Sky Blue Trust AGM (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

The Annual General Meeting of the Sky Blue Trust was held at the Albany Social Club, Earlsdon
Good to see in light of the current pandemic they made this easily accessible without turning up to a pub.
The AGM concluded with a wide ranging and often passionate discussion of the current crisis at the City, and backed the Trust’s current objective which is to get Coventry City playing back in the City now.
Do we get to know what was in this wide ranging and passionate discussion or is it a secret?

chiefdave

Any of these names ring a bell, keen to know who I should start slagging off :)
The meeting elected and warmly welcomed four new Board Members – Jamie Gordon, Geoffrey Gulzar, Luke Harris and Grace McKenna.

shmmeee

Any of these names ring a bell, keen to know who I should start slagging off :)

Jim Gordon! Might be able to get to the bottom of this!

giphy.gif

Frostie

Think the minutes will go up here:Sky Blue Trust - Meeting Minutes

IIRC they have to publish them according to their constitution. Nothing since December though.

It took a year & repeated requests for them to put last year's up & there's still 4 months worth of them missing so don't hold your breath.

I was foolishly hoping that the old guard would all be swept aside & these new Board Members would lead to a new, modern, dynamic Trust. It's clear though that by keeping the likes of Lionel Bird around that they won't be looking to change tact & build bridges with the club.

Joke of an organisation.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I applied and got a ticket for this and couldn’t be bothered to go. Now that I hear Lionel Bird got onto the board I’m glad I didn’t go. All he is interested in is what the latest bullshit info he’s found about SISU.
When the reincarnation of the Trust started the intentions were good, the people involved had the future of the club at heart. Unfortunately the club has now taken a back seat actually might be in the boot. Keeping sweet with CCC and Wasps is far more important.
I signed up more people than anyone else to the Trust and I apologise to all of these people for letting you down.

Grendel

I applied and got a ticket for this and couldn’t be bothered to go. Now that I hear Lionel Bird got onto the board I’m glad I didn’t go. All he is interested in is what the latest bullshit info he’s found about SISU.
When the reincarnation of the Trust started the intentions were good, the people involved had the future of the club at heart. Unfortunately the club has now taken a back seat actually might be in the boot. Keeping sweet with CCC and Wasps is far more important.
I signed up more people than anyone else to the Trust and I apologise to all of these people for letting you down.

You havent of course let anyone down but even by their standards this is truly bizarre

shmmeee

I’d suggest people leave. What else can you do? Noises were good when Pete and Mark first reached out I believe but simply avoiding stuff like emailing members and allowing remote access (especially right now!) is inexcusable really.

The formal mechanism of the Trust was useful when the very nature of the club was under threat, but while that threat has very much subsided, it probably should be left to wither on the vine like it was before until someone new needs it in the future (or hopefully not!).

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

I’d suggest people leave. What else can you do? Noises were good when Pete and Mark first reached out I believe but simply avoiding stuff like emailing members and allowing remote access (especially right now!) is inexcusable really.

The formal mechanism of the Trust was useful when the very nature of the club was under threat, but while that threat has very much subsided, it probably should be left to wither on the vine like it was before until someone new needs it in the future (or hopefully not!).
Be nice to give new members a chance

shmmeee

Be nice to give new members a chance

As I’ve said before if you want to bend it to your will you’ll have to have people (at least initially) who are willing to exceed the time and effort of those currently in charge. And we’ve seen that’s hardly SBTs style.

Ultimately as it stands if what you want is a group to be friendly and give feedback on the match day experience there’s plenty of groups out there. The Trusts USP is it’s legal status, if that’s of no use right now (and Id argue it’s not), then really it’s just as useful as any other group for the aforementioned issues, which in reality probably makes it not very useful at all right now.

NorthernWisdom

I don’t want it to die I want it to be The Sky Blue Trust not CCC Trust or the Wasps Trust
I'm quite happy for them to be critical of the way the club is run by our owners (who hasn't been!). That's not making it a team game though, and then by default being pro-Wasps just because you hate SISU!

Ultimately as it stands if what you want is a group to be friendly and give feedback on the match day experience there’s plenty of groups out there. The Trusts USP is it’s legal status, if that’s of no use right now (and Id argue it’s not), then really it’s just as useful as any other group for the aforementioned issues, which in reality probably makes it not very useful at all right now.
I genuinely think the club needs a check and a balance on it, and the Trust are best placed to do that.

Well... the institution is, Lionel Bird sure as hell ain't! If ever you wanted a signal that they want to be an anti-SISU campaign group above all else, they've just made it!

shmmeee

I'm quite happy for them to be critical of the way the club is run by our owners (who hasn't been!). That's not making it a team game though, and then by default being pro-Wasps just because you hate SISU!

I genuinely think the club needs a check and a balance on it, and the Trust are best placed to do that.

Well... the institution is, Lionel Bird sure as hell ain't! If ever you wanted a signal that they want to be an anti-SISU campaign group above all else, they've just made it!

I think we’re a long way from having owners who would willingly invite a counter balance into the room. Maybe when all this is over and things aren’t quite so binary.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

As you know Northetn I’ve criticised the owners but also been the same with Easps and CCC where have the Trust except for half hearted efforts. Oh and you’re right with Bitd now on the board oh dear

Grendel

At a record store new you pop pickers

mark82

I had no problem with the board.

I did have a problem with a couple of the other people along for the meeting, who seemed determined to call me a SISU sympathiser.

Guess who one of them was...?

But you know, go down the sly wankery route if you like...

Do tell....

Grendel

Do tell....

Bird is a tosser time to break off all communications with them.

At the next meeting Lionel will challenge everyone to complete his 150,000 piece jigsaw of Dietmar Bruce and at the same time magic Tim Kalns out of his flat cap

Grendel

Are people thinking that Lionel Bird had no say with the Trust previously?

Mark probably thinks Kalns didn’t either as he wasn’t on the board

mark82

I agree... to an extent.

You're certainly not going to do that if you openly wage war!

This is the problem. One of their objectives is to be able to have a say in the running of the club. Waging war isn't going to achieve that objective. You can work with the club/owners without giving up the right to be able to criticise them when needed (constructively). That goes for all parties involved in our current issues.

Users who are viewing this thread