Sky Blue Away Kit (1 Viewer)

A long time ago circa 1962 a certain gentleman namely JH himself revolutionised CCFC commencing with the intro of a Sky Blue playing kit home and away.

So it makes my blood boil to see us play in red on Sunday v Sheff U quite clearly clashing with their red kit so why couldn't we play in our SB kit.

I understand the commercial aspects but we are Sky Blue not red a line must be drawn enoughs enough - please reintroduce club colours ASAP

Esoterica

Can't imagine how you were feeling by the end of the game if your blood was already boiling before we started!

pusbccfc

The Sky Blue and WHITE kit would have without doubt been a bigger clash than Red against White...

Joy Division

A long time ago circa 1962 a certain gentleman namely JH himself revolutionised CCFC commencing with the intro of a Sky Blue playing kit home and away.

So it makes my blood boil to see us play in red on Sunday v Sheff U quite clearly clashing with their red kit so why couldn't we play in our SB kit.

I understand the commercial aspects but we are Sky Blue not red a line must be drawn enoughs enough - please reintroduce club colours ASAP

Don't worry, I've just been in contact with the club and they have confirmed that they will 100% definitely play in sky blue on Saturday.

All the best
x

CJ_covblaze

This has to be a wind up. If not this thread is laughable. Their home kit is white, we play in sky blue and white. Clearly you'd prefer the two teams to end up passing to each other.

Nick

Administrator
This has to be a wind up. If not this thread is laughable. Their home kit is white, we play in sky blue and white. Clearly you'd prefer the two teams to end up passing to each other.
No, they did it to insult Jimmy hill.

ceetee

I'm old enough to remember when clubs only played in their change kit when there was a colour clash.

CJ_covblaze

No, they did it to insult Jimmy hill.

I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to the Football League.

CJ_covblaze

I'm old enough to remember when clubs only played in their change kit when there was a colour clash.

There was on this occasion.

ceetee

There are many occasions nowadays when clubs play in their away kit when there is no colour clash

bawtryneal

Its all to do with the sponsorship on the shirt. Cov have a home shirt with a sponsor and an away shirt with a different sponsor. Each sponsor is guaranteed TV coverage and matches per season

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Its all to do with the sponsorship on the shirt. Cov have a home shirt with a sponsor and an away shirt with a different sponsor. Each sponsor is guaranteed TV coverage and matches per season

But surely that's down to Sky picking games? We've been on twice both times in red.

A fair few L1 sides won't get a televised game this season.

Captain Dart

The home & away shirt sponsors are different, I think you'll find that is at the heart of the matter.

Gazolba

Why not the home team always play in white and the away team in black - just like chess. It solves the whole problem. Each team could personalize by their own colour socks. The sponsors name could be attached with velcro. Or how about having a reversible shirt, you just turn it inside out to get another colour?

Last edited:

Gaz71

Some teams have 3 different kits, have Coventry ever had 3 different shirts in a season apart from the one offs we had? White (World Cup kit), Brown (125 anniversary), blue and white stripes, (cup kit)?

Astute

Why didn't we just swap shorts and socks? They would have been in white and we would have been in red.

CJ_covblaze

Didn't matter during a certain FA cup game against Spurs in 87
And v Stoke and Leeds come to think of it

That blue was darker. I don't personally see what the issue is. I'm all for tradition but if there's a slight chance of confusion there's no reason not to change.

ceetee

Some teams have 3 different kits, have Coventry ever had 3 different shirts in a season apart from the one offs we had? White (World Cup kit), Brown (125 anniversary), blue and white stripes, (cup kit)?

I think we played some away games in our previous yellow kit when our away kit was white

CJ_covblaze

There was the yellow and blue shirt. I think it was 02-03 or 03-04.

Users who are viewing this thread