Sky Blues 11 made up entirely from players with full international caps (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Plus us we were far to unfashionable to get many players into international squads.

tbf the centre backs played for the likes of Ipswich, West Ham, Derby and QPR back then.

They were all pretty cemented in place for years though. Not like nowadays where a squad and friendly system would have seen Peake get 45 minutes *somewhere*.

Terry Gibson's perm

tbf the centre backs played for the likes of Ipswich, West Ham, Derby and QPR back then.

They were all pretty cemented in place for years though. Not like nowadays where a squad and friendly system would have seen Peake get 45 minutes *somewhere*.

If if he had moved to Either of the Merseyside clubs or one of the big London clubs I think he would have got a few caps but then again Steve Bruce didn't get any either a little later.

Esoterica

Think we just about have enough for a Europe vs Rest of the World 'Internationally Capped while at CCFC' XI!

Or EVSROTWICWACCFC XI as I like to call it...

Gint11

Can you select a City 11 from players who have represented their country?

They have to have had full international caps, not Under-21's or B teams or suchlike.

A few off the top of my head; Kenny Sansom, Gerry Francis, Gerry Daly, McAllister, Strachan, Jordan Henderson, Magnus Hedman, Roland Nilsson, Nuddy, Colin Stein, Ian Wallace .....

What's the best City 11 you can conjure up purely from international capped players?

You seriously need a job or a hobbie.

Users who are viewing this thread