SIX NATIONS. (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

They'll be crowing about this for another 10 years till it happens again. Smug git Laidlaw the most insufferable of the lot.

bringbackrattles

If Bill McLaren was alive he'd be saying to the annoyance of us English " They'll be dancing in the streets of Kelso tonight ! "

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Ireland are going to take the Grand Slam!
706110_406750892727679_442434701_o.jpg

SkyblueBazza

I thought England were actually a bit poor today - we only really got near a try once (& scored it). The French were quick to stifle any flow & stopped us in our track every time, forcing nervous errors & penalties throughout.

By my reckoning we might yet finish 5th!

That's a bit more severe than a wheel coming off the chariot...more like the floor dropping out lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Then it would just serve you right if England stuff Ireland & they return the omoliment wouldn't it?

Not really, they were droning on about how they'd won the thing before it had even started. The meltdowns after the Scotland game were priceless.

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

Scot's result & performance today means they get the prize for biggest embarrassment of this yrs tournament

SkyblueBazza

They won and England finishing 5th would be the biggest embarrassment
As the tournament has progressed, it has become a very real possibility - a bit more humiliating than embarrassing imo. Scraping a win at the death against Italy is very embarrassing

SkyblueBazza

I don't think we were THAT poor - just not as good as we can be on our day.
The really disappointed thing is the way we were built up to be genuine challengers to NZ as World No1 - & we have been humbled

wingy

They've looked sluggish and off the pace all through the tournament for me.
Not sure what's behind that and I do question some of the quality status given to some of the squad, one or two missing as well but well done to the other teams exploiting whatever our woes have been.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

They rightly went in well ‘hyped’ up not too sure how they’ve gone so off the boil, I guess it’ll be the end for some of the older guard now Brown, Robshaw & Cole, some very good youngsters coming through that they’ve now got to use for the summer tour to SA and the autumn internationals and next years 6 Nations before the World Cup.

NZ don’t show any signs of slowing down which is a worry for the rest of the world!

Just have to hope Ireland keep going as they’ve done what England need to do now, play & ‘gamble’ on youth and it’s paid dividends!

On a side note the 6 Nations proves to be for me the most gripping and high quality event in sport so bloody brilliant year in year out!

Bumberclart

Anyone else see similarities with the England football team?
Lots of good individuals, but unable to play as a team.

Ireland were the best team by a mile, and the refereeing left a little to be desired.

SBAndy

Anyone else see similarities with the England football team?
Lots of good individuals, but unable to play as a team.

Ireland were the best team by a mile, and the refereeing left a little to be desired.

Think that's a bit of a stretch if I'm honest, the team went 2 years pretty much unbeaten. I'd suggest the 2 issues were Ben Youngs getting injured early on, and also this rather weird decision of playing Lawes in the back row. Didn't sit well with me early on and results have proved it a failed experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread