Sky Blue Trust AGM (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

This is the problem. One of their objectives is to be able to have a say in the running of the club. Waging war isn't going to achieve that objective. You can work with the club/owners without giving up the right to be able to criticise them when needed (constructively). That goes for all parties involved in our current issues.
Yep. Never give up your right to call them out whenever they're out of order.

On the other hand, never agitate for regime change, and if you have and failed dismally... at least learn from that experience!!

Nick

Administrator
Lionel Bird though.

giphy.gif

I feel sorry for whoever they roll out to take all of the flack from that prick being the prick he is.

Even more secret meetings with Hoffman and Wasps now then.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Take it you aren't a fan?

At a time when seemingly overall the fans seem really United, we get promoted etc. I can't think of anything they could have done that would be that stupid.
They should have been issuing statements pressurising CCC and Wasps going on the radio in the CET organising marches anything but no they get that twat on the board. Give me strength

CJ_covblaze

Has Neil White not only just joined? Didn't last long did he?!

Also, the very first line on the article says the meeting was held on Tuesday 3rd August????

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Neil joined the board at the AGM last year and left a few months later.

Frostie

This has to be final nail & I think best bet is just to leave the Trust behind.

If Mark & Pete can keep doing what they're doing we're a thousand times more credible than them anyway. Sure they might still get the odd media interview but nobody cares about what they have to say anyway.

They'll rightly get short shrift from the owners too - they chose to back the wrong horse to the detriment of the club they're supposed to support.

Represent themselves & themselves alone.

Fergusons_Beard

A trust should be independent and not take any ‘side’.

From the get go it’s been obvious that the Trust has had an agenda and that agenda at most times has been detrimental to Coventry City Football Club.

Speaks volumes when a board member calls out a fellow skyblue fan as a ‘SISU sympathiser’.

That’s not their role-yes personal opinion has to come into it but not personal attacks.

Really pleased Mark & Pete have stuck to their own ‘no sides’ (apart from the Football club-not owners!) stance-you can obviously tell this works as they have opened more doors & spoken to a more diverse range of stakeholders than the Trust ever have.

Trust need to stay in their Cave, talking to their echo chamber & drowning in their confirmation bias.

Maybe when they eventually resurface our club will be in a much better place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

olderskyblue

A trust should be independent and not take any ‘side’.

From the get go it’s been obvious that the Trust has had an agenda and that agenda at most times has been detrimental to Coventry City Football Club.

Speaks volumes when a board member calls out a fellow skyblue fan as a ‘SISU sympathiser’.

That’s not their role-yes personal opinion has to come into it but not personal attacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He wasn’t on the board at the time, just a rabid anti Sisu member of the audience at the meeting. They forced him to give up his shares don’t you know...

Nick

Administrator
He wasn’t on the board at the time, just a rabid anti Sisu member of the audience at the meeting. They forced him to give up his shares don’t you know...

The thing is, as has been shown for ages that people don't need to be on the board. David Johnson was up on the stage preaching about forcing the club into admin and he wasn't on the board.

Certain people will always overpower without actually being on the board.

What's Roger Ellis up to nowadays?

olderskyblue

The thing is, as has been shown for ages that people don't need to be on the board. David Johnson was up on the stage preaching about forcing the club into admin and he wasn't on the board.

Certain people will always overpower without actually being on the board.

What's Roger Ellis up to nowadays?
No idea. You’re the twitter man, so you must know...,

Must admit, with Eyles, I thought they had got some sanity on the board, but then Neil popped up and blew that apart. Recent statements were not bad though, so wondered if they had started to change somewhat, but Lionel on the board is a huge backward step.

Nick

Administrator
No idea. You’re the twitter man, so you must know...,

Must admit, with Eyles, I thought they had got some sanity on the board, but then Neil popped up and blew that apart. Recent statements were not bad though, so wondered if they had started to change somewhat, but Lionel on the board is a huge backward step.

That has been the case all of the time though. It is as if there's some sort of power struggle or somebody putting the stops on things that we don't see.

It has been the same for years.

Put something promising out that makes sense.
Completely U Turn and go against what was said.

Frostie

That has been the case all of the time though. It is as if there's some sort of power struggle or somebody putting the stops on things that we don't see.

It has been the same for years.

Put something promising out that makes sense.
Completely U Turn and go against what was said.

Spot on.

I sense from the tone of some of CJ's comments on here & Twitter etc. that he was banging his head against a wall a lot of the time & I'm sure he's glad to be out of it.

Nick

Administrator
It was always the case, same when I have offered help with things I can. You will have somebody discussing with me and listening and then you hear nothing back.

Same when people give CJ suggestions, absolutely fuck all happened every time. Always resorting to the frantic SISU frothing.

The same old faces were always there though, the Roger Ellis, David Johnson and Lionel Bird sorts. The ones who you can just imagine being pictured looking angry pointing at a pot hole. Same knobs who have to be on committees for a bit of self importance.

RegTheDonk

At a record store new you pop pickers

A christmas sing-a-long with all proceeds going to a CCFC museum??
Cool, so when the Trust have helped bury the club at least we'll have a
spot to go and see we USED to have a football team.
Lional gets the Bird from me.
Not 'arf.

chiefdave

Seems like one step forward ten steps back for the trust. Couple of recent statements that have made people a bit more optimistic things might be changing then they go and have an AGM that isn't broadcast, ridiculous in the current situation, and bring in someone like Bird.

RegTheDonk

This has to be final nail & I think best bet is just to leave the Trust behind.

If Mark & Pete can keep doing what they're doing we're a thousand times more credible than them anyway. Sure they might still get the odd media interview but nobody cares about what they have to say anyway.

They'll rightly get short shrift from the owners too - they chose to back the wrong horse to the detriment of the club they're supposed to support.

Represent themselves & themselves alone.
This is the absolute thing. They may have legal status in terms of being an FA recognised Trust, but in terms of communication with the membership they are in the dark ages. They don't even answer emails FFS, have they been to the Bing College of New Technology?

Evo1883

I applied and got a ticket for this and couldn’t be bothered to go. Now that I hear Lionel Bird got onto the board I’m glad I didn’t go. All he is interested in is what the latest bullshit info he’s found about SISU.
When the reincarnation of the Trust started the intentions were good, the people involved had the future of the club at heart. Unfortunately the club has now taken a back seat actually might be in the boot. Keeping sweet with CCC and Wasps is far more important.
I signed up more people than anyone else to the Trust and I apologise to all of these people for letting you down.

You're a top bloke with good intentions, don't apologise mate

Users who are viewing this thread