Sky Blue Talk - Negative (2 Viewers)

Finham

Somehow me posting on here isn’t creating a negative feeling around the club. That started before I spouted bollocks on here recently
I think spreading rumours behind people's backs is negative and back-stabbing. If you've been trusted with all this confidential information, you have betrayed that trust.

GIMOC

I think spreading rumours behind people's backs is negative and back-stabbing. If you've been trusted with all this confidential information, you have betrayed that trust.

Behind whose backs. Everything that’s on here has been spoken about with many fans and associates to the club. if you really think what’s put on here will make a heap of difference then your very mistaken

GIMOC

I’d be more concerned about what’s happening behind the scenes then what I’m posting on here

TTG

How? like I said it’ll come to a head soon so leave it at that.
So essentially, you cannot believe that everyone has been “taken in by doug” because of a certain incident that has occurred that no one knows about, yet you don’t care to expand upon it?

Can’t help but seem to think you’re not helping the problem here.

rob9872

Think you need to stop feeding his ego guys. Tbh I'd rather not know stuff. Our only 'job' as its always been is to SUPPORT THE TEAM. Let the business people get on with the business, let the football people get on with the football.

We go to games like we always have done and always will do. Have a pint, have a laugh, chat shit and drink more. That's all most of us crave.

It's nice for the kids to meet the players, but the name on the front always more important than that on the back. Players, managers, staff, owners will come and go. Some will be better than others, fans are the only constant. If having a few quid entitles you to get a bit closer to the squad occasionally then good luck to you and enjoy it whilst you can, but when it falls apart keep it quiet for the benefit of the club you presumably care about to have invested in and rejoin the rest of us paupers who also don't dine at the top table.

nicksar

Bottom line,Doug King owns the football club,he's made the call that things need to change (rightly or wrongly depending on your pov) in doing so he's upset some people including some long standing Players from the league one era and seemingly the manager (if the rumour mill is to be believed) personally I don't buy that, Robin's has signed a new long term contract as has Adi and Robins has said publicly he's happy that the club now has stability.
Richard Overson has been a very good benefactor to the club but let's be honest if you had purchased the club would you be happy that Overson seemingly had such a big in on things?....I wouldn't for sure,in fact I would see him as a monkey on my back.
Best thing Doug could do is refund him the money for the gym at Ryton etc and let him just be a"super fan" like Dawkins, Rooney and the Mad Hatters .

Flying Fokker

Bottom line,Doug King owns the football club,he's made the call that things need to change (rightly or wrongly depending on your pov) in doing so he's upset some people including some long standing Players from the league one era and seemingly the manager (if the rumour mill is to be believed) personally I don't buy that, Robin's has signed a new long term contract as has Adi and Robins has said publicly he's happy that the club now has stability.
Richard Overson has been a very good benefactor to the club but let's be honest if you had purchased the club would you be happy that Overson seemingly had such a big in on things?....I wouldn't for sure,in fact I would see him as a monkey on my back.
Best thing Doug could do is refund him the money for the gym at Ryton etc and let him just be a"super fan" like Dawkins, Rooney and the Mad Hatters .
Oh yessy Yessy, Dale Evans tried the direct route and took the Mad Hatters right up to the boxes!

Deity

I don’t know Overson . He might be a good guy, he might not be. I don’t have a view.

what is clear though is that he donated a few tens of thousands to help the club when it needed it. He said he wanted nothing in return ….

what he got was:

Open access to people in the form of Robins, the players , Boddy et al that nobody else does.

Open access to places in the form of Ryton, and behind closed door matches during Covid that nobody got.

The chance to be a “known “ Coventry City fan.

The new owner wants to reduce / remove those privileges and now the guy who wanted nothing in return, it would appear, isn’t happy and wants everyone to know it.

If I were in Oversons shoes I would feel disappointed, I’d have loved the ride, but I would equally have known that at some point when the club changed hands these historic perks were likely to be removed.

So Richard you have had more than you asked for but can we put the club first now and stop creating division.

GIMOC

I don’t know Overson . He might be a good guy, he might not be. I don’t have a view.

what is clear though is that he donated a few tens of thousands to help the club when it needed it. He said he wanted nothing in return ….

what he got was:

Open access to people in the form of Robins, the players , Boddy et al that nobody else does.

Open access to places in the form of Ryton, and behind closed door matches during Covid that nobody got.

The chance to be a “known “ Coventry City fan.

The new owner wants to reduce / remove those privileges and now the guy who wanted nothing in return, it would appear, isn’t happy and wants everyone to know it.

If I were in Oversons shoes I would feel disappointed, I’d have loved the ride, but I would equally have known that at some point when the club changed hands these historic perks were likely to be removed.

So Richard you have had more than you asked for but can we put the club first now and stop creating division.

tens of thousands of pounds. well off the mark. But you pretend you know everything.

clubs need fans like overson. especially us. one day king will be gone but fans like overson and co will be still here. respect goes a long way in business and at the min, king is receiving none due to his actions.

seems like too many on here have short memories. Very short memories

Perryccfc

tens of thousands of pounds. well off the mark. But you pretend you know everything.

clubs need fans like overson. especially us. one day king will be gone but fans like overson and co will be still here. respect goes a long way in business and at the min, king is receiving none due to his actions.

Pathetic man.

Deity

I don’t care whether it was £250k …. He allegedly wanted NOTHING in return … he got a lot back, which he seems to have enjoyed. Fair play to him, he’s achieved what lots of City fans would dream to do.

The club is bigger than King, Sepalla, McGinnity, Richardson etc but it’s also bigger than Overson and Dawkins etc ….

The fact you can’t see the irony of this is in itself ironic.

GIMOC

I don’t care whether it was £250k …. He allegedly wanted NOTHING in return … he got a lot back, which he seems to have enjoyed. Fair play to him, he’s achieved what lots of City fans would dream to do.

The club is bigger than King, Sepalla, McGinnity, Richardson etc but it’s also bigger than Overson and Dawkins etc ….

The fact you can’t see the irony of this is in itself ironic.

talking more than figure you stated again

he got a lot back? What the fuck you talking about? It wasn’t a competition.

He’s built friendships with many. He has and rightly so earned respect from the players and manager.

Where did I say the persons you mentioned are bigger than the club? I haven’t, you have.

Deity

talking more than figure you stated again

he got a lot back? What the fuck you talking about? It wasn’t a competition.

He’s built friendships with many. He has and rightly so earned respect from the players and manager.

Where did I say the persons you mentioned are bigger than the club? I haven’t, you have.
And I’m sure those friendships will continue. King can’t influence that.

what may stop is the open access to all areas.

GIMOC

And I’m sure those friendships will continue. King can’t influence that.

what may stop is the open access to all areas.

they certainly will but when trust is broken by king that certainly burns bridges not just with overson but others close to the club too.

let’s leave it all at that. literally going round in circles.

rob9872

they certainly will but when trust is broken by king that certainly burns bridges not just with overson but others close to the club too.

Have a read back through the thread then go for a long walk in the fresh air. You're having a nightmare here.

shmmeee

If we wants to put money in he can invest or buy a box. The fact is he did publicly do this for his ego as much as anything else.

I’ll be honest him, Dawkins, the Hatters, all the super fans can get in the bin.

rob9872

What is it exactly for you think they have in common that makes a group of 20 year olds be friends with the 50 year old bald man? Would they all be besties if he was Richard from the local Butchers? Or do you think it might be because he has a few quid?

Ooh football friends!

GIMOC

I’ll be honest him, Dawkins, the Hatters, all the super fans can get in the bin.

he’s put plenty in and saved it for us to be in the position we are in now. more than anyone will know in fact.

he doesn’t publicise that one bit. He certainly doesn’t have an ego and doesn’t class himself as a super fan. That’s what you seem to be doing?

Overson never had a box so unsure why he’d start now?

Flying Fokker

They’re all grown ups. A lot of egos who are very good at talking themselves up in life, not just supporting a football team. Why fight a battle that doesn’t belong on here? It’s not needed and raises the blood pressure. I’m sure there’s a site that wants to hear you but really, maybe not this one.

GIMOC

What is it exactly for you think they hagr in common that makes a group of 20 year olds be friends with the 50 year old bald man? Would they all be beasties if he was Richard from the local Butchers? Or do you think it might be because he has a few quid?

Ooh football friends!
And you have the audacity to say I’m having a nightmare.

that post is cringe in so many ways. seems to be a lot of bitterness on here. Because players actually friends with fans and normal people. they are fuckin human beings. Doesn’t matter if they money or not.
I’ve built a great friendship with one person but not because of money. Because of the love of football. That’s how friendship works.

Last edited:

GIMOC

They’re all grown ups. A lot of egos who are very good at talking themselves up in life, not just supporting a football team. Why fight a battle that doesn’t belong on here? It’s not needed and raises the blood pressure. I’m sure there’s a site that wants to hear you but really, maybe not this one.

so what goes on at the club doesn’t matter on fans forum?

oh I get it. You only want to hear the good things. Anything that sounds bad it’s not allowed to be posted. fuck me. That’s what you called bury your head in the sand.

rob9872

And you have the audacity to say I’m having a nightmare.

that post is cringe in so many ways. seems to be a lot of bitterness on here. Because players actually fans with people. they are fuckin human beings. Doesn’t matter if they money or not.
I’ve built a great friendship with one person but because of money. Because of the love of football. That’s how friendship works.
Keep believing it 👍🤣🤣

shmmeee

he’s put plenty in and saved it for us to be in the position we are in now. more than anyone will know in fact.

he doesn’t publicise that one bit. He certainly doesn’t have an ego and doesn’t class himself as a super fan. That’s what you seem to be doing?

Overson never had a box so unsure why he’d start now?

Because apparently he really wants to put money into the club.

Except he goes all over social media and in the paper and send his flying monkeys out. And we know his fucking name.

Whether he calls himself it or not is irrelevant. He’s not an owner of the club, he’s a fan. I have no idea if his net worth and how much he’s spent on CCFC but as a percentage I’d be surprised if it’s much more than most avid fans.

If it was all out of the goodness of his heart he wouldn’t have his nose put out of joint when told the gravy train is over.

Dawkins is even worse, stupid pretend stadium bids, claiming to be ITK, just a total egomaniac.

The Hatters just look fucking stupid and are treated like club royalty.

Fans are fans are fans. Be it a five year old at her first game or Richard Keys.

GIMOC

by the way, biggest ego of them all is king. And that’s what is causing all the tension.

GIMOC

Because apparently he really wants to put money into the club.

Except he goes all over social media and in the paper and send his flying monkeys out. And we know his fucking name.

Whether he calls himself it or not is irrelevant. He’s not an owner of the club, he’s a fan. I have no idea if his net worth and how much he’s spent on CCFC but as a percentage I’d be surprised if it’s much more than most avid fans.

If it was all out of the goodness of his heart he wouldn’t have his nose put out of joint when told the gravy train is over.

Dawkins is even worse, stupid pretend stadium bids, claiming to be ITK, just a total egomaniac.

The Hatters just look fucking stupid and are treated like club royalty.

Fans are fans are fans. Be it a five year old at her first game or Richard Keys.

bitterness and jealously is a bad trait.

Users who are viewing this thread