Sky Blues 11 made up entirely from players with full international caps (1 Viewer)

Otis

Can you select a City 11 from players who have represented their country?

They have to have had full international caps, not Under-21's or B teams or suchlike.

A few off the top of my head; Kenny Sansom, Gerry Francis, Gerry Daly, McAllister, Strachan, Jordan Henderson, Magnus Hedman, Roland Nilsson, Nuddy, Colin Stein, Ian Wallace .....

What's the best City 11 you can conjure up purely from international capped players?

Otis

Probably Blyth in goal for me, with Nilsson and Pearce as fullbacks and Holton and Gillespie as the centre backs.

Grendel

They have to have had full international caps, not Under-21's or B teams or suchlike.

A few off the top of my head; Kenny Sansom, Gerry Francis, Gerry Daly, McAllister, Strachan, Jordan Henderson, Magnus Hedman, Roland Nilsson, Nuddy, Colin Stein, Ian Wallace .....

What's the best City 11 you can conjure up purely from international capped players?

So not capped while here?

Otis

So not capped while here?

You'd be struggling I reckon.

Certainly wouldn't find any England players I don't think.

If you want to do it for those who were capped while here, then fine. Usually we end up with players before their fame or on the way down.

Grendel

You'd be struggling I reckon.

Certainly wouldn't find any England players I don't think.

If you want to do it for those who were capped while here, then fine. Usually we end up with players before their fame or on the way down.

Regis, Matthews and Thomas played for England I think.

Grendel

Hutchison should have been the first name on every Scotland team sheet - nonsense that he wasn't but he and Blyth made it to the World Cup Finals.

rob9872

Breen
Breen
Breen
Breen
Breen
Breen
Breen
Breen
Breen
Breen
Breen

Astute

Webster. Should be the first name on the team sheet.

SkyBlueRuffian

Hedman
Nillson
Gillespie
Babb
Pearce
Strachan
McCallister
Chippo
Hadji
Keane
Dublin

Terry Gibson's perm

Trevor Peake should have while he was here, when you look at some of the players that got caps it was crazy.

skybluelee

Of players who were here whilst capped;

Hedman
Nilsson
Babb
Konjic
Breen
Hadji
Chippo
Speedie
Ndlovu
Dion
Keane

Unstoppable.

pusbccfc

Would be interesting to do it during the Championship/League One era.

Westwood

Christie
Keogh
Big Mo
Warnock

Henderson
Gunnar
Clingan
Tabb

Mifsud
McGoldrick

Others Stern John, Chris Birchall, Reda Johnson, Doyle, Leon Best, Eastwood, Carsley, Kilbane, McPake..

Some decent names, but also some right shite...

pusbccfc

Must be noted that players like Christie, Doyle and McGoldrick have literally a handful of caps between them.

Users who are viewing this thread