Sky Blue Legend (1 Viewer)

Malaka

If we had a hall of fame and you could only put one player in, who would it be and why?

Tommy Hutchison for me, 11 is still my favourite number, his skills were imense and he would beat people for fun

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Dion Dublin- watching him as a 5-8 year old he was my first ever hero.

Those McAllister front post corners with Dion flicking on & Dublins walk up to the ball style penalty taking will be forever engrained in my mind.

His partnership with Huckerby & Whelan I can say now will never be topped in terms of strike partnership in my lifetime.

skybluelee

Oggy

601 appearances, all whilst we were a top flight club. Saved us from relegation on numerous occasions. Cup winner. City through and through.

Hod dog

I agree with above Dion Dublin, Growing up I loved watching him play, him, Huckerby and Whelan were great!

Fergusons_Beard

My Dad would say Ian Gibson or Colin Stein.

I would say Mick Ferguson (like duh!) Speedie (legend) or Ndluvo (under rated, over looked but anyone who scores a hat trick at Anfield in a Cov Shirt deserves a mention)

If Robbie Keane would have stayed even one more year he'd be head and shoulders above any one!

In went in off Ferguson's beard....

turlykerd

ian wallace for me, he was in the first game i went to away at leeds as a kid , and i then demanded the brown tram line kit and ran around pretending to be him for ages lol

although Houchen comes in a close second

bringbackrattles

George Hudson. What a player and scored goals with his feet and head and was as hard as nails.The word legend truly does belong to the Hud.

CJ_covblaze

From my era it's got to be either Oggy (longevity and commitment), Ndlovu (excitement and skill) or Nilsson (reliability and pure class).

Otis

It's not about who we personally liked though is it? It's about someone warranting the place of the one Sky Blue legend.

To my mind it would have to be George Curtis.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Tommy Hutchison for me, 11 is still my favourite number, his skills were imense and he would beat people for fun

Ronnie Rees (42 goals in 230 games) was a much more effective left-winger than Tommy Huchison (24 in 314 games).

My hall of famer would have to be George Curtis. He was a rock that seemed to dominate virtually everyone he came up against. 487 appearances for City during our golden years.

Sky Blue Dal

Big Cyrille Regis. Powerful front man.

Will always remember him scoring in the 87 quarter finals against Sheffield W.

Loved watching him at our beloved Highfield Road.

wellsy40

Dublin keano roussell hadji chippo macalister whealan hucks boatang thompson regis peakey killer konjic mossua mcgoldrick wilson mcsheff l clarke and many. More bring back the 90s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moff

Tommy Hutchison.

Legends and perhaps never recieved the acclaim they deserve, Lloyd McGrath, Trevor Peake, and Brian Borrows.

Finchy

Mine would be Hutch, closely followed by Bobby MacDonald, Ian Wallace and Mick Ferguson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Reverend Skyblue

I just can't pick one over the 45 years my memory goes back, he if I had to pick would come from the very late sixties mid seventies, though I loved our team 1985-88.

sorry

Tonylinc

An usual choice but for me Barry Powell. The team of that era never performed as well when he was not present. Much the same as today when JOB is not included for whatever reason.

phildownunder

Ronnie Rees (42 goals in 230 games) was a much more effective left-winger than Tommy Huchison (24 in 314 games).

Sorry, can`t agree with that.

Much as I enjoyed Ronnie Rees` role in our rise from 3rd to 1st divisions you can`t judge wingers like those two on goals scored alone.

Ronnie only played about 30 games for us in the 1st division whereas Hutch played all of his there, turning on his magic week in week out against the best defenders in the country and that surely counts for more than simply total goals scored.

I couldn`t resist digging up the description of a "wonder" goal Hutch scored against Arsenal at Highbury.

"Hutch intercepted a pass from Ball on the halfway line and set off on a mazy run. Ball tried to foul him but Hutchison kept his feet. Next man was Pat Rice, who was left floundering by a body swerve. On the edge of the box, Hutchison somehow evaded McLintock`s lunging body check, side stepped the oncoming Barnett and kept his head to shoot into the net from a narrow angle".

Pure magic, and remember this was against the team that finished league runners up that season.

Hutch is definitely my pick.

Users who are viewing this thread