Sky Blues Trust AGM (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Those two are trying but where this thread has gone is probably why it doesn’t work well. It needs a complete rebrand for me and new people. They have been trying especially with city of culture and the government review.
As I said I’m not defending them at all and I only raised the point that if fsa are correct the responsibilities and powers that will be given to the trust organisations needs some working out how it can be for the best of all city fans

A Head of Communications that his own membership hasn't even heard of after 12 months in the role as he's not once even communicated with them doesn't fill me with confidence.

Grendel

How’s that an mmmmm. He didn’t do his job and got paid off and lots of girls lives were destroyed. What do you want him to do? Disappear? I’m happy I’d prefer him not to be linked with our club but I don’t know enough about what he did or didn’t do to say guilty as charged. Are you alleging he was guilty of being part of the gang and criminal activity

What’s his link with coventry and ccfc? Do you know) I know he was on the trust and the trust nkminated hm for the fsa role

You said people under him failed - they say he seemed rather forgetful he was informed about these things. Didn’t he quit the trust on health reasons? Strange he’s one of a handful still turning up.

Sky Blue Pete

What radical changes do you think he is going to do?
I am not too sure what your point is? It sounds like he has talked a great game to you though.
Not at all he spoke well that’s all I bloody said. I’m assuming if it’s bollox the minister will confirm the fsa are rubbish and no changes will be made to the regimen of football in this country.

Supposedjky reporting this week to ministers so something should come out

Sky Blue Pete

You said people under him failed - they say he seemed rather forgetful he was informed about these things. Didn’t he quit the trust on health reasons? Strange he’s one of a handful still turning up.
He was there to update on fsa work with government

Please answer. Is he a fan? Why is he involved at all?

and if it wasn’t clear he utterly failed too it was on his watch

Grendel

Not at all he spoke well that’s all I bloody said. I’m assuming if it’s bollox the minister will confirm the fsa are rubbish and no changes will be made to the regimen of football in this country.

Supposedjky reporting this week to ministers so something should come out

I have no interest in the FSA and even less interest in the handful of people who call themselves the Sky Blue Trust

We all know it went wrong when you know who rocked up to run in and tried with his amazing political skills to recruit a US charlatan to take over the club behind the owners back.

mr_monkey

How’s that an mmmmm. He didn’t do his job and got paid off and lots of girls lives were destroyed. What do you want him to do? Disappear? I’m happy I’d prefer him not to be linked with our club but I don’t know enough about what he did or didn’t do to say guilty as charged. Are you alleging he was guilty of being part of the gang and criminal activity

What’s his link with coventry and ccfc? Do you know) I know he was on the trust and the trust nkminated hm for the fsa role

But surely any decent person would disappear as what he did (as you say) destroyed many people's lives

I'm sure if this was more widely in the public space that he was representing us there would be uproar (also shows the sort of people that the trust associate themselves with which is why I want nothing to do with them)

Sky Blue Pete

But surely any decent person would disappear as what he did (as you say) destroyed many people's lives

I'm sure if this was more widely in the public space that he was representing us there would be uproar (also shows the sort of people that the trust associate themselves with which is why I want nothing to do with them)
That’s fair enough too

Grendel

He was there to update on fsa work with government

Please answer. Is he a fan? Why is he involved at all?

and if it wasn’t clear he utterly failed too it was on his watch

He must be some form of fan. I remember CJ saying he didn’t really know him and then showed him a tweet where Ellis asked to meet up before the Tranmere game

Frostie

Exactly why I wrote to the FSA asking why he's listed on their website as representing the Sky Blue Trust but was met with radio silence.

Sky Blue Pete

Anyway work awaits

I wanted to share the FSA thoughts with you all as I think they’re very interesting. I think as fans we need to be aware of this and consider how our interests are best served.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone

Sorry to have frustrated some of you given your experiences of some individuals involved with the trust and sorry to frustrate others by seemingly being too trustworthy and naive about others motivations

For what it’s worth I think most fans willing to give up time money and effort for the good of their club is honourable

Thanks

mark82

No to a supporter director. They'd still hold meetings without you and only let you hear what they wanted, so rendering it pointless (and I don't blame them tbh I would if it was my business). Equally the supporter who goes with all good intentions, will suddenly be in the camp, I can't say this that or the other and almost become part of that closed shop. It's not personal but inevitable. A panel is the way to go as we have it, but to be on that panel you should minimum be a season ticket holder.

I think a supporter director would work as part of a wider model, but you're right about some of the shortfalls. Something like that would always need to be in conjunction with a panel of supporters who hold the nominated director to account and vote them on/off the club board. Would be more to have a supporter voice in board meetings than to be able to give all fans sensitive information.

Disagree about anyone on a panel being a season ticket holder as a minimum though. They should certainly be a big part of it, but a panel should be representative of all supporters. For example, would season ticket holders be that bothered if the club decided to do away with match packages or hike single match day ticket prices. They'd be seen as being just as unrepresentative as what we have now, if not even more so.

Nick

Administrator

Do you not see your contradictions?

Nobody is saying he is part of the gang, they are saying he's an absolute wrong un in general.

shmmeee

I think a supporter director would work as part of a wider model, but you're right about some of the shortfalls. Something like that would always need to be in conjunction with a panel of supporters who hold the nominated director to account and vote them on/off the club board. Would be more to have a supporter voice in board meetings than to be able to give all fans sensitive information.

Disagree about anyone on a panel being a season ticket holder as a minimum though. They should certainly be a big part of it, but a panel should be representative of all supporters. For example, would season ticket holders be that bothered if the club decided to do away with match packages or hike single match day ticket prices. They'd be seen as being just as unrepresentative as what we have now, if not even more so.

Don’t see why you need representation at that level at all TBH. A decent bit of market research would be better than anything fans could come up with on match day experience, etc.

Fan involvement if it’s not full on ownership really only needs to be as a brake on changing the fundamentals of the club.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

But that’s something that’s purely for the club to consider.

fans should only be looking at the culture of the club. The budgeting should stick with the club.

the best way is a membership, that comes free with the ST or say £150 per year

mr_monkey

Exactly why I wrote to the FSA asking why he's listed on their website as representing the Sky Blue Trust but was met with radio silence.

What I worry about is if this thing gets legs and national press we all know our name wil get dragged through the mud as to an outsider our chosen representative is someone who should be in prison

mark82

But that’s something that’s purely for the club to consider.

fans should only be looking at the culture of the club. The budgeting should stick with the club.

the best way is a membership, that comes free with the ST or say £150 per year

I know they are probably crap examples, just saying anything like that shouldn't be an exclusive club for season ticket holders.

Last edited:

mark82

Membership idea is a good one, although would need to be a more accessible price than £150. Should be an annual thing, and personally think it should be separated from the club to maintain independence. It's kind of what the Trust should be I guess.

NorthernWisdom

I know they are probably crap examples, just saying anything like that shouldn't be an exclusive club for season ticket holders.
Yeah. It's also things like, is the season ticket package alone enough incentive to buy? You'd assume season ticket holders would be more likely to say yes than non season ticket holders. Now, it doesn't mean non season ticket holders have it right either (they'll be more likely to say no!) but, when the club wants to filter out information to reach a decision on what it's going to do, what incentives and offers it makes, what direction it moves culturally... it needs to hear all perspectives before it makes those decisions.

mark82

Millwall have an interesting model where their supporters club elect a member to the club board. Read about it a while back, will dig out details when I get chance.

NorthernWisdom

Millwall have an interesting model where their supporters club elect a member to the club board. Read about it a while back, will dig out details when I get chance.
As an aside, I own shares in Millwall. Not exactly enough to change decisions (I bought half a million when they were cheap at 0.02p, they then rationalised them so I now own... four!), but it does give me a say on electing the board of the club, too. It may only be a token say, but it does mean Millwall are more transparent with me, than my own club.

mark82

As an aside, I own shares in Millwall. Not exactly enough to change decisions (I bought half a million when they were cheap at 0.02p, they then rationalised them so I now own... four!), but it does give me a say on electing the board of the club, too. It may only be a token say, but it does mean Millwall are more transparent with me, than my own club.

Has it made you prone to violent outbursts?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Membership idea is a good one, although would need to be a more accessible price than £150. Should be an annual thing, and personally think it should be separated from the club to maintain independence. It's kind of what the Trust should be I guess.
It was merely a figure plucked out the air, you can throw in all sorts of benefits. I mean they don’t need independence per se. But it’s a commitment, and those who are likely to buy a membership are likely to have the clubs best interests at heart. Maybe even an elected board member. But yeah - annual membership, annual election to the board. All culture decisions to be voted on by the club membership.

it’s a lot more involved with the club than the trust who appears to want things their way, whilst saying they don’t represent the fans, just the members

mark82

It was merely a figure plucked out the air, you can throw in all sorts of benefits. I mean they don’t need independence per se. But it’s a commitment, and those who are likely to buy a membership are likely to have the clubs best interests at heart. Maybe even an elected board member. But yeah - annual membership, annual election to the board. All culture decisions to be voted on by the club membership.

it’s a lot more involved with the club than the trust who appears to want things their way, whilst saying they don’t represent the fans, just the members

@shmmeee had a good idea at one point about a structured membership. It's something that could work.

rob9872

Why?
Not saying you shouldn't have btw, but with all of the options out there, knowing what basket cases football clubs can be, what motivated you to get involved with a club you have no affiliation to?

NorthernWisdom

Why?
Not saying you shouldn't have btw, but with all of the options out there, knowing what basket cases football clubs can be, what motivated you to get involved with a club you have no affiliation to?
£100, on a random punt they'd fluke a promotion to the top flight and I could sell. Think when they were originally issued, they were 20p. From 0.02p there was nowhere lower for them to go, the multiplier to make cash looked good, with the full realisation I was effectively popping my money on a bet... I wasn't banking on the share rationalisation, however!

Nick

Administrator
I’m sure you could facilitate Mr Ellis an account on here since he is so interested in connecting with fans?

Part of his skillset and experience from the council jobs I assume is to throw others under the bus.

I'm not sure his health could cope anyway.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

£100, on a random punt they'd fluke a promotion to the top flight and I could sell. Think when they were originally issued, they were 20p. From 0.02p there was nowhere lower for them to go, the multiplier to make cash looked good, with the full realisation I was effectively popping my money on a bet... I wasn't banking on the share rationalisation, however!
Little confused. Half a million shares at £0.02 is £10,000 not £100 isn't it?

EDIT: Re-read 0.02p. Idiot. Good job I am not re-training to be an accountant...

Users who are viewing this thread