadcaster will show 130 live EFL league matches throughout season 2020/21, kicking-off with Watford v Middlesbrough on Friday 11 September 2020 before another two fixtures are televised throughout the opening weekend.

And whilst the doors remain shut to fans, or with limited spectators allowed through the turnstiles, an arrangement exists whereby all matches that are NOT LIVE on Sky Sports will be available to stream by Clubs on iFollow (or Club equivalent service), for a match pass price of £10.
Season Ticket holders get all home games and away midweek matches "if Clubs choose to offer it". Will have to pay for weekend away matches. Not sure of the logic behind that, not like you can go to weekend games.

Not clear but assume "if the clubs choose to offer it" refers to clubs who aren't part of EFL Digital Partnership and therefore don't use ifollow.

Kieranp96

I kind of get it when it wasn't available in the UK but doing it this season is just taking money off the club that will be desperately needed.
I haven't got £400 for the season unfortunately I already pay £100 pm for TV and Internet. I will watch a few paid a few illegal and a few at the pub but I can assure you I won't be watching all 46 games feom sky.

stay_up_skyblues

Yeah £460 for the season is steep. I wonder, if I bought the season pass when in Miami for $178 would that work when back in Blighty?

speedie87

So if I got a championship membership thing and season ticket, would I still have the choice to watch on a stream whilst gates are restricted or the minute they allow season ticket holders in does that mean free streams under the season ticket would end?

stay_up_skyblues

They're not going to sell season passes and £10 per match is not expensive at all.

£480 all in so it is dear. Granted it’s cheaper than doing all the away days as well as a ST given the lack of travel etc. Tbf I will pay £10 a game, happily. But you appreciate the ifollow experience is nothing like being there and hence £480 for the year is expensive to watch it on the iPad, for me anyway.

Last edited:

stay_up_skyblues

So if I got a championship membership thing and season ticket, would I still have the choice to watch on a stream whilst
gates are restricted or the minute they allow season ticket holders in does that mean free streams under the season ticket would end?

I read it that the official line is for as long as crowds are restricted then the games will be streamed. You’ve basically bought all the streams (home games) with your ST. Then if, in the highly unlikely event we go back to full capacity This season, your season tickets becomes the old fashioned one.

Legia Sky Blue

£480 all in so it is dear. Granted it’s cheaper than doing all the away days as well as a ST given the lack of travel etc. Tbf I will pay £10 a game, happily. But you appreciate the ifollow experience is nothing like being there and hence £460 for the year is expensive to watch it £480 the iPad, for me anyway.

This is supposed to be a compensatory offer for fans to still watch their their teams and financially support them while we are not allowed in to stadiums. As you point out i follow is not the same, but it is nevertheless cheaper than actually going to games. Given that, I don't see how people can moan about the cost, as presumably in normal times they wouldn't be able to go to games anyway, in which case they are not really missing out now from what is normally the case.

stay_up_skyblues

This is supposed to be a compensatory offer for fans to still watch their their teams and financially support them while we are not allowed in to stadiums. As you point out i follow is not the same, but it is nevertheless cheaper than actually going to games. Given that, I don't see how people can moan about the cost, as presumably in normal times they wouldn't be able to go to games anyway, in which case they are not really missing out now from what is normally the case.

Which begs the question why, if I happen to be in France, it’s significantly cheaper?

I actually completely agree with you Toby Fare.

speedie87

I read it that the official line is for as long as crowds are restricted then the games will be streamed. You’ve basically bought all the streams (home games) with your ST. Then if, in the highly unlikely event we go back to full capacity This season, your season tickets becomes the old fashioned one.

I’m reading it as soon as fans are back in that the season tickets free streaming access would end. The £10 per match would be available however

I’m wanting to buy season ticket as existing holder but would prefer to know answer to this first.

Legia Sky Blue

Which begs the question why, if I happen to be in France, it’s significantly cheaper?

I actually completely agree with you Toby Fare.

I think ifollow abroad is only cheaper for a season's pass, but a match pass would be £10 for them, and the same therefore as for fans in the UK. Clubs are obviously unwilling to offers season's passes within the UK, as it could negatively impact attendances once crowds are allowed back to games. Given the widespread use of VPN's though by UK based fans I don't think they are at a particular disadvantage anyhow.

samccov1987

Think for a lot of people it will work out far less than £460. If you have a Sky package you get mid week games anyway so can save yourself a £10 match pass.

Think the rumours are games will be streamed until they hit 50% attendance which I feel unlikely next season certainly not before the Spring.

I think as a club we’re in a bizarrely fortunate position given our season tickets are heavily discounted because of being at St Andrews. Many clubs in the championship sell season tickets upwards of £500 and given there is no guarantee fans will be allowed in £10 a game online would make you question purchasing if your buying a couple of tickets or hoping to take a family.

Kieranp96

Think for a lot of people it will work out far less than £460. If you have a Sky package you get mid week games anyway so can save yourself a £10 match pass.

Think the rumours are games will be streamed until they hit 50% attendance which I feel unlikely next season certainly not before the Spring.

I think as a club we’re in a bizarrely fortunate position given our season tickets are heavily discounted because of being at St Andrews. Many clubs in the championship sell season tickets upwards of £500 and given there is no guarantee fans will be allowed in £10 a game online would make you question purchasing if your buying a couple of tickets or hoping to take a family.
I doubt there will even be 25% attendance especially if this shit takes off like it's looking likley at the moment.

Fergusons_Beard

Considering Stans has a capacity of 29,209 and we only got 3500 max at the mo which is only 12% of capacity we’re a long way from the 50% before the deal ends.

£10 that goes to the club and is a lot LESS than actually going to the ground (if you also consider oncosts like transport etc).

Bargain for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chiefdave

£10 that goes to the club and is a lot LESS than actually going to the ground (if you also consider oncosts like transport etc).
Plus you only need to buy one 'ticket' for a family. And we all know people will break social distancing to go round their mates and watch.

Users who are viewing this thread