Sky Blue Talk - Negative (2 Viewers)

Behave the kids prices were ridiculously low, and to add insult to injury people were then giving them to adults to come in knowing they were not being checked.
So £150 each is ridiculously low ! perhaps you want to chip in for the extra £675 each (£1650 now for 2 kids) And just to make you aware, the card is scanned and you then you get a wrist band, so that’s two checks. Shall we discuss something that you actually have a clue about.

KenilworthSkyBlue

He did check our offering first. He openly talked about that on his BBC CWR interview …. Do people just ignore the facts to support their position.

Of course there will be annual increases in season ticket prices …. We have inflation at nearly 9% !

Playing devils advocate here but I'd argue it's strange to align the price of the club's corporate boxes to that of market rate despite knowing full well that they're not at all up to standard.

Creating a package that's equally not up to standard comparative to most of the competition makes the price all the more bizarre.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

“we live in a capitalist society” lol

You at the time supported the plan and said my idea of stepped pricing was a “terrible idea”
I said if the boxes sell it was a good idea. I didn't think they would as the price was too high and it appears that has been the case.

If you mean selling at a price and then bringing the price down if any don't sell could be problematic. Sure, those that were willing to pay at the higher rate should really have no complaints as they made the decision, but it could create bad feeling with customers that others are getting the same for less and making them reconsider future purchases, or at least wait it out in future seasons to try and get the price down.

Deity

Playing devils advocate here but I'd argue it's strange to align the price of the club's corporate boxes to that of market rate despite knowing full well that they're not at all up to standard.

Creating a package that's equally not up to standard comparative to most of the competition makes the price all the more bizarre.
In normal markets you would be right but football fans don’t swap allegiances in the way consumer markets work. Therefore products don’t have to be identical for fans to decide that’s how they wish to watch their football.

Grendel

In normal markets you would be right but football fans don’t swap allegiances in the way consumer markets work. Therefore products don’t have to be identical for fans to decide that’s how they wish to watch their football.

Corporate companies’ guests would have very little if any allegiance to a club

The company would evaluate its worth against other perks so yeah it does work like that

Deity

Corporate companies’ guests would have very little if any allegiance to a club

The company would evaluate its worth against other perks so yeah it does work like that
Wrong again.

At championship level corporates take boxes for 2 reasons …. They are based in that location and think many of their clients will want to go or the decision maker chooses his preferred team and their is little commercial logic.

Grendel

Wrong again.

At championship level corporates take boxes for 2 reasons …. They are based in that location and think many of their clients will want to go or the decision maker chooses his preferred team and their is little commercial logic.

No I’m not wrong as I’ve attended as a guest at other teams games and have zero interest - the decision maker will evaluate numerous sponsorship and reward opportunities across many options

There is also the small matter that companies haven’t taken this amazing opportunity have they?

Your clear bias on anything king though is duly noted

KenilworthSkyBlue

They don't/won't swap allegiances no, but in line with the price hike there'll be an increased expectation the facility to be up to standard - which they aren't. Nor are the packages on offer. Otherwise, as is the case presently, they're far more likely to just not purchase/renew.

Fundamental difference between products not having to be identical to them simply being not good enough. I'd imagine this was the mistake DK made in the initial when going about reassessing the club's pricing strategy. There has to be some kind of incentive to warrant box holders accepting such a significant hike and DK/the club just didn't produce that - all they really did was repackage the same offering in a slightly less dull box.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Wrong again.

First and foremost the vast majority of box holders are local businesses and fans. So while I'm sure most would have indeed purchased for entertaining purposes, the aforementioned group categorically wouldn't have purchased if they weren't fans first.

From experience, local business pretty much make up the majority of box holders at Championship clubs. Although some clubs will inevitably partner with more larger enterprises than others.

Deity

First and foremost the vast majority of box holders are local businesses and fans. So while I'm sure most would have indeed purchased for entertaining purposes, the aforementioned group categorically wouldn't have purchased if they weren't fans first.

From experience, local business pretty much make up the majority of box holders at Championship clubs. Although some clubs will inevitably partner with more larger enterprises than others.
Exactly so the direct benchmarking piece on the quality of the food offer is a bit of a red herring. Apology accepted.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Exactly so the direct benchmarking piece on the quality of the food offer is a bit of a red herring. Apology accepted.

I've not actually said that. If you've looked at previous posts of mine I've explained my reasons on why DK's approach was problematic and wouldn't work. The offering was only a part of that.

Skyblueweeman

This isn’t how business works or this story plays out. If King doesn’t rate Boddy et al they will leave and be replaced by people he does who are aligned to King. These new people are even less wedded to the past and historic relationships and practices. King gets stronger not weaker.

On this Boddy thing that @GIMOC says - he's working his notice. If King didn't like him, he'd just put him on garden leave or pay him off. I can't see how, if either of them didn't get on with the other one, why Boddy would simply work his notice. Surely both would come to an agreement to leave straight away?

David O'Day

I see that last years box holders are now allowed to move to a seat, so the rumours they are being begged bac is not 100% accurate

GIMOC

I see that last years box holders are now allowed to move to a seat, so the rumours they are being begged bac is not 100% accurate

you do know that was put in place straight after the news. since then king has met with box holders to discuss prices and negotiate new prices. and as it stands the box holders can’t even buy a season ticket in this 10am window

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Hi (deleted name),

I am pleased to confirm that following meetings with (deleted name) (Box Holder) on behalf of the majority of Box Holders our Executive Owner and Chairman Doug King acknowledges the points you have raised as Box Holders. Doug understands it is a big jump in price from last season but also recognises the willingness and desire for the majority of Box Holders to want to come on the journey and that they too understand the need and reasonings for the significant jump in price. Doug has also acknowledged, given the significant price increase, that Box Holders would like a reward for their loyalty of the years.

With this all taken into consideration Doug would like to offer Box Holders from Season 22/23 a Loyalty Discount for Season 23/24 as well as fixed price for Season 24/25 and Season 25/26.

Further to this Doug would like to offer Box Holders a guaranteed price for their Boxes should the club make the Premier League in the next 3 seasons. The below prices are for 12-seater Executive Boxes.

Yr 1 - Season 23/24 - £20,000 inc vat
Yr 2 - Season 24/25 - £25,000 inc vat
Yr 3 - Season 25/26 - £25,000 inc vat

Should the club be promoted to the Premier League in any of the next 3 seasons, the Box price will be fixed at £25,000 inc vat for the first season in the Premier League. For example, if the club are promoted at the end of the 25/26 season, the Box price would be £25,000 inc vat for the Premier League season 26/27. Another example would be, should we be promoted at the end of the 23/24 season the first season, Season 24/25, would be £25,000 inc vat but if we stay in the Premier League for 2 seasons the price is subject to increase for the 25/26 season.

The Loyalty Discount is only valid for existing Box Holders from the 22/23 Season.

To receive the Premier League price guarantee Box Holders must renew each consecutive season. There is no long-term commitment for Box Holders, it is not a 3-year agreement – it is season by season.

All previous and new benefits for Box Holders remain the same as previously communicated.

Renewal
If you would like to renew please reply to this email before 4pm today – Monday 3rd July to secure your Executive Box for the 23/24 Season. We will then contact you directly.

Kind regards

Sky Blue Pete

On this Boddy thing that @GIMOC says - he's working his notice. If King didn't like him, he'd just put him on garden leave or pay him off. I can't see how, if either of them didn't get on with the other one, why Boddy would simply work his notice. Surely both would come to an agreement to leave straight away?
Pay off??

David O'Day

Hi (deleted name),

I am pleased to confirm that following meetings with (deleted name) (Box Holder) on behalf of the majority of Box Holders our Executive Owner and Chairman Doug King acknowledges the points you have raised as Box Holders. Doug understands it is a big jump in price from last season but also recognises the willingness and desire for the majority of Box Holders to want to come on the journey and that they too understand the need and reasonings for the significant jump in price. Doug has also acknowledged, given the significant price increase, that Box Holders would like a reward for their loyalty of the years.

With this all taken into consideration Doug would like to offer Box Holders from Season 22/23 a Loyalty Discount for Season 23/24 as well as fixed price for Season 24/25 and Season 25/26.

Further to this Doug would like to offer Box Holders a guaranteed price for their Boxes should the club make the Premier League in the next 3 seasons. The below prices are for 12-seater Executive Boxes.

Yr 1 - Season 23/24 - £20,000 inc vat
Yr 2 - Season 24/25 - £25,000 inc vat
Yr 3 - Season 25/26 - £25,000 inc vat

Should the club be promoted to the Premier League in any of the next 3 seasons, the Box price will be fixed at £25,000 inc vat for the first season in the Premier League. For example, if the club are promoted at the end of the 25/26 season, the Box price would be £25,000 inc vat for the Premier League season 26/27. Another example would be, should we be promoted at the end of the 23/24 season the first season, Season 24/25, would be £25,000 inc vat but if we stay in the Premier League for 2 seasons the price is subject to increase for the 25/26 season.

The Loyalty Discount is only valid for existing Box Holders from the 22/23 Season.

To receive the Premier League price guarantee Box Holders must renew each consecutive season. There is no long-term commitment for Box Holders, it is not a 3-year agreement – it is season by season.

All previous and new benefits for Box Holders remain the same as previously communicated.

Renewal
If you would like to renew please reply to this email before 4pm today – Monday 3rd July to secure your Executive Box for the 23/24 Season. We will then contact you directly.

Kind regards
So I was right, the club are only discounting it slightly and making them basically sign up for the executive premier package

The way GIMOC was going on it was a capitulation by the club

clint van damme

There's definitely issue, I dm'd someone back in April about it.
Whoever anyone thinks is to blame its clearly not working between the two of them so it's for the best.

Levship20

I suspect DK wants the more hands on approach and can see DB
Whoever anyone thinks is to blame its clearly not working between the two of them so it's for the best.
I think the loss of DB is not good for the club!

Skyblueweeman

Yeah that's fair enough then but you'd think they'd want DB out the door then, rather than having him work a notice period.

Grendel

So I was right, the club are only discounting it slightly and making them basically sign up for the executive premier package

The way GIMOC was going on it was a capitulation by the club

I wouldn’t call a 20% reduction slight and no idea what the take up would be

Grendel

Well, rather than him sit on the office for 3 months on full pay, just say 'right, go now and I'll give you 2 mths wages' etc.

Surely if King didn't like him/think he was good enough, he'd want him out the door ASAP and not hanging around a while?

Ive seen it at JLR if it’s not a rival you go to tbh - if there’s no immediate fella event they were often forced to work the notice

Skyblueweeman

Ive seen it at JLR if it’s not a rival you go to tbh - if there’s no immediate fella event they were often forced to work the notice
The relationship can't be as bad as some are making out then. If I took over a business and there was someone I thought was sh!t at their job, I'd want them out of the door ASAP. What's the point in keeping them there? If they're not adding value and likely going to be creating negativity around the place as they've been given the boot, give them their salary up front and get them out the door.

Whether they're going to a rival or not.

Users who are viewing this thread