Sky Blue Away Kit (1 Viewer)

OffenhamSkyBlue

Even though there are white stripes in our home kit, the overarching impression is that it is blue, and with blue shorts it would have clashed LESS than the red. Stupid decision based on commercial issues.

ajsccfc

behave - stick another 18 outfield players on and my original complaint is fully justified
It's not 18 more but here's a wider view and I'm still not seeing a clash.

LyXQ0NL.png

While we could have got away with wearing our home one, I don't see a confusion there. A lot of sides have used an away kit which is almost the mirror version of their home one so it's a fairly common contrast.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Otis

It's not 18 more but here's a wider view and I'm still not seeing a clash.

LyXQ0NL.png

While we could have got away with wearing our home one, I don't see a confusion there. A lot of sides have used an away kit which is almost the mirror version of their home one so it's a fairly common contrast.

Maybe it's just me, but I found it a little confusing and so did my wife. Not a massive clash, but just slightly confusing when a player was going for a diving header, or when the ball was in the penalty box and players were on the floor, the red shorts and red tops did kind of meld into one for me at times.

Fine when the ball was at feet and in general play, but in the penalty area with all those bodies it did get a bit confusing and there was a bit of a clash.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Maybe it's just me, but I found it a little confusing and so did my wife.

Took me a while to get used to it. Seem to recall when we've played at Fratton Park we've work sky blue as it apparently doesn't clash with blue!

ajsccfc

I'd go with the red and black idea, with the shirt having black trim the shorts should match by default. And as for those hemlines, well

Gazolba

Maybe it's just me, but I found it a little confusing and so did my wife.

I have to agree. Both teams are in red and white - which should never happen unless you are talking about just socks. Shorts and shirts for both teams should have no colour in common in my opinion. Black, yellow, gold, purple, pink or green are good away colours because so few home strips are those colours. But the away strip should have some sky blue in it even if just the socks, cuffs or collar.

Last edited:

Gaz71

I always remember our home game against Tottenham in 1986 which ended in a 4-3 win for us thanks to a last minute Regis header, the thing that sticks in my mind is Spurs having to wear our away kit, I don't know why, I presume there away kit clashed with our home kit. I also remember the same thing happened when we played Chelsea at Highfield Rd a few years later, anyone else remember any occasions of teams having to wear other teams kits?

AndreasB

A long time ago circa 1962 a certain gentleman namely JH himself revolutionised CCFC commencing with the intro of a Sky Blue playing kit home and away.

So it makes my blood boil to see us play in red on Sunday v Sheff U quite clearly clashing with their red kit so why couldn't we play in our SB kit.

I understand the commercial aspects but we are Sky Blue not red a line must be drawn enoughs enough - please reintroduce club colours ASAP

It's like dancing on Jimmys grave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stupot07

Taking the Wasps connection would it not be an idea to change colours to amber & black hoops?

No, no, NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread