Sky Blue song (2 Viewers)

ccfc_ukr

lets be honest, the only people, and then only half at best, that pay any attention to the actual lyrics of that, or any of our song are us Cov fans. I doubt there some FGR fan chatting to his mate on the way home saying "did you hear those Cov fans singing about beating Chelsea lol"...

more to the point, if we were to change it, it would sound much shitter with two variations being sung simultaneously, than it does as it is at the moment!

I can barely understand half of what is being sung at the best of times, and I only sit a block away from singers corner!

Last edited:

pusbccfc

I am proud singing the current version of 'PUSB' as it reminds me of who we associated with when I was a kid.

Johhny Blue

Just googled that tune .
Three differing versions, Andre Ruo,a Dueling Banjos effort and the winner by a Colliery Brass Band.
Left me thinking of one of those brilliant Two Ronnies Musical dialogues .
Wasn't Craig Bellamy playing one of the dueling Banjos in Deliverance?

SkyBlueRuffian

Is it time to revert to the original words of the Sky Blue song - 'Proud Posh or Cobblers' rather than the spurious 'Tottenham or Chelsea' (or whatever) as both Peterborough and Northampton are in the league we aspire to?
Just stop singing it all together until we’re in the Prem league.

RoboCCFC90

How does everyone rate this;

To the tune of Rhythm of the Night...

Jodi Jones is bombing down the wing,
Score a goal and hear the City sing,
Down from Highfield Road,
I wanna hear you say,

Marc McNulty running into space,
You’ll never wipe the smile from his face,
Round and round we go,
I wanna hear you say,

We’ve got Grimmer on the right,
The right,
Oh yeah,
Jordan Willis by his side,
Keeping goals out through the night
Tonightttttt,
Oh yeah,
Play Up Sky Blues was the cry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Tbf we’ve never lost to Barca or Real & last time we played Bayern we won!
I’ve got bad news - this song idea is terrible.... I’m sure we lost to Bayern in a friendly a while back - like 4-0, 6-1 - scott Howie was in goal lol

Seriously though, might aswell keep the song it reminds me of a simpler time that I can hang on to... when we actually played spurs Chelsea and United... and in all fairness we beat Man Utd last time we played them

stevefloyd

I was at the game when we last beat Bayern. Not that it holds much relevance to the thread, I just thoroughly enjoyed writing it.
I was there too my teacher couldnt make it so he gave me the ticket (thanks Mr Griffiths) always remember Gerd Muller being pissed off and booting the ball out of the ground

Users who are viewing this thread